|By Marketwired .||
|October 17, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/17/13 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's data-driven business environment, organizations need to cost-effectively manage the ever-growing streams of information originating both inside and outside the firewall and address emerging deployment styles like cloud, big data analytics, and real-time replication. To help customers succeed, Oracle is enhancing its data integration offering with Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c. These flexible and comprehensive solutions help customers capitalize on their data to reduce costs and drive business growth.
- Further enhancing its industry-leading data integration portfolio, Oracle announced Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c.
- The products help improve performance, increase productivity, and simplify deployment, while providing organizations with solutions that can easily keep pace with new data-oriented technology trends, like cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time business intelligence, and continuous data availability.
- Tight integration between Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c and other Oracle technologies, such as Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Applications, provides a number of benefits for organizations, including:
- Tight integration between Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c enables developers to leverage Oracle GoldenGate's low overhead, real-time change data capture completely within the Oracle Data Integrator Studio without additional training.
- Tight integration with Oracle Database 12c provides a strong foundation for seamless private cloud deployments.
- Tight integration with Oracle Applications, such as Oracle E-Business Suite and ATG Web Commerce, delivers real-time data for reporting, zero downtime migration, and improved performance and availability for Oracle Applications.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c are part of Oracle's comprehensive data integration offering which includes data services, data federation, metadata management, data quality, bulk data movement, and real-time replication.
- Oracle's data integration offering is optimized for Oracle Engineered Systems and is an integral part of Oracle's fast data, real-time analytics strategy on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
Expanding the Industry-Leading Data Integration Portfolio
- Oracle Data Integrator is a comprehensive data integration platform that covers all data integration requirements from high-volume, high-performance bulk loads to SOA-enabled data services.
- With the new capabilities in Oracle Data Integrator 12c, customers can benefit from:
- Superior developer productivity, ease of use, and rapid time-to-market with the new flow-based mapping model, reusable mappings, and step-by-step debugger.
- Increased performance when executing data integration processes due to improved parallelism.
- Improved productivity and monitoring via tighter integration with Oracle GoldenGate 12c and Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Improved interoperability with Oracle Warehouse Builder which enables faster and easier migration to Oracle Data Integrator's strategic data integration offering.
- Faster implementation of business analytics through Oracle Data Integrator pre-integrated with Oracle BI Applications' latest release. Oracle Data Integrator also integrates simply and easily with Oracle Business Analytics tools, including OBI-EE and Oracle Hyperion.
- Support for loading and transforming big and fast data, enabled by integration with big data technologies: Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, and Oracle Big Data Appliance.
- Only Oracle GoldenGate provides the best-of-breed real-time replication of data in heterogeneous data environments.
- With the new capabilities in Oracle GoldenGate 12c, customers can benefit from:
- Simplified product deployment and seamless transition to private cloud environments via tight integration with Oracle Database 12c and support for its multi-tenant architecture.
- More than 2x better performance and simplified configuration when Oracle is the replication target using the new Integrated Delivery feature.
- Simplified setup and management of Oracle GoldenGate 12c when using multiple database delivery processes via a new Coordinated Delivery feature for non-Oracle databases.
- Expanded heterogeneity through added support for the latest versions of major databases such as Sybase ASE v 15.7, MySQL NDB Clusters 7.2, and MySQL 5.6, as well as integration with Oracle Coherence.
- Enhanced high availability and data protection via integration with Oracle Data Guard and Fast-Start Failover integration.
- Enhanced security for credentials and encryption keys using Oracle Wallet.
- Real-time replication for databases hosted on public cloud environments supported by third-party clouds.
- "The management and utilization of data is becoming increasingly complex, as the number and diversity of data sources organizations interact with continues to grow," said Brad Adelberg, vice president of development, Oracle. "With Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c, Oracle is in a unique position to help drive standardization across enterprises using our new products for not only traditional uses of ETL and Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing, but also for new and emerging styles of integration like real-time replication, data services and federation, big data and business analytics and cloud deployments."
