Fort Collins, CO, November 06, 2012 --(PR.com)-- Jetbox today announced the beta release of its latest rapid development toolset, iC5™ Designer. Designer is a comprehensive, Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the ENOVIA platform. Unlike current development tools and methodologies that are primarily text based, Designer provides an intelligent graphical UI with advanced features that make ENOVIA configuration and customization easier, faster, and less prone to errors.
“Managers of global development teams and large IT departments know that it’s hard to recruit experienced ENOVIA developers and costly to train and retain novices,” stated Jon Nelson, CEO Jetbox.
iC5 Designer directly addresses this problem by radically reducing the time and training required to make novice developers productive, slashing training costs and ramp-up time in half. And, for expert ENOVIA developers, Designer has already shown proven net productivity improvements of more than 2X. These improvements have been seen with real world ENOVIA implementation projects over the course of the last two years, during which time the tool was developed and field tested.
Designer's intelligent and intuitive UI provides many advanced features, including:
· Full compatibility with other ENOVIA development tools such as Spinner and MQL
· Templates and Wizards for creation of new schema and UI elements
· Context sensitive editing functions that provide intelligent defaults and choices for JSPs, URL parameters, command settings, etc.
· Intelligent navigation between related objects, including "Where Used" capability
· Referential integrity enforcement – name changes of schema elements are automatically updated in all places where used, such as command HREF's and settings, expressions, policy states, etc.
In addition to these features in the free beta release, future releases will include even more advanced features such as the following:
· Live database updates – the ENOVIA database will be automatically updated in real time as you work in Designer
· Integration with the Eclipse JAVA IDE (as a plugin), including support for real-time debugging of JPOs and JSPs, management of web files, and WAR file deployment
· Automatic code generation – create a prototype of an entire working application in less than five minutes
"The ENOVIA platform is well known for its advanced architecture, superior configurability, and unlimited extensibility. And the standard ENOVIA tools such as Spinner, MQL and Business Modeler are extremely powerful," stated John Hubert, Product Manager at Jetbox. "However, for anyone who has ever used these tools, Designer will be a breath of fresh air. It's the difference between writing Java code with a text editor versus with a Java IDE."
The company is offering this tool as a free download for a limited time via their website: www.jetboxsolutions.com/ic5-designer/. The release is available until February 1st, 2013 with a direct line to their support services as well.
Jetbox has a healthy roadmap for the ENOVIA platform that will continue to showcase rapid development tools, user productivity tools and upgradeability tools.
For more information on iC5 Designer, please visit: www.jetboxsolutions.com/ic5-designer/
Jetbox™, Inc. specializes in developing innovative software toolsets to streamline the process of deploying and maintaining out-of-the-box PLM applications. Jetbox challenges the notion that PLM is difficult to sell, implement, use, and maintain. With the introduction of its ground-breaking toolsets, based on patent pending technologies and time tested methodologies, Jetbox helps companies execute a smooth and rapid deployment of out-of-the-box PLM applications with the added benefits of enhancing and optimizing user experience and productivity, eliminating the need for customizations, and rapidly decreasing the overall time-to-value for companies. Cut through the roadblocks to adopting PLM and help your company realize the value of a speedy PLM implementation today. Visit www.jetboxsolutions.com for more.
Contact via Email
Click here to read the full story: Jetbox Introduces iC5™ Designer, an Advanced IDE for ENOVIA Configuration and Customization That Doubles Productivity and Cuts Learning Time in Half
Press Release Distributed by PR.com