|By Marketwired .||
|July 19, 2012 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/19/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced Oracle Privileged Account Manager to help customers efficiently comply with regulatory requirements, secure critical applications and sensitive data, and lower operational costs.
- The latest addition to Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, a key component of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Oracle Privileged Account Manager provides customers with the ability to easily and safely manage passwords for shared or administrative accounts associated with business applications, middleware, databases and operating systems.
- Typically an enterprise data center can have hundreds of shared accounts, bringing an additional level of security concerns as shared accounts provide elevated system access often to highly sensitive information and can be accessed by multiple sources with little way to audit their usage back to any individual.
- By combining advanced policy-based and automated password management capabilities with comprehensive auditing and reporting features, Oracle Privileged Account Manager delivers highly-secure and simplified password administration to shared accounts, while further streamlining identity compliance reporting.
- As a part of Oracle Identity Governance and integrated into Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, Oracle Privileged Account Manager can also significantly reduce identity management costs, deployment times and audit deficiencies.
Integrated Best-in-Class Access Management
- With Oracle Privileged Account Manager, administrators can easily manage and provision access to every layer of company information and data. Features in Oracle Privileged Account Manager include:
- Policy-Based Password Check-Out/Check-In: A Web-based user interface allows administrators to request access to administrative accounts, eliminating the manual logging and tracking of passwords.
- Integration with Oracle Identity Manager 11g: Streamlines password management by enabling Oracle Privileged Account Manager to use the same workflow approvals for account requests and automatically provision access with the same connectors.
- Automatic Password Change: With Oracle Identity Manager 11g connectors available for Unix/Linux, Database and LDAP systems, Oracle Privileged Account Manager supports virtually any application -- improving security and reducing the risk of fraud by automatically changing passwords after administrator check-ins.
- Comprehensive Auditing and Reporting: Tight integration with Oracle Identity Manager 11g and Oracle Identity Analytics 11g provides a common approach and simplifies compliance reporting.
- "With increasing complexity and the need for tight policy controls, managing passwords for shared and administrative accounts can be a very time consuming and expensive process," said Amit Jasuja, vice president of development, Security and Identity Management at Oracle. "Oracle Privileged Account Manager reduces the administrative burden while enabling customers to benefit from simplified, highly-secure management of shared and administrative accounts. The combination can significantly reduce identity costs and improve security by protecting sensitive data from unauthorized parties."
- Oracle Privileged Account Manager
- Oracle Identity Management 11g
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
- Oracle Identity Manager 11g
- Oracle Identity Analytics 11g
- Join the Oracle Identity Management online communities: Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,239
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 27, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,908
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,051
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,148
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 251
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,220
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,416
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 27, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,159
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 27, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 11,587
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,938
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,022
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 27, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,095
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 27, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,068
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,275
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,217
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,886
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 787
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,117
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,516
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 784