- "Oracle GoldenGate 12c's new Integrated Delivery mode for Oracle Database auto-tunes the parallelism and computes dependencies between transactions automatically, which allows end users to easily configure the product with a single delivery process," said Eva Dafonte Perez, Deputy Head for the Database Group, CERN. "This advanced replication, tested with an LHC application workload in the context of the CERN openlab collaboration with Oracle, performs five times faster compared to previous GoldenGate version and simplifies the management of a multi-tier replication environment."
- "Customers are demanding more agility and real-time currency from data warehousing," said Tony Baer, Principal Analyst with Ovum. "The new flow-based data mapping enhancements to Oracle Data Integration 12c will make development of ETL schemes far more efficient, while performance upgrades to Oracle GoldenGate 12c will keep Oracle data warehouses current in near real-time. These enhancements are important for customers who need to keep their analytics current."
- "With Oracle's end-to-end solution -- Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Exadata and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition -- we were able to develop a near real-time, client-facing reporting database that provides our clients with a one-stop shop for their payroll and HR reports with timely data," said Paul Stracke, systems development manager for Paychex. "The simple integration between Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate has resulted in high productivity and superior performance, and the products' ability to run locally on Oracle Exadata has also enabled a seamless and powerful environment."
- "Oracle Data Integrator 12c delivers faster and more efficient data integration processes, increased developer productivity, and end-to-end integrated, flexible solutions to help organizations turn their data into real value," said Mark Rittman, CTO, Rittman Mead Consulting. "We believe the new 12c release greatly advances Oracle's leadership in the data integration market space."
- Oracle Data Integration
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c Data Sheet
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Data Sheet
- Watch the Oracle Data Integration 12c Webcast
- Join the Oracle Data Integration online communities: Blogs, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Luxoft Holding, Inc., a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Luxoft’s software development services consist of core and mission-critical custom software development and support, product engineering and testing, and technology consulting.
Oct. 7, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 507
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 7, 2015 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 121
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 6, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 659
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief Architect at CTS, will explore the synergy of Big Data and IoT. First he will take a closer look at the Internet of Things and Big Data individually, in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. Then he will explore the relationship between IoT and Big Data. Specifically, he will drill down to how the 4Vs aspects intersect with IoT: Volume, Variety, Velocity and Value. In turn, Tony will analyze how the key components of IoT influence Big Data: Device, Connectivity, Context, and Intelligence. He will dive deep to the matrix...
Oct. 6, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 314
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Building actually breathes - immediately flagging overheating in a closet or over cooling in unoccupied ho...
Oct. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 257
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:40 PM EDT Reads: 113
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 234
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect and correlate data from control systems, sensors, mobile devices and IT systems for a variety of Ind...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 583
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 743
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 462
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 589
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 445
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 456
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 188
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 738
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Oct. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 574
The enterprise is being consumerized, and the consumer is being enterprised. Moore's Law does not matter anymore, the future belongs to business virtualization powered by invisible service architecture, powered by hyperscale and hyperconvergence, and facilitated by vertical streaming and horizontal scaling and consolidation. Both buyers and sellers want instant results, and from paperwork to paperless to mindless is the ultimate goal for any seamless transaction. The sweetest sweet spot in innovation is automation. The most painful pain point for any business is the mismatch between supplies a...
Oct. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 145
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 445
As enterprises capture more and more data of all types – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured – data discovery requirements for business intelligence (BI), Big Data, and predictive analytics initiatives grow more complex. A company’s ability to become data-driven and compete on analytics depends on the speed with which it can provision their analytics applications with all relevant information. The task of finding data has traditionally resided with IT, but now organizations increasingly turn towards data source discovery tools to find the right data, in context, for business users, d...
Oct. 5, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 382
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 150 developers, designers, quality assurance engineers, project manage...
Oct. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 742