|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2013 10:08 AM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/13 -- COLLABORATE 13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- PL Developments is using the Oracle E-Business Suite to support growth and streamline operations for its rapidly growing manufacturing business.
- A U.S. based manufacturing, packaging and distribution company for private label, over-the-counter drugs, PL Developments (PLD) had grown swiftly though acquisitions, adding new manufacturing facilities to meet demand from major U.S. retailers.
- To maintain exceptional customer service, properly manage inventory levels and drive business growth without straining resources, PLD needed a modern business platform that would automate its complex operations.
- PLD evaluated solutions from Oracle and SAP, selecting the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 because the tightly integrated platform would support its complete business needs, with best-in-class solutions for financials, manufacturing, value chain planning and HR.
- PLD's implementation partner, and Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Platinum level member KPIT, utilized Oracle Business Accelerators, which are powerful, easy-to-use, cloud-based rapid implementation tools developed by Oracle to get customers up and running on a wide range of Oracle Applications, both quickly and reliably.
- With the help of these tools PLD was able to complete an on-time, under-budget implementation of Oracle E-Business Suite Applications, including Oracle Warehouse Management and Oracle's Demantra. In addition, the company implemented Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Hyperion, Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management, Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management, Oracle Customer Relationship Management, Oracle Projects and Oracle Learning Management.
- PLD also utilizes Oracle Linux, Oracle Database 11g, and Oracle Middleware.
- Replacing its disparate, redundant legacy systems with Oracle has helped PLD to grow rapidly without increasing its operations headcount.
- By standardizing its inventory management on a single platform, PLD benefits from greater inventory accuracy and improved forecasting, allowing the company to eliminate time-consuming inventory audits and speed the distribution cycle for customers.
- Since implementing Oracle Business Intelligence, PLD now has a comprehensive view of all customer orders, production schedules and inventory levels that are easily viewable on LED screens throughout its manufacturing facility, providing actionable information for staff members to adjust activities in real-time to meet demand.
- Additionally, with robust quality management and learning management solutions to track compliance for product packaging and completion of mandatory training programs, Oracle software helps PLD comply with stringent FDA requirements for the pharmaceutical industry.
- KPIT, a global IT consulting and product engineering partner, is focused on co-innovating domain intensive technology solutions for corporations specializing in automotive & transportation, manufacturing and energy & utilities. KPIT currently partners with 165+ global corporations including Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), high-tech manufacturers, oil & gas manufacturers and automotive Tier 1 companies.
- "Over the past three years, we have achieved tremendous growth, yet to continue delivering the highest levels of service and product quality, we needed to standardize our operations on a single enterprise system," said Thomas Crowe, CIO, PL Developments. "With its commitment to offering integrated, best-in-class applications that support our diverse manufacturing business, Oracle helps PL Developments maximize our resources and perform more strategically. Plus, KPIT provided us with extensive understanding of our industry and technology expertise which enabled a rapid implementation."
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Supply Chain Management
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Oracle Hyperion
- Oracle for Midsize Companies
- Oracle Accelerate for Midsize Companies
- Oracle Business Accelerators
- Oracle Midsize Customer Success Stories
- PL Developments
About Oracle Accelerate
Oracle Accelerate provides simple to deploy, packaged, enterprise-class software solutions to growing midsize organizations through Oracle's network of expert partners. Created by Oracle's expert partners, Oracle Accelerate solutions are simple to deploy, industry-specific packaged solutions, designed for fast time to benefit, which means getting the right solution in place quickly, inexpensively and with a controlled scope and predictable returns. The best Oracle Accelerate Solutions are based on Oracle Business Accelerators, which are powerful, cloud-based rapid implementation tools developed and maintained by Oracle to get you up and running on a wide range of Oracle Applications, both quickly and reliably. Oracle has more than 290,000 midsize customers who buy Oracle to grow. To find out more, visit www.oracle.com/accelerate.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
May. 22, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,572
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner is Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., will discuss the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conduct a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply...
May. 22, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,711
Container frameworks, such as Docker, provide a variety of benefits, including density of deployment across infrastructure, convenience for application developers to push updates with low operational hand-holding, and a fairly well-defined deployment workflow that can be orchestrated. Container frameworks also enable a DevOps approach to application development by cleanly separating concerns between operations and development teams. But running multi-container, multi-server apps with containers is very hard. You have to learn five new and different technologies and best practices (libswarm, sy...
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,931
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data retrieval. They can easily adapt to new data sets and provide access to both structured and unstruc...
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,739
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, will discuss IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sector...
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,982
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 22, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,521
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 22, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,200
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize supplier management. Learn about enterprise architecture strategies for designing connected systems tha...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,857
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,931
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,028
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,830
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,721
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 22, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,320
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,513
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
May. 22, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,194
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use cases.
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,846
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Sick, a Senior Manager and Big Data Architect within Ernst and Young's Financial Servi...
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,714
The recent trends like cloud computing, social, mobile and Internet of Things are forcing enterprises to modernize in order to compete in the competitive globalized markets. However, enterprises are approaching newer technologies with a more silo-ed way, gaining only sub optimal benefits. The Modern Enterprise model is presented as a newer way to think of enterprise IT, which takes a more holistic approach to embracing modern technologies.
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,954
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
May. 22, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,391
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
May. 22, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,331