|By Kenrick Freemen||
|January 8, 2013 11:57 AM EST||
Difference between SCJP and OCAJP
SCJP (Sun Certified Java Programmer) is the certification name previously referred by Sun Microsystems for Java 6 and prior versions. The certification has been re-published and rebranded after Oracle takeover Sun Microsystems. There will be only one program level certification for Java prior to Java 7 but after Java 7, Oracle introduced two certifications.
- OCAJP (Associate Level Java Program)
- OCPJP (Professional Level Java Program)
Note that OCAJP is the pre-requirement for OCPJP. One must complete OCAJP prior to taking OCPJP (old name SCPJP).
Knowledge required to clear OCAJP exam
The exam requires basic Java Knowledge of Java data types, strings, arrays, loop constructs, methods and encapsulation, inheritance and exceptions. Complete Java 7 knowledge may not be required for this exam; however it is required to attend next level exam (OCPJP).
Topic1: Java Basics
Topic2: Working With Java Data Types
Topic3: Using Operators and Decision Constructs
Topic4: Creating and Using Arrays
Topic5: Using Loop Constructs
Topic6: Working with Methods and Encapsulation
Topic7: Working with Inheritance
Topic8: Handling Exceptions
How to prepare for OCAJP?
There are numerous websites and blogs talking about this certification preparation materials but one that scored high quality over others is OCAJP (Java SE 7 OCA) Training Lab. The study guide was released at the time of OCAJP beta exam itself and passed more than five successful updates based on latest exam objectives.
The product can fulfill following needs for OCAJP preparation aspirants
- Study Book
- Mock Exam
- Preparation Training
- Pinpoint your weakness
The kit comes with many learning components to prepare OCAJP.
1. Exam objective info.
2. Set Goals against exam topics.
3. Set schedule for your preparation. Plan always helps you to achieve milestones in certain time period.
4. Take pre-measurement exam and identify your strength and weakness. You can view answers and explanations after completing exam.
5. Basic session provides e-book like study guide for each exam topic by simple tree index navigation, and next- previous navigation. The exam provided in basic session justifies your understanding of basic session.
6. Advanced Session provides program/code examples about each exam objectives. The exam assesses you to complete code snippets to satisfy some technical goals. This kind of practice is very important for current practical based exam questions.
7. Session Rewind Quiz. This type of test helps you to improve your grasping skill to answer a question over time.
8. Mock Exam and Final Exam. There are three mock exams available for practice with pre-defined exam format mode. You can also take an exam by selecting questions by topic and different level (Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert). Each exam will be monitored by Focus Lab, where you can find wrong attended questions with number of attempts.
9. Focus Lab. Focus Lab stores all the wrongly answered questions in every lab. It classifies the questions based on the number of attempts. This helps you to select those questions that were attempted multiple times wrongly and focus your efforts to improvise on them.
10. Reports. You can find numerous reports about your preparation,
- Goals Tracker
- Gantt Chart
- Schedule Tracker
- PPA Tracker
Download OCAJP 7 Training Lab
Click download link and proceed to access trial mode.
Oracle offers online training to cover this exam objective. The cost will be too high when compared to others, but it is worth attending when comparing to other vendors.
Jul. 31, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 301
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,400
Jul. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 452
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 101
Jul. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 267
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,057
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,160
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,272
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,185
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,763
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,042
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,029
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 324
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,903
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,573
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 390
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,957
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 460
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,536
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,487