DENVER, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- EDUCAUSE -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- The University of Akron, a culturally diverse university with more than 28,000 students, located in Akron, Ohio, has implemented Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management hosted on Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research.
- The University of Akron has a robust technology infrastructure; however, with a multitude of projects in progress, the university had limited resources available to implement and maintain a traditional business intelligence environment in its data center. The university also sought to achieve operational cost efficiencies and shorten the implementation cycle by hosting the environment in the cloud.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition provides the university with a set of reporting and ad-hoc query and analysis capabilities that The University of Akron staff can access and personalize using Oracle's pre-built dashboards.
- The University of Akron also deployed PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management solutions including Financial Analytics, Human Capital Management Warehouse and Supply Chain Analytics, which provides strategic planning and goal setting capabilities and an end-to-end reporting process, including processes that meet National Science Foundation (NSF) research reporting requirements.
- The University of Akron will leverage Oracle's business intelligence and enterprise planning solutions as it implements its Vision 2020 -- a strategic plan designed to grow enrollment, improve the learning experience and increase funding for student programs, faculty, research, campus and community.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management add to the university's Oracle footprint, which also includes PeopleSoft Enterprise Student Financials, a component of Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, and PeopleSoft Human Capital Management.
- The University of Akron worked with Oracle Consulting to implement its cloud environment via standard software and practices in nine months -- having launched the initial environment in July 2012. The complete implementation process will happen in three phases. The University of Akron is currently in phase two, where it will increase user counts from 30 to 125 and complete the NSF reporting functionality.
- "The University of Akron has implemented many Oracle solutions, now including Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition. We have limited internal resources currently available, and the Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research provided the university with an additional option for its strategic planning needs -- while also preserving internal capabilities to focus on core competencies," said Susan Rzyczycki, assistant vice president applications services, The University of Akron.
- "With funding shortages and a need for increased operational efficiencies, higher education institutions are seeking ways to operate more efficiently while providing their faculty, staff and students with new technologies. We believe that with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management, hosted on Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research, The University of Akron will have greater reporting capabilities to facilitate forecasting and planning, while reducing operational expenses," said Cole Clark, global vice president, education and research industry, Oracle.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.