|By Marketwired .||
|February 21, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/21/13 -- Oracle Financial Services and Insurance Forum -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help financial institutions meet today's growing risk management and compliance requirements, Oracle Financial Services has expanded its Oracle Financial Services Enterprise Risk Management suite to include a new model risk management solution, as well as enhanced offerings for regulatory capital management and credit risk management.
- Oracle's Enterprise Risk Management suite, part of the Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications family, provides a single, unified platform that helps today's financial institutions meet increasingly complex compliance requirements and performance objectives. The end-to-end platform enables financial services organizations to effectively identify and manage risk to support their risk-adjusted performance objectives, promote a proactive risk management culture and mitigate the costs of compliance.
Oracle Financial Services Model Risk Management
- To meet evolving regulatory mandates, financial institutions require a comprehensive view of risks associated with inaccurate or improperly applied financial and business models. Many firms are struggling to achieve this transparency because they continue to manage their models in siloed environments.
- Oracle Financial Services Model Risk Management provides a common environment to manage all risks associated with the use of models, including risks arising due to poor data quality, incorrect or inappropriate use, design flaws, incorrect implementation and unauthorized access.
- The solution delivers a single repository for all model information across the enterprise, includes pre-built dashboards to jump start benefits and provides drill-down capabilities for in-depth insight.
- This application provides a common environment to manage risks associated with the use of models including risks arising due to data quality, incorrect or inappropriate usage, design flaws, incorrect implementation and unauthorized access.
- The solution helps firms to improve governance around the use of models through a comprehensive, structured and consistent framework for periodic assessment and validation of models across categories.
Oracle Financial Services Credit Risk Management
- To gain a full understanding of credit risk and respond effectively, financial institutions must be able to rapidly identify and analyze emerging portfolio issues across the enterprise. In many firms today, data is dispersed across multiple risk applications, impeding visibility into potential risk across the entire organization.
- Oracle Financial Services Credit Risk Management provides a single, consistent view of portfolio credit risk across an organization -- including product types, lines of business, geographies and legal entities -- by combining results from multiple sources (capital adequacy systems, modeling applications, trading systems and external data). The application enables risk managers and c-level executives to quickly and comprehensively identify and evaluate portfolio risk from a top-down enterprise view of metrics.
- The comprehensive solution includes components for wholesale and retail credit risk, as well as a counterparty credit risk module that provides detailed analysis of credit risk on derivative exposures.
- Pre-built reports -- covering credit quality, reserves and allowances, delinquency, new business, risk mitigation, capital requirement, collections and more -- along with ready-to-use dashboards, put valuable insight in the hands of risk professionals as well as line of business managers, enabling firms to get immediate value from the solution.
- Oracle Financial Services Credit Risk Management also supports virtually seamless integration with other Oracle Financial Services Enterprise Risk applications, including Oracle Financial Services Loan Loss Forecasting and Provisioning, Oracle Financial Services Economic Capital and Oracle Financial Services Basel Regulatory Capital, designed to deliver a comprehensive view that eliminates the need to download and collate information from multiple applications.
Oracle Financial Services Basel Regulatory Capital Version 6.0
- The newest release of Oracle Financial Services Basel Regulatory Capital offers a complete solution for Basel III compliance, covering multiple risks, portfolios and asset classes. It enables financial institutions to quickly achieve Basel III compliance with a ready-to-use analytical solution.
- Version 6.0 includes functionality to address Basel III leverage ratio, capital adequacy and capital buffers. Enhancements include new/modified rules for computation of credit valuation adjustment (CVA) capital charge, re-securitization charges, minority interests, deferred tax assets (DTAs) and revised criteria for available capital.
- The application is designed to enhance strategic decision making by enabling a consolidated view with drill-down capability to enable granular analysis of capital adequacy under baseline and stressed scenarios.
- "Today's financial institutions need a comprehensive understanding of their risk-return to make strategic decisions that strengthen competitive advantage, reduce the overall cost of compliance and enhance long-term customer value," said S. Ramakrishnan, group vice president and general manager, Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications. "The Oracle Financial Services Enterprise Risk Management suite is built to meet these requirements. The platform delivers a consolidated view of risk across the enterprise, enabling firms to make faster and more informed strategic capital decisions."
- Oracle Financial Services
- Oracle Financial Services Model Risk Management
- Oracle Financial Services Credit Risk Management
- Oracles Financial Services Basel Regulatory Capital 6.0
- Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure
- Follow Oracle Financial Services on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Financial Services Community on Facebook
- Subscribe to the Oracle Financial Services YouTube Channel
- Follow the Oracle Financial Services Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to financial services, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Sep. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,629
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 257
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 680
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the data to create additional revenue streams, such as improved warranties or premium features. Or slash...
Sep. 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 145
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 175
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 5, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 205
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 5, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 178
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Sep. 5, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 365
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Sep. 5, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,081
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small, but are focused on specific tasks. The ability for developers to deploy multiple containers – thous...
Sep. 5, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 257
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 5, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 317
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 5, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 335
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Sep. 5, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 781
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Communication) is an open source project supported by Google, Mozilla and Opera that aims to enable bro...
Sep. 5, 2015 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,667
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 5, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 466
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 5, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 527
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 5, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,740
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 306
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,015
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 275