|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2013 02:32 PM EDT||
ABINGDON, England, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Kaspersky Lab launches PURE 3.0 Total Security to safeguard users' identity, passwords, money and digital assets online
Consumers are leaving themselves open to online fraud, when banking and shopping online. According to research from YouGov on behalf of Kaspersky Lab, less than half (43 per cent) of consumers have insurance to cover their debit or credit cards from illegitimate withdrawals and purchases. The research also reveals that 38 per cent of consumers use the same password for more than one online account, increasing the likelihood of a cybercriminal gaining access to multiple accounts.
Data from Kaspersky Lab[i] shows that more than 5,000 websites are compromised daily, including popular banking and shopping websites. With 77 per cent of computer users regularly shopping online in 2012,[ii] and 86 per cent now using online banking,[iii] it's easy to imagine how many transactions occur daily, and how many credit card numbers are at the fingertips of cybercriminals.
In addition, Kaspersky data[iv] also shows that approximately 70 per cent of phishing emails trick victims into visiting malicious, cleverly-forged websites for the sole purpose of stealing their bank credentials.
To help protect home PC users from these threats, Kaspersky Lab has announced the launch of Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security to safeguard all things stored and exchanged on users' PCs. The new product from Kaspersky boasts an array of features including online banking and shopping security, password management and online backup, all of which can be accessed via an easy-to-use interface with rapid access to key features and management from the main window.
"The Internet has become a key element of our lives today and this has increased the potential 'attack surface' for cybercriminals. As increasing numbers of us bank, shop and socialise online, the number and sophistication of attacks from cybercriminals also rises, therefore we all need to make sure we are taking the necessary precautions to stay protected," says "David Emm, Senior Security Researcher, Kaspersky Lab. "By incorporating award-winning technologies such as Safe Money and Automatic Exploit Prevention into Kaspersky PURE 3.0, we sought to develop a product that not only protects a PC but the digital identity and online assets of its user, whether that be bank details or personal photos."
New and Improved Features of Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security include:
- Safe money: Cybercriminals are after one thing in the end: money. The Internet gives these modern con-artists new ways to steal, so Kaspersky PURE 3.0 includes new ways to stay protected. Using new Safe Money technology, Kaspersky PURE 3.0 verifies that all websites requiring banking, payment, or shopping information are genuine, so users aren't tricked into entering personal information onto a fake website. By using security certificates and checking website reputation, Safe Money verifies the sites' authenticity, and then automatically launches a secure web browser to offer extra protection from online malware. For even more protection, Safe Money also includes a new Secure Keyboard feature, which ensures login information isn't recorded by keylogging software.
- Password Sync: Passwords are a vital way to control the information that makes up a person's identity, making it crucial to ensure the strength and complexity of their passwords. On average, Internet users have at least five password-protected accounts that use various combinations of characters and symbols to securely log in. Multiple passwords are often difficult to remember and keep organised. Kaspersky Lab's online password vault allows users to store all their login information in a single, secure vault, that can be synced across multiple PCs (with PURE 3.0 installed), instead of carrying a list of passwords on a piece of paper, or using the same details for every login.
If users are looking to create the most secure passwords they can, the Kaspersky Password Manager will generate an incredibly sophisticated password so they don't have to, and further save it to the cloud, so memorising it won't be necessary.
- Online Backup: With so many critical documents, photos and information stored on users' computers, it's important to plan for physical loss, damage or theft of PCs. Kaspersky PURE 3.0 now offers an integrated online backup feature, allowing users to automatically back up their files online via a preliminarily created account on Dropbox service. Once the files have been backed up, users will be able to access the files from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Automatic Exploit Prevention: Many of the software programs we use daily can be easily exploited and turned into an effective entry point for cybercriminals. These common programs, such as Adobe Acrobat, Java, and more, may contain vulnerabilities that have not been fixed by the software creator, or by users who absentmindedly click "ignore" when prompted to install software updates. If these vulnerabilities are left unpatched, cybercriminals can use these holes to gain access to their computer. Kaspersky Lab's new Automatic Exploit Prevention technology anticipates and blocks these types of attacks by watching over the programs installed on the PC and monitoring them for abnormal behaviour. If the program tries to perform unusual or unauthorised activities, this technology blocks the potentially malicious action.
- Parental Controls: Parents aren't always aware of what children are doing while they're on the computer, which can be worrisome. With Kaspersky PURE's parental controls, users will know their children are completely protected with Kaspersky Lab's premier security features and filters. Parents can block access to inappropriate websites, set Internet usage time limits, and prevent valuable information from being shared via Facebook and Twitter, such as addresses or credit card numbers. If a child has their own computer, parents can manage and monitor all these Parental Control settings from their own computer via the central management tool.
- Home Network Control. Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security features an improved, easy-to-use centralised security management function for networked home computers. This allows users to check the protection status and update the antivirus database for all the PCs in a home network from just one computer.
Don't just take our word for it
Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security is built on the award-winning foundation of Kaspersky Lab's premium security technology, which consistently outperforms competitor products in rigorous independent industry tests. Products from Kaspersky Lab's line of home-user protection participated in more than 50 independent tests in 2012 and achieved first-place in half of these evaluations. More information on the award results can be found here.
System requirements to install and run Kaspersky PURE 3.0
Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security is compatible with Microsoft Windows 8/Pro/Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit*); Microsoft Windows 7 Starter/Home Basic and Premium/Professional/Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit* Service Pack 1 or higher); Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic and Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit* Service Pack 2 or higher). Microsoft Windows XP Home/Professional (32-bit Service Pack 3 or higher and 64-bit* Service Pack 2 or higher.)
Availability and Pricing
Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security will be available from March 12, 2013. One-year licences can be purchased for £59.99 for a one user license and £89.99 for a three user license.
To learn more about Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security, please visit: http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/store
* Password Manager works with 32-bit applications and browsers
Kaspersky Lab has launched a new online newsroom, Kaspersky Lab Newsroom Europe (http://newsroom.kaspersky.eu/), for journalists throughout Europe. The newsroom is specifically designed to serve many of the media's most common requests, making it easier for journalists to find product and corporate information, facts and figures, editorial copy, images, videos and audio files, as well as details about the appropriate PR contacts.
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world's largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world's top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its 15-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for consumers, SMBs and enterprises. The company currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at http://www.kaspersky.co.uk.
* The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2011. The rating was published in the IDC report "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2012-2016 Forecast and 2011 Vendor Shares (IDC #235930, July 2012). The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2011.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
© 2013 Kaspersky Lab. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for Kaspersky Lab products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Kaspersky Lab shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
i. Data was obtained from Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) in 2012.
ii. According the worldwide survey conducted by O+K Research in May 2012.
iii. According to research from YouGov Plc on behalf of Kaspersky Lab. Total sample size was 2055 and the survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
iv. Data was obtained from Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) in 2012.
1650 Arlington Business Park
RG7 4SA, Reading
Kaspersky Lab UK
Milton Business Park
OX14 4RY, Oxford
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 993
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 22, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,864
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 22, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,688
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 22, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 3,760
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,828
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,294
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,231
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 4,393
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 22, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,692
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,976
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Jan. 22, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,743
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 22, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 4,774
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 22, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 3,027
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 5,017
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 991
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 22, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,984
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 22, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 5,079
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 2,922
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Ca...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 7,934
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 11,778