|By Marketwired .||
|February 21, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/21/13 -- Oracle Financial Services and Insurance Forum -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help financial institutions meet today's growing risk management and compliance requirements, Oracle Financial Services has expanded its Oracle Financial Services Enterprise Risk Management suite to include a new model risk management solution, as well as enhanced offerings for regulatory capital management and credit risk management.
- Oracle's Enterprise Risk Management suite, part of the Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications family, provides a single, unified platform that helps today's financial institutions meet increasingly complex compliance requirements and performance objectives. The end-to-end platform enables financial services organizations to effectively identify and manage risk to support their risk-adjusted performance objectives, promote a proactive risk management culture and mitigate the costs of compliance.
Oracle Financial Services Model Risk Management
- To meet evolving regulatory mandates, financial institutions require a comprehensive view of risks associated with inaccurate or improperly applied financial and business models. Many firms are struggling to achieve this transparency because they continue to manage their models in siloed environments.
- Oracle Financial Services Model Risk Management provides a common environment to manage all risks associated with the use of models, including risks arising due to poor data quality, incorrect or inappropriate use, design flaws, incorrect implementation and unauthorized access.
- The solution delivers a single repository for all model information across the enterprise, includes pre-built dashboards to jump start benefits and provides drill-down capabilities for in-depth insight.
- This application provides a common environment to manage risks associated with the use of models including risks arising due to data quality, incorrect or inappropriate usage, design flaws, incorrect implementation and unauthorized access.
- The solution helps firms to improve governance around the use of models through a comprehensive, structured and consistent framework for periodic assessment and validation of models across categories.
Oracle Financial Services Credit Risk Management
- To gain a full understanding of credit risk and respond effectively, financial institutions must be able to rapidly identify and analyze emerging portfolio issues across the enterprise. In many firms today, data is dispersed across multiple risk applications, impeding visibility into potential risk across the entire organization.
- Oracle Financial Services Credit Risk Management provides a single, consistent view of portfolio credit risk across an organization -- including product types, lines of business, geographies and legal entities -- by combining results from multiple sources (capital adequacy systems, modeling applications, trading systems and external data). The application enables risk managers and c-level executives to quickly and comprehensively identify and evaluate portfolio risk from a top-down enterprise view of metrics.
- The comprehensive solution includes components for wholesale and retail credit risk, as well as a counterparty credit risk module that provides detailed analysis of credit risk on derivative exposures.
- Pre-built reports -- covering credit quality, reserves and allowances, delinquency, new business, risk mitigation, capital requirement, collections and more -- along with ready-to-use dashboards, put valuable insight in the hands of risk professionals as well as line of business managers, enabling firms to get immediate value from the solution.
- Oracle Financial Services Credit Risk Management also supports virtually seamless integration with other Oracle Financial Services Enterprise Risk applications, including Oracle Financial Services Loan Loss Forecasting and Provisioning, Oracle Financial Services Economic Capital and Oracle Financial Services Basel Regulatory Capital, designed to deliver a comprehensive view that eliminates the need to download and collate information from multiple applications.
Oracle Financial Services Basel Regulatory Capital Version 6.0
- The newest release of Oracle Financial Services Basel Regulatory Capital offers a complete solution for Basel III compliance, covering multiple risks, portfolios and asset classes. It enables financial institutions to quickly achieve Basel III compliance with a ready-to-use analytical solution.
- Version 6.0 includes functionality to address Basel III leverage ratio, capital adequacy and capital buffers. Enhancements include new/modified rules for computation of credit valuation adjustment (CVA) capital charge, re-securitization charges, minority interests, deferred tax assets (DTAs) and revised criteria for available capital.
- The application is designed to enhance strategic decision making by enabling a consolidated view with drill-down capability to enable granular analysis of capital adequacy under baseline and stressed scenarios.
- "Today's financial institutions need a comprehensive understanding of their risk-return to make strategic decisions that strengthen competitive advantage, reduce the overall cost of compliance and enhance long-term customer value," said S. Ramakrishnan, group vice president and general manager, Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications. "The Oracle Financial Services Enterprise Risk Management suite is built to meet these requirements. The platform delivers a consolidated view of risk across the enterprise, enabling firms to make faster and more informed strategic capital decisions."
- Oracle Financial Services
- Oracle Financial Services Model Risk Management
- Oracle Financial Services Credit Risk Management
- Oracles Financial Services Basel Regulatory Capital 6.0
- Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure
- Follow Oracle Financial Services on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Financial Services Community on Facebook
- Subscribe to the Oracle Financial Services YouTube Channel
- Follow the Oracle Financial Services Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to financial services, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 571
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,389
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,318
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:15 AM EST Reads: 500
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 802
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 643
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for s...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 799
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,277
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,163
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 582
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 350
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,292
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,049
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 5,152
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,773
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,384
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,488
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,905
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,330
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,878