|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2013 02:32 PM EDT||
ABINGDON, England, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Kaspersky Lab launches PURE 3.0 Total Security to safeguard users' identity, passwords, money and digital assets online
Consumers are leaving themselves open to online fraud, when banking and shopping online. According to research from YouGov on behalf of Kaspersky Lab, less than half (43 per cent) of consumers have insurance to cover their debit or credit cards from illegitimate withdrawals and purchases. The research also reveals that 38 per cent of consumers use the same password for more than one online account, increasing the likelihood of a cybercriminal gaining access to multiple accounts.
Data from Kaspersky Lab[i] shows that more than 5,000 websites are compromised daily, including popular banking and shopping websites. With 77 per cent of computer users regularly shopping online in 2012,[ii] and 86 per cent now using online banking,[iii] it's easy to imagine how many transactions occur daily, and how many credit card numbers are at the fingertips of cybercriminals.
In addition, Kaspersky data[iv] also shows that approximately 70 per cent of phishing emails trick victims into visiting malicious, cleverly-forged websites for the sole purpose of stealing their bank credentials.
To help protect home PC users from these threats, Kaspersky Lab has announced the launch of Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security to safeguard all things stored and exchanged on users' PCs. The new product from Kaspersky boasts an array of features including online banking and shopping security, password management and online backup, all of which can be accessed via an easy-to-use interface with rapid access to key features and management from the main window.
"The Internet has become a key element of our lives today and this has increased the potential 'attack surface' for cybercriminals. As increasing numbers of us bank, shop and socialise online, the number and sophistication of attacks from cybercriminals also rises, therefore we all need to make sure we are taking the necessary precautions to stay protected," says "David Emm, Senior Security Researcher, Kaspersky Lab. "By incorporating award-winning technologies such as Safe Money and Automatic Exploit Prevention into Kaspersky PURE 3.0, we sought to develop a product that not only protects a PC but the digital identity and online assets of its user, whether that be bank details or personal photos."
New and Improved Features of Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security include:
- Safe money: Cybercriminals are after one thing in the end: money. The Internet gives these modern con-artists new ways to steal, so Kaspersky PURE 3.0 includes new ways to stay protected. Using new Safe Money technology, Kaspersky PURE 3.0 verifies that all websites requiring banking, payment, or shopping information are genuine, so users aren't tricked into entering personal information onto a fake website. By using security certificates and checking website reputation, Safe Money verifies the sites' authenticity, and then automatically launches a secure web browser to offer extra protection from online malware. For even more protection, Safe Money also includes a new Secure Keyboard feature, which ensures login information isn't recorded by keylogging software.
- Password Sync: Passwords are a vital way to control the information that makes up a person's identity, making it crucial to ensure the strength and complexity of their passwords. On average, Internet users have at least five password-protected accounts that use various combinations of characters and symbols to securely log in. Multiple passwords are often difficult to remember and keep organised. Kaspersky Lab's online password vault allows users to store all their login information in a single, secure vault, that can be synced across multiple PCs (with PURE 3.0 installed), instead of carrying a list of passwords on a piece of paper, or using the same details for every login.
If users are looking to create the most secure passwords they can, the Kaspersky Password Manager will generate an incredibly sophisticated password so they don't have to, and further save it to the cloud, so memorising it won't be necessary.
- Online Backup: With so many critical documents, photos and information stored on users' computers, it's important to plan for physical loss, damage or theft of PCs. Kaspersky PURE 3.0 now offers an integrated online backup feature, allowing users to automatically back up their files online via a preliminarily created account on Dropbox service. Once the files have been backed up, users will be able to access the files from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Automatic Exploit Prevention: Many of the software programs we use daily can be easily exploited and turned into an effective entry point for cybercriminals. These common programs, such as Adobe Acrobat, Java, and more, may contain vulnerabilities that have not been fixed by the software creator, or by users who absentmindedly click "ignore" when prompted to install software updates. If these vulnerabilities are left unpatched, cybercriminals can use these holes to gain access to their computer. Kaspersky Lab's new Automatic Exploit Prevention technology anticipates and blocks these types of attacks by watching over the programs installed on the PC and monitoring them for abnormal behaviour. If the program tries to perform unusual or unauthorised activities, this technology blocks the potentially malicious action.
- Parental Controls: Parents aren't always aware of what children are doing while they're on the computer, which can be worrisome. With Kaspersky PURE's parental controls, users will know their children are completely protected with Kaspersky Lab's premier security features and filters. Parents can block access to inappropriate websites, set Internet usage time limits, and prevent valuable information from being shared via Facebook and Twitter, such as addresses or credit card numbers. If a child has their own computer, parents can manage and monitor all these Parental Control settings from their own computer via the central management tool.
- Home Network Control. Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security features an improved, easy-to-use centralised security management function for networked home computers. This allows users to check the protection status and update the antivirus database for all the PCs in a home network from just one computer.
Don't just take our word for it
Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security is built on the award-winning foundation of Kaspersky Lab's premium security technology, which consistently outperforms competitor products in rigorous independent industry tests. Products from Kaspersky Lab's line of home-user protection participated in more than 50 independent tests in 2012 and achieved first-place in half of these evaluations. More information on the award results can be found here.
System requirements to install and run Kaspersky PURE 3.0
Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security is compatible with Microsoft Windows 8/Pro/Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit*); Microsoft Windows 7 Starter/Home Basic and Premium/Professional/Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit* Service Pack 1 or higher); Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic and Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit* Service Pack 2 or higher). Microsoft Windows XP Home/Professional (32-bit Service Pack 3 or higher and 64-bit* Service Pack 2 or higher.)
Availability and Pricing
Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security will be available from March 12, 2013. One-year licences can be purchased for £59.99 for a one user license and £89.99 for a three user license.
To learn more about Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security, please visit: http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/store
* Password Manager works with 32-bit applications and browsers
Kaspersky Lab has launched a new online newsroom, Kaspersky Lab Newsroom Europe (http://newsroom.kaspersky.eu/), for journalists throughout Europe. The newsroom is specifically designed to serve many of the media's most common requests, making it easier for journalists to find product and corporate information, facts and figures, editorial copy, images, videos and audio files, as well as details about the appropriate PR contacts.
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world's largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world's top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its 15-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for consumers, SMBs and enterprises. The company currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at http://www.kaspersky.co.uk.
* The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2011. The rating was published in the IDC report "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2012-2016 Forecast and 2011 Vendor Shares (IDC #235930, July 2012). The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2011.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
© 2013 Kaspersky Lab. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for Kaspersky Lab products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Kaspersky Lab shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
i. Data was obtained from Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) in 2012.
ii. According the worldwide survey conducted by O+K Research in May 2012.
iii. According to research from YouGov Plc on behalf of Kaspersky Lab. Total sample size was 2055 and the survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
iv. Data was obtained from Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) in 2012.
1650 Arlington Business Park
RG7 4SA, Reading
Kaspersky Lab UK
Milton Business Park
OX14 4RY, Oxford
SOURCE Kaspersky Lab
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,095
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,687
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,515
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 7,635
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 5,747
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 18, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,151
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,201
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,891
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,601
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 18, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 4,808
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,699
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,600
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 423
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,620
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,114
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 18, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,559
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 4,242
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 5,778
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,970
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 18, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 3,128