|By Marketwired .||
|October 21, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/21/13 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To help transform their HR organization to one focused on attracting, retaining and cultivating the best faculty and associates, American Career College and West Coast University (ACC/WCU) needed to eliminate manual, paper-based HR processes. It selected Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud and migrated their functions to the next-generation HR platform, enabling it to save money, time and refocus its HR organization. ACC/WCU credits a disciplined and realistic approach to its successful move from legacy processes and solutions to modern, cloud HR.
- American Career College and West Coast University (ACC/WCU), private higher educational institutions focused on cultivating healthcare professionals, are using Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud, part of Oracle Cloud.
- ACC/WCU long and rich history as premier educational institutions offering the full lifecycle of training and education for nurses and other healthcare professionals. Their top priority is to provide unparalleled service, educational experience that transforms students' lives and creates the best healthcare professionals in the industry.
- With more than 1,500 employees in 10 locations across three states and eyeing other expansions, ACC/WCU decided that its rapid growth necessitated an upgrade to their HR applications to reduce heavy paper-based HR management, save time and expenses, to create an integrated next-generation system with data integrity across applications, and to improve user confidence.
- More importantly, ACC/WCU wanted to shift the focus of their HR organization from a manual, transaction-based team to one that is able to focus on talent management, attracting, retaining and cultivating a faculty that is dedicated to providing an outstanding experience to its students.
Keys to Transforming an HR Organization
- By migrating their core HR and benefits functions from legacy applications and paper-based systems to Oracle Global HR Cloud, ACC/WCU has successfully automated HR processes so they can spend more time growing the faculty, nurturing talent and empowering users with more self-service applications.
- After evaluating the benefits of multiple cloud-based HCM solutions, ACC/WCU selected Oracle HCM Cloud, including Oracle Global Human Resources (HR) Cloud and Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, based on Oracle's vision for Oracle HCM Cloud and its dedication to investing in R&D.
- The higher education institution went live in December 2012 after a short, 17-week deployment by an implementation team of just seven. As part of the deployment, ACC/WCU integrated Oracle Global HR Cloud and Oracle Talent Management Cloud for a unified HCM platform.
- ACC/WCU believes that its deployment and integration was successful because it followed several important principles :
- Establish meaningful relationships with Oracle, its system integrator, and its users from the beginning by engaging in upfront discussions and establishing end goals.
- Acquire a "SaaS GPS" -- be transparent about who owns the responsibility for the cloud-based applications, but understand that at the end of the day end users just want the system to work.
- Set user expectations upfront by explaining the implementation lifecycle and avoiding shortcuts.
- Keep it simple -- just because the system allows complexity, it's better to start simple because changes affect the speed of upgrades.
- Nurture user adoption and build their confidence in the solutions by easing them into new applications, features and functionality rather than throwing too many things at them at once.
- "Our vision at ACC/WCU is very simple. We want to be the premier leader in the healthcare educational industry, and -- most importantly -- we want to provide the best faculty to teach the students. In order to do that, ACC/WCU needed to engage with a premier technology organization to help us modernize and automate our HR technology so we could transform the HR organization," said Segar Annamalai, CIO, ACC/WCU. "Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud rose to the top because of Oracle's vision, because it offered an integrated solution, and because of Oracle's commitment to our success. Now we have technology that will grow with us and has enabled us to capture, nurture, and really propel the human workforce in the organization to a new level."
- Oracle Human Capital Management
- Oracle Global Human Resources Cloud
- Oracle Talent Management Cloud
- Learn More About Oracle Cloud
- Sign Up for the Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Human Capital Management Blog
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Facebook
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 295
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,178
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,459
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,720
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,153
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 709
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,569
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 576
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 311
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 5,164
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,287
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,235
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,703
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,492
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 497
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,262
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,271
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,233
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,105
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,576