|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2013 10:08 AM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/13 -- COLLABORATE 13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- PL Developments is using the Oracle E-Business Suite to support growth and streamline operations for its rapidly growing manufacturing business.
- A U.S. based manufacturing, packaging and distribution company for private label, over-the-counter drugs, PL Developments (PLD) had grown swiftly though acquisitions, adding new manufacturing facilities to meet demand from major U.S. retailers.
- To maintain exceptional customer service, properly manage inventory levels and drive business growth without straining resources, PLD needed a modern business platform that would automate its complex operations.
- PLD evaluated solutions from Oracle and SAP, selecting the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 because the tightly integrated platform would support its complete business needs, with best-in-class solutions for financials, manufacturing, value chain planning and HR.
- PLD's implementation partner, and Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Platinum level member KPIT, utilized Oracle Business Accelerators, which are powerful, easy-to-use, cloud-based rapid implementation tools developed by Oracle to get customers up and running on a wide range of Oracle Applications, both quickly and reliably.
- With the help of these tools PLD was able to complete an on-time, under-budget implementation of Oracle E-Business Suite Applications, including Oracle Warehouse Management and Oracle's Demantra. In addition, the company implemented Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Hyperion, Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management, Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management, Oracle Customer Relationship Management, Oracle Projects and Oracle Learning Management.
- PLD also utilizes Oracle Linux, Oracle Database 11g, and Oracle Middleware.
- Replacing its disparate, redundant legacy systems with Oracle has helped PLD to grow rapidly without increasing its operations headcount.
- By standardizing its inventory management on a single platform, PLD benefits from greater inventory accuracy and improved forecasting, allowing the company to eliminate time-consuming inventory audits and speed the distribution cycle for customers.
- Since implementing Oracle Business Intelligence, PLD now has a comprehensive view of all customer orders, production schedules and inventory levels that are easily viewable on LED screens throughout its manufacturing facility, providing actionable information for staff members to adjust activities in real-time to meet demand.
- Additionally, with robust quality management and learning management solutions to track compliance for product packaging and completion of mandatory training programs, Oracle software helps PLD comply with stringent FDA requirements for the pharmaceutical industry.
- KPIT, a global IT consulting and product engineering partner, is focused on co-innovating domain intensive technology solutions for corporations specializing in automotive & transportation, manufacturing and energy & utilities. KPIT currently partners with 165+ global corporations including Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), high-tech manufacturers, oil & gas manufacturers and automotive Tier 1 companies.
- "Over the past three years, we have achieved tremendous growth, yet to continue delivering the highest levels of service and product quality, we needed to standardize our operations on a single enterprise system," said Thomas Crowe, CIO, PL Developments. "With its commitment to offering integrated, best-in-class applications that support our diverse manufacturing business, Oracle helps PL Developments maximize our resources and perform more strategically. Plus, KPIT provided us with extensive understanding of our industry and technology expertise which enabled a rapid implementation."
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Supply Chain Management
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Oracle Hyperion
- Oracle for Midsize Companies
- Oracle Accelerate for Midsize Companies
- Oracle Business Accelerators
- Oracle Midsize Customer Success Stories
- PL Developments
About Oracle Accelerate
Oracle Accelerate provides simple to deploy, packaged, enterprise-class software solutions to growing midsize organizations through Oracle's network of expert partners. Created by Oracle's expert partners, Oracle Accelerate solutions are simple to deploy, industry-specific packaged solutions, designed for fast time to benefit, which means getting the right solution in place quickly, inexpensively and with a controlled scope and predictable returns. The best Oracle Accelerate Solutions are based on Oracle Business Accelerators, which are powerful, cloud-based rapid implementation tools developed and maintained by Oracle to get you up and running on a wide range of Oracle Applications, both quickly and reliably. Oracle has more than 290,000 midsize customers who buy Oracle to grow. To find out more, visit www.oracle.com/accelerate.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Jan. 24, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,865
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 24, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 3,067
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 24, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 4,826
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 5,088
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 24, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,009
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 24, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 3,925
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 24, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,704
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 4,283
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 6,723
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,645
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,968
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 2,394
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 6,453
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 5,140
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 4,792
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Ca...
Jan. 24, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 7,990
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 23, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 3,292
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 23, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,272
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 23, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 3,782
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 23, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,818