|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2013 02:32 PM EDT||
ABINGDON, England, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Kaspersky Lab launches PURE 3.0 Total Security to safeguard users' identity, passwords, money and digital assets online
Consumers are leaving themselves open to online fraud, when banking and shopping online. According to research from YouGov on behalf of Kaspersky Lab, less than half (43 per cent) of consumers have insurance to cover their debit or credit cards from illegitimate withdrawals and purchases. The research also reveals that 38 per cent of consumers use the same password for more than one online account, increasing the likelihood of a cybercriminal gaining access to multiple accounts.
Data from Kaspersky Lab[i] shows that more than 5,000 websites are compromised daily, including popular banking and shopping websites. With 77 per cent of computer users regularly shopping online in 2012,[ii] and 86 per cent now using online banking,[iii] it's easy to imagine how many transactions occur daily, and how many credit card numbers are at the fingertips of cybercriminals.
In addition, Kaspersky data[iv] also shows that approximately 70 per cent of phishing emails trick victims into visiting malicious, cleverly-forged websites for the sole purpose of stealing their bank credentials.
To help protect home PC users from these threats, Kaspersky Lab has announced the launch of Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security to safeguard all things stored and exchanged on users' PCs. The new product from Kaspersky boasts an array of features including online banking and shopping security, password management and online backup, all of which can be accessed via an easy-to-use interface with rapid access to key features and management from the main window.
"The Internet has become a key element of our lives today and this has increased the potential 'attack surface' for cybercriminals. As increasing numbers of us bank, shop and socialise online, the number and sophistication of attacks from cybercriminals also rises, therefore we all need to make sure we are taking the necessary precautions to stay protected," says "David Emm, Senior Security Researcher, Kaspersky Lab. "By incorporating award-winning technologies such as Safe Money and Automatic Exploit Prevention into Kaspersky PURE 3.0, we sought to develop a product that not only protects a PC but the digital identity and online assets of its user, whether that be bank details or personal photos."
New and Improved Features of Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security include:
- Safe money: Cybercriminals are after one thing in the end: money. The Internet gives these modern con-artists new ways to steal, so Kaspersky PURE 3.0 includes new ways to stay protected. Using new Safe Money technology, Kaspersky PURE 3.0 verifies that all websites requiring banking, payment, or shopping information are genuine, so users aren't tricked into entering personal information onto a fake website. By using security certificates and checking website reputation, Safe Money verifies the sites' authenticity, and then automatically launches a secure web browser to offer extra protection from online malware. For even more protection, Safe Money also includes a new Secure Keyboard feature, which ensures login information isn't recorded by keylogging software.
- Password Sync: Passwords are a vital way to control the information that makes up a person's identity, making it crucial to ensure the strength and complexity of their passwords. On average, Internet users have at least five password-protected accounts that use various combinations of characters and symbols to securely log in. Multiple passwords are often difficult to remember and keep organised. Kaspersky Lab's online password vault allows users to store all their login information in a single, secure vault, that can be synced across multiple PCs (with PURE 3.0 installed), instead of carrying a list of passwords on a piece of paper, or using the same details for every login.
If users are looking to create the most secure passwords they can, the Kaspersky Password Manager will generate an incredibly sophisticated password so they don't have to, and further save it to the cloud, so memorising it won't be necessary.
- Online Backup: With so many critical documents, photos and information stored on users' computers, it's important to plan for physical loss, damage or theft of PCs. Kaspersky PURE 3.0 now offers an integrated online backup feature, allowing users to automatically back up their files online via a preliminarily created account on Dropbox service. Once the files have been backed up, users will be able to access the files from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Automatic Exploit Prevention: Many of the software programs we use daily can be easily exploited and turned into an effective entry point for cybercriminals. These common programs, such as Adobe Acrobat, Java, and more, may contain vulnerabilities that have not been fixed by the software creator, or by users who absentmindedly click "ignore" when prompted to install software updates. If these vulnerabilities are left unpatched, cybercriminals can use these holes to gain access to their computer. Kaspersky Lab's new Automatic Exploit Prevention technology anticipates and blocks these types of attacks by watching over the programs installed on the PC and monitoring them for abnormal behaviour. If the program tries to perform unusual or unauthorised activities, this technology blocks the potentially malicious action.
- Parental Controls: Parents aren't always aware of what children are doing while they're on the computer, which can be worrisome. With Kaspersky PURE's parental controls, users will know their children are completely protected with Kaspersky Lab's premier security features and filters. Parents can block access to inappropriate websites, set Internet usage time limits, and prevent valuable information from being shared via Facebook and Twitter, such as addresses or credit card numbers. If a child has their own computer, parents can manage and monitor all these Parental Control settings from their own computer via the central management tool.
- Home Network Control. Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security features an improved, easy-to-use centralised security management function for networked home computers. This allows users to check the protection status and update the antivirus database for all the PCs in a home network from just one computer.
Don't just take our word for it
Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security is built on the award-winning foundation of Kaspersky Lab's premium security technology, which consistently outperforms competitor products in rigorous independent industry tests. Products from Kaspersky Lab's line of home-user protection participated in more than 50 independent tests in 2012 and achieved first-place in half of these evaluations. More information on the award results can be found here.
System requirements to install and run Kaspersky PURE 3.0
Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security is compatible with Microsoft Windows 8/Pro/Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit*); Microsoft Windows 7 Starter/Home Basic and Premium/Professional/Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit* Service Pack 1 or higher); Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic and Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit* Service Pack 2 or higher). Microsoft Windows XP Home/Professional (32-bit Service Pack 3 or higher and 64-bit* Service Pack 2 or higher.)
Availability and Pricing
Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security will be available from March 12, 2013. One-year licences can be purchased for £59.99 for a one user license and £89.99 for a three user license.
To learn more about Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security, please visit: http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/store
* Password Manager works with 32-bit applications and browsers
Kaspersky Lab has launched a new online newsroom, Kaspersky Lab Newsroom Europe (http://newsroom.kaspersky.eu/), for journalists throughout Europe. The newsroom is specifically designed to serve many of the media's most common requests, making it easier for journalists to find product and corporate information, facts and figures, editorial copy, images, videos and audio files, as well as details about the appropriate PR contacts.
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world's largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world's top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its 15-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for consumers, SMBs and enterprises. The company currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at http://www.kaspersky.co.uk.
* The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2011. The rating was published in the IDC report "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2012-2016 Forecast and 2011 Vendor Shares (IDC #235930, July 2012). The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2011.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
© 2013 Kaspersky Lab. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for Kaspersky Lab products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Kaspersky Lab shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
i. Data was obtained from Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) in 2012.
ii. According the worldwide survey conducted by O+K Research in May 2012.
iii. According to research from YouGov Plc on behalf of Kaspersky Lab. Total sample size was 2055 and the survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
iv. Data was obtained from Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) in 2012.
1650 Arlington Business Park
RG7 4SA, Reading
Kaspersky Lab UK
Milton Business Park
OX14 4RY, Oxford
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 27, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,329
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,761
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,998
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,727
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 27, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,008
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,929
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,856
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 673
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,544
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,944
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 493
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 611
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,596
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,866
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,060
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,321
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,245
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 789
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,639
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 25, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,163