|By Marketwired .||
|October 17, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/17/13 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's data-driven business environment, organizations need to cost-effectively manage the ever-growing streams of information originating both inside and outside the firewall and address emerging deployment styles like cloud, big data analytics, and real-time replication. To help customers succeed, Oracle is enhancing its data integration offering with Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c. These flexible and comprehensive solutions help customers capitalize on their data to reduce costs and drive business growth.
- Further enhancing its industry-leading data integration portfolio, Oracle announced Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c.
- The products help improve performance, increase productivity, and simplify deployment, while providing organizations with solutions that can easily keep pace with new data-oriented technology trends, like cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time business intelligence, and continuous data availability.
- Tight integration between Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c and other Oracle technologies, such as Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Applications, provides a number of benefits for organizations, including:
- Tight integration between Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c enables developers to leverage Oracle GoldenGate's low overhead, real-time change data capture completely within the Oracle Data Integrator Studio without additional training.
- Tight integration with Oracle Database 12c provides a strong foundation for seamless private cloud deployments.
- Tight integration with Oracle Applications, such as Oracle E-Business Suite and ATG Web Commerce, delivers real-time data for reporting, zero downtime migration, and improved performance and availability for Oracle Applications.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c are part of Oracle's comprehensive data integration offering which includes data services, data federation, metadata management, data quality, bulk data movement, and real-time replication.
- Oracle's data integration offering is optimized for Oracle Engineered Systems and is an integral part of Oracle's fast data, real-time analytics strategy on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
Expanding the Industry-Leading Data Integration Portfolio
- Oracle Data Integrator is a comprehensive data integration platform that covers all data integration requirements from high-volume, high-performance bulk loads to SOA-enabled data services.
- With the new capabilities in Oracle Data Integrator 12c, customers can benefit from:
- Superior developer productivity, ease of use, and rapid time-to-market with the new flow-based mapping model, reusable mappings, and step-by-step debugger.
- Increased performance when executing data integration processes due to improved parallelism.
- Improved productivity and monitoring via tighter integration with Oracle GoldenGate 12c and Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Improved interoperability with Oracle Warehouse Builder which enables faster and easier migration to Oracle Data Integrator's strategic data integration offering.
- Faster implementation of business analytics through Oracle Data Integrator pre-integrated with Oracle BI Applications' latest release. Oracle Data Integrator also integrates simply and easily with Oracle Business Analytics tools, including OBI-EE and Oracle Hyperion.
- Support for loading and transforming big and fast data, enabled by integration with big data technologies: Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, and Oracle Big Data Appliance.
- Only Oracle GoldenGate provides the best-of-breed real-time replication of data in heterogeneous data environments.
- With the new capabilities in Oracle GoldenGate 12c, customers can benefit from:
- Simplified product deployment and seamless transition to private cloud environments via tight integration with Oracle Database 12c and support for its multi-tenant architecture.
- More than 2x better performance and simplified configuration when Oracle is the replication target using the new Integrated Delivery feature.
- Simplified setup and management of Oracle GoldenGate 12c when using multiple database delivery processes via a new Coordinated Delivery feature for non-Oracle databases.
- Expanded heterogeneity through added support for the latest versions of major databases such as Sybase ASE v 15.7, MySQL NDB Clusters 7.2, and MySQL 5.6, as well as integration with Oracle Coherence.
- Enhanced high availability and data protection via integration with Oracle Data Guard and Fast-Start Failover integration.
- Enhanced security for credentials and encryption keys using Oracle Wallet.
- Real-time replication for databases hosted on public cloud environments supported by third-party clouds.
- "The management and utilization of data is becoming increasingly complex, as the number and diversity of data sources organizations interact with continues to grow," said Brad Adelberg, vice president of development, Oracle. "With Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c, Oracle is in a unique position to help drive standardization across enterprises using our new products for not only traditional uses of ETL and Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing, but also for new and emerging styles of integration like real-time replication, data services and federation, big data and business analytics and cloud deployments."
- "Oracle GoldenGate 12c's new Integrated Delivery mode for Oracle Database auto-tunes the parallelism and computes dependencies between transactions automatically, which allows end users to easily configure the product with a single delivery process," said Eva Dafonte Perez, Deputy Head for the Database Group, CERN. "This advanced replication, tested with an LHC application workload in the context of the CERN openlab collaboration with Oracle, performs five times faster compared to previous GoldenGate version and simplifies the management of a multi-tier replication environment."
- "Customers are demanding more agility and real-time currency from data warehousing," said Tony Baer, Principal Analyst with Ovum. "The new flow-based data mapping enhancements to Oracle Data Integration 12c will make development of ETL schemes far more efficient, while performance upgrades to Oracle GoldenGate 12c will keep Oracle data warehouses current in near real-time. These enhancements are important for customers who need to keep their analytics current."
- "With Oracle's end-to-end solution -- Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Exadata and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition -- we were able to develop a near real-time, client-facing reporting database that provides our clients with a one-stop shop for their payroll and HR reports with timely data," said Paul Stracke, systems development manager for Paychex. "The simple integration between Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate has resulted in high productivity and superior performance, and the products' ability to run locally on Oracle Exadata has also enabled a seamless and powerful environment."
- "Oracle Data Integrator 12c delivers faster and more efficient data integration processes, increased developer productivity, and end-to-end integrated, flexible solutions to help organizations turn their data into real value," said Mark Rittman, CTO, Rittman Mead Consulting. "We believe the new 12c release greatly advances Oracle's leadership in the data integration market space."
- Oracle Data Integration
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c Data Sheet
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Data Sheet
- Watch the Oracle Data Integration 12c Webcast
- Join the Oracle Data Integration online communities: Blogs, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,369
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,184
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,251
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 4, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,411
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,275
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 4, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,393
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 4, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 415
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 4, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,326
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 643
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 4, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,348
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 4, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,440
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 929
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 636
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 4, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 568
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,256
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 4, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,532
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 4, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,022
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,286
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,208
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,628