|By Marketwired .||
|October 17, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/17/13 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's data-driven business environment, organizations need to cost-effectively manage the ever-growing streams of information originating both inside and outside the firewall and address emerging deployment styles like cloud, big data analytics, and real-time replication. To help customers succeed, Oracle is enhancing its data integration offering with Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c. These flexible and comprehensive solutions help customers capitalize on their data to reduce costs and drive business growth.
- Further enhancing its industry-leading data integration portfolio, Oracle announced Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c.
- The products help improve performance, increase productivity, and simplify deployment, while providing organizations with solutions that can easily keep pace with new data-oriented technology trends, like cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time business intelligence, and continuous data availability.
- Tight integration between Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c and other Oracle technologies, such as Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Applications, provides a number of benefits for organizations, including:
- Tight integration between Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c enables developers to leverage Oracle GoldenGate's low overhead, real-time change data capture completely within the Oracle Data Integrator Studio without additional training.
- Tight integration with Oracle Database 12c provides a strong foundation for seamless private cloud deployments.
- Tight integration with Oracle Applications, such as Oracle E-Business Suite and ATG Web Commerce, delivers real-time data for reporting, zero downtime migration, and improved performance and availability for Oracle Applications.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c are part of Oracle's comprehensive data integration offering which includes data services, data federation, metadata management, data quality, bulk data movement, and real-time replication.
- Oracle's data integration offering is optimized for Oracle Engineered Systems and is an integral part of Oracle's fast data, real-time analytics strategy on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
Expanding the Industry-Leading Data Integration Portfolio
- Oracle Data Integrator is a comprehensive data integration platform that covers all data integration requirements from high-volume, high-performance bulk loads to SOA-enabled data services.
- With the new capabilities in Oracle Data Integrator 12c, customers can benefit from:
- Superior developer productivity, ease of use, and rapid time-to-market with the new flow-based mapping model, reusable mappings, and step-by-step debugger.
- Increased performance when executing data integration processes due to improved parallelism.
- Improved productivity and monitoring via tighter integration with Oracle GoldenGate 12c and Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Improved interoperability with Oracle Warehouse Builder which enables faster and easier migration to Oracle Data Integrator's strategic data integration offering.
- Faster implementation of business analytics through Oracle Data Integrator pre-integrated with Oracle BI Applications' latest release. Oracle Data Integrator also integrates simply and easily with Oracle Business Analytics tools, including OBI-EE and Oracle Hyperion.
- Support for loading and transforming big and fast data, enabled by integration with big data technologies: Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, and Oracle Big Data Appliance.
- Only Oracle GoldenGate provides the best-of-breed real-time replication of data in heterogeneous data environments.
- With the new capabilities in Oracle GoldenGate 12c, customers can benefit from:
- Simplified product deployment and seamless transition to private cloud environments via tight integration with Oracle Database 12c and support for its multi-tenant architecture.
- More than 2x better performance and simplified configuration when Oracle is the replication target using the new Integrated Delivery feature.
- Simplified setup and management of Oracle GoldenGate 12c when using multiple database delivery processes via a new Coordinated Delivery feature for non-Oracle databases.
- Expanded heterogeneity through added support for the latest versions of major databases such as Sybase ASE v 15.7, MySQL NDB Clusters 7.2, and MySQL 5.6, as well as integration with Oracle Coherence.
- Enhanced high availability and data protection via integration with Oracle Data Guard and Fast-Start Failover integration.
- Enhanced security for credentials and encryption keys using Oracle Wallet.
- Real-time replication for databases hosted on public cloud environments supported by third-party clouds.
- "The management and utilization of data is becoming increasingly complex, as the number and diversity of data sources organizations interact with continues to grow," said Brad Adelberg, vice president of development, Oracle. "With Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c, Oracle is in a unique position to help drive standardization across enterprises using our new products for not only traditional uses of ETL and Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing, but also for new and emerging styles of integration like real-time replication, data services and federation, big data and business analytics and cloud deployments."
- "Oracle GoldenGate 12c's new Integrated Delivery mode for Oracle Database auto-tunes the parallelism and computes dependencies between transactions automatically, which allows end users to easily configure the product with a single delivery process," said Eva Dafonte Perez, Deputy Head for the Database Group, CERN. "This advanced replication, tested with an LHC application workload in the context of the CERN openlab collaboration with Oracle, performs five times faster compared to previous GoldenGate version and simplifies the management of a multi-tier replication environment."
- "Customers are demanding more agility and real-time currency from data warehousing," said Tony Baer, Principal Analyst with Ovum. "The new flow-based data mapping enhancements to Oracle Data Integration 12c will make development of ETL schemes far more efficient, while performance upgrades to Oracle GoldenGate 12c will keep Oracle data warehouses current in near real-time. These enhancements are important for customers who need to keep their analytics current."
- "With Oracle's end-to-end solution -- Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Exadata and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition -- we were able to develop a near real-time, client-facing reporting database that provides our clients with a one-stop shop for their payroll and HR reports with timely data," said Paul Stracke, systems development manager for Paychex. "The simple integration between Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate has resulted in high productivity and superior performance, and the products' ability to run locally on Oracle Exadata has also enabled a seamless and powerful environment."
- "Oracle Data Integrator 12c delivers faster and more efficient data integration processes, increased developer productivity, and end-to-end integrated, flexible solutions to help organizations turn their data into real value," said Mark Rittman, CTO, Rittman Mead Consulting. "We believe the new 12c release greatly advances Oracle's leadership in the data integration market space."
- Oracle Data Integration
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c Data Sheet
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Data Sheet
- Watch the Oracle Data Integration 12c Webcast
- Join the Oracle Data Integration online communities: Blogs, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 152
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 590
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 224
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 184
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 165
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 192
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 392
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 9, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 370
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 403
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 9, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 428
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 9, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 368
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 9, 2016 07:45 AM EST
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 9, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 179
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) extended its Internet of Things technology platform with performance enhancements to Gen5 – its fifth generation critical infrastructure networking platform. Already delivering nearly 23 million devices on five continents as one of the leading networking providers in the market, Silver Spring announced it is doubling the maximum speed of its Gen5 network to up to 2.4 Mbps, increasing computational performance by 10x, supporting simultaneous mesh communic...
Feb. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 747
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 807
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 873
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 961