|By Marketwired .||
|October 21, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/21/13 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To help transform their HR organization to one focused on attracting, retaining and cultivating the best faculty and associates, American Career College and West Coast University (ACC/WCU) needed to eliminate manual, paper-based HR processes. It selected Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud and migrated their functions to the next-generation HR platform, enabling it to save money, time and refocus its HR organization. ACC/WCU credits a disciplined and realistic approach to its successful move from legacy processes and solutions to modern, cloud HR.
- American Career College and West Coast University (ACC/WCU), private higher educational institutions focused on cultivating healthcare professionals, are using Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud, part of Oracle Cloud.
- ACC/WCU long and rich history as premier educational institutions offering the full lifecycle of training and education for nurses and other healthcare professionals. Their top priority is to provide unparalleled service, educational experience that transforms students' lives and creates the best healthcare professionals in the industry.
- With more than 1,500 employees in 10 locations across three states and eyeing other expansions, ACC/WCU decided that its rapid growth necessitated an upgrade to their HR applications to reduce heavy paper-based HR management, save time and expenses, to create an integrated next-generation system with data integrity across applications, and to improve user confidence.
- More importantly, ACC/WCU wanted to shift the focus of their HR organization from a manual, transaction-based team to one that is able to focus on talent management, attracting, retaining and cultivating a faculty that is dedicated to providing an outstanding experience to its students.
Keys to Transforming an HR Organization
- By migrating their core HR and benefits functions from legacy applications and paper-based systems to Oracle Global HR Cloud, ACC/WCU has successfully automated HR processes so they can spend more time growing the faculty, nurturing talent and empowering users with more self-service applications.
- After evaluating the benefits of multiple cloud-based HCM solutions, ACC/WCU selected Oracle HCM Cloud, including Oracle Global Human Resources (HR) Cloud and Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, based on Oracle's vision for Oracle HCM Cloud and its dedication to investing in R&D.
- The higher education institution went live in December 2012 after a short, 17-week deployment by an implementation team of just seven. As part of the deployment, ACC/WCU integrated Oracle Global HR Cloud and Oracle Talent Management Cloud for a unified HCM platform.
- ACC/WCU believes that its deployment and integration was successful because it followed several important principles :
- Establish meaningful relationships with Oracle, its system integrator, and its users from the beginning by engaging in upfront discussions and establishing end goals.
- Acquire a "SaaS GPS" -- be transparent about who owns the responsibility for the cloud-based applications, but understand that at the end of the day end users just want the system to work.
- Set user expectations upfront by explaining the implementation lifecycle and avoiding shortcuts.
- Keep it simple -- just because the system allows complexity, it's better to start simple because changes affect the speed of upgrades.
- Nurture user adoption and build their confidence in the solutions by easing them into new applications, features and functionality rather than throwing too many things at them at once.
- "Our vision at ACC/WCU is very simple. We want to be the premier leader in the healthcare educational industry, and -- most importantly -- we want to provide the best faculty to teach the students. In order to do that, ACC/WCU needed to engage with a premier technology organization to help us modernize and automate our HR technology so we could transform the HR organization," said Segar Annamalai, CIO, ACC/WCU. "Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud rose to the top because of Oracle's vision, because it offered an integrated solution, and because of Oracle's commitment to our success. Now we have technology that will grow with us and has enabled us to capture, nurture, and really propel the human workforce in the organization to a new level."
- Oracle Human Capital Management
- Oracle Global Human Resources Cloud
- Oracle Talent Management Cloud
- Learn More About Oracle Cloud
- Sign Up for the Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Human Capital Management Blog
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Facebook
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for ...
Dec. 8, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 520
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 8, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 7,292
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 8, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 978
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 8, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,917
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 8, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 590
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 928
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 887
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 968
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 830
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 2,038
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,716
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,140
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 748
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,807
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,063
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,821
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,311
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 1,417
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,156
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,390