REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Enabling customers to simplify IT and better manage their storage environments, Oracle today announced Oracle's Sun Storage Archive Manager 5.3 and Sun QFS 5.3.
- With this release, Oracle is the first tape vendor to offer end-to-end data integrity validation, enabling customers to simplify and shorten the time consuming process of verifying their digital archives are uncorrupted and accessible.
- When used with Oracle's StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives, a command from SAM-QFS initiates data verification within the tape drive itself, with no need to transfer the data back to the server.
- Oracle's Sun Storage Archive Manager streamlines data management processes with policy-based storage tiering to help customers reduce storage cost and complexity. In addition to support for Data Integrity Verification in StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives, Oracle's SAM-QFS environment provides new tiered storage support with:
- Improved Windows and Mac OS interoperability via native Oracle Solaris 11 support for CIFS/SMB and NFSv4, which enhances synchronization between these environments and SAM-QFS to improve usability in heterogeneous data centers.
- Enhanced analytics with new Static Defined Tracing probes, designed to provide insight into file-level operations to significantly improve performance analysis for troubleshooting and cut time to problem resolution.
- Expanded tape drive and software support for StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives for Standard and Volsafe media, StorageTek LTO-5 with WORM media support and IBM and HP LTO-5 tape drives, as well as Oracle Solaris 11 and Oracle's StorageTek Automated Cartridge System Library Software (ACSLS) 8.0.1 and 8.0.2.
- Sun Storage Archive Manager extends Oracle's leadership in providing an integrated tiered storage solution for data protection and archive with Oracle WebCenter Content, Oracle's Pillar Axiom storage system, Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, Oracle's StorageTek Tape, Oracle Recovery Manager 11g, Oracle Secure Backup and as part of the Oracle Optimized Solution for Lifecycle Content Management.
- "Oracle's comprehensive suite of storage software helps increase storage efficiency and reduce the complexity of storage management," said James Cates, vice president, Hardware Development, Oracle. "With the latest release of Sun Storage Archive Manager and Sun QFS 5.3, Oracle is delivering a number of advanced features which facilitate closer integration with Oracle software and enable customers to more effectively manage and protect their data on tape."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement.