SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Coverity, the development testing leader, today announced a record fiscal year 2012, achieving 58% new customer bookings growth and adding over 190 new customer accounts to the Coverity portfolio including market-leading companies such as Zimmer Medical, Aviva UK, NNG LLC, Skybox Imaging and Eagle Investment Systems.
"Our exceptional growth and adoption over the past year is a direct result of the increasing demand across a variety of industries for development testing as a business-critical software development standard," said Anthony Bettencourt, Chief Executive Officer of Coverity. "The market leaders in every industry that develop software-based products and services have adopted Coverity to help them identify and fix critical quality and security issues early in the development process—before they negatively impact brands and bottom lines. I'd like to personally thank all of our customers, partners and employees for an outstanding fiscal 2012 and we look forward to continued growth and success in 2013."
Additional fiscal year 2012 highlights include:
- Rated as a Transformational company in the voke Market Mover Array™ Report for Testing Platforms and named the market share leader for the embedded automated test and verification and static analysis markets by VDC Research.
- Recognized as one of the nation's fastest growing companies in North America on Deloitte's 2011 Technology Fast 500 list, ranked on the 2012 Inc. 5000 list of the nation's fastest-growing private companies, and included in the San Francisco Business Times Top 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area list for 2011.
- Expanded the executive team with the appointments of John Calonico as Chief Financial Officer and Matt Green as Chief Revenue Officer, bringing a combined 55 years of experience to Coverity in leading companies through hyper-growth, profitable operations and successful initial public offerings.
- Formed the Coverity Security Research Laboratory, a team dedicated to spearheading vulnerability research and advancing industry efforts to build security into the development process.
- Released Coverity 6.5, the industry's first developer-friendly and enterprise ready development testing platform, including integration into HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Announced an integration with Wind River embedded software to bring development testing for security to embedded software development.
- Unveiled next-generation static analysis technology to empower development teams to effectively address security defects in Java web applications.
- Won the prestigious 2012 SIIA CODiE award for Best Software Development Solution.
- Released the 2011 Coverity Scan Open Source Integrity Report which detailed the analysis of over 37 million lines of open source software code and over 300 million lines of proprietary software code from a sample of anonymous Coverity users.
- Launched the Coverity Community, an online portal based on the Jive platform, providing developers with a central place to network and collaborate with other Coverity users, Coverity technical product experts, and the development community at large to gather and share best practices for development testing.
Coverity, Inc., (www.coverity.com), the development testing leader, is the trusted standard for companies that need to protect their brands and bottom lines from software failures. More than 1,100 Coverity customers use Coverity's development testing suite of products to automatically test source code for software defects that could lead to product crashes, unexpected behavior, security breaches or catastrophic failure. Coverity is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco. Coverity is funded by Foundation Capital and Benchmark Capital. Follow us on Twitter or check out our blog.