|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2013 10:08 AM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/13 -- COLLABORATE 13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- PL Developments is using the Oracle E-Business Suite to support growth and streamline operations for its rapidly growing manufacturing business.
- A U.S. based manufacturing, packaging and distribution company for private label, over-the-counter drugs, PL Developments (PLD) had grown swiftly though acquisitions, adding new manufacturing facilities to meet demand from major U.S. retailers.
- To maintain exceptional customer service, properly manage inventory levels and drive business growth without straining resources, PLD needed a modern business platform that would automate its complex operations.
- PLD evaluated solutions from Oracle and SAP, selecting the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 because the tightly integrated platform would support its complete business needs, with best-in-class solutions for financials, manufacturing, value chain planning and HR.
- PLD's implementation partner, and Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Platinum level member KPIT, utilized Oracle Business Accelerators, which are powerful, easy-to-use, cloud-based rapid implementation tools developed by Oracle to get customers up and running on a wide range of Oracle Applications, both quickly and reliably.
- With the help of these tools PLD was able to complete an on-time, under-budget implementation of Oracle E-Business Suite Applications, including Oracle Warehouse Management and Oracle's Demantra. In addition, the company implemented Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Hyperion, Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management, Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management, Oracle Customer Relationship Management, Oracle Projects and Oracle Learning Management.
- PLD also utilizes Oracle Linux, Oracle Database 11g, and Oracle Middleware.
- Replacing its disparate, redundant legacy systems with Oracle has helped PLD to grow rapidly without increasing its operations headcount.
- By standardizing its inventory management on a single platform, PLD benefits from greater inventory accuracy and improved forecasting, allowing the company to eliminate time-consuming inventory audits and speed the distribution cycle for customers.
- Since implementing Oracle Business Intelligence, PLD now has a comprehensive view of all customer orders, production schedules and inventory levels that are easily viewable on LED screens throughout its manufacturing facility, providing actionable information for staff members to adjust activities in real-time to meet demand.
- Additionally, with robust quality management and learning management solutions to track compliance for product packaging and completion of mandatory training programs, Oracle software helps PLD comply with stringent FDA requirements for the pharmaceutical industry.
- KPIT, a global IT consulting and product engineering partner, is focused on co-innovating domain intensive technology solutions for corporations specializing in automotive & transportation, manufacturing and energy & utilities. KPIT currently partners with 165+ global corporations including Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), high-tech manufacturers, oil & gas manufacturers and automotive Tier 1 companies.
- "Over the past three years, we have achieved tremendous growth, yet to continue delivering the highest levels of service and product quality, we needed to standardize our operations on a single enterprise system," said Thomas Crowe, CIO, PL Developments. "With its commitment to offering integrated, best-in-class applications that support our diverse manufacturing business, Oracle helps PL Developments maximize our resources and perform more strategically. Plus, KPIT provided us with extensive understanding of our industry and technology expertise which enabled a rapid implementation."
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Supply Chain Management
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Oracle Hyperion
- Oracle for Midsize Companies
- Oracle Accelerate for Midsize Companies
- Oracle Business Accelerators
- Oracle Midsize Customer Success Stories
- PL Developments
About Oracle Accelerate
Oracle Accelerate provides simple to deploy, packaged, enterprise-class software solutions to growing midsize organizations through Oracle's network of expert partners. Created by Oracle's expert partners, Oracle Accelerate solutions are simple to deploy, industry-specific packaged solutions, designed for fast time to benefit, which means getting the right solution in place quickly, inexpensively and with a controlled scope and predictable returns. The best Oracle Accelerate Solutions are based on Oracle Business Accelerators, which are powerful, cloud-based rapid implementation tools developed and maintained by Oracle to get you up and running on a wide range of Oracle Applications, both quickly and reliably. Oracle has more than 290,000 midsize customers who buy Oracle to grow. To find out more, visit www.oracle.com/accelerate.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,532
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 880
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,663
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 995
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 738
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,183
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 793
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,865
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,881
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,022
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,305
Much of IT terminology is often misused and misapplied. Modernization and transformation are two such terms. They are often used interchangeably even though they mean different things and have very different connotations. Indeed, it is somewhat safe to assume that in IT any transformative effort is likely to also have a modernizing effect, and thus, we can see these as levels of improvement efforts. However, many businesses are being led to believe if they don’t transform now they risk becoming ...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,103
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,790
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,074
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 905
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,066
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,472
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,190
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,823