|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2014 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/06/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Consumers are asking for a shopping experience that allows them to purchase where and when they want, using a mix of devices, web sites and stores. Retailers are responding by erasing lines between channels, targeting offers and making inventory readily available at the right time and place. With the introduction of its largest, most far-reaching new release, Oracle Retail is uniquely equipped to help retailers offer customers commerce anywhere in a targeted, profitable and efficient manner.
- Oracle today introduced Oracle Retail version 14, encompassing new features and functionality across its complete offering of retail business solutions. The enhanced suite of solutions enables relevant customer engagements across touchpoints, targets assortments, drives improved efficiency from inventory and helps reduce total cost of ownership.
- Oracle's leading retail science and best practices are now embedded within even more business processes, placing the customer at the center of the value chain and aligning people, processes and technology to drive profitability.
- New operational and planning processes in Oracle Retail version 14 allow customers to buy, pick-up or return items via any channel and equips retailers to fulfill demand without channel constraints, using built-in functionality that offers efficiencies and profit gains for retailers.
- Throughout the solution set, processes reflect an increased focus on the consumer, and assortment planning is informed by a range of new data points that work together to influence item and category performance.
- Oracle Retail version 14 delivers further improvements through packaged integration, a rich set of application programming interfaces and an infrastructure that can accelerate implementation and accommodate modular deployments that work within the constraints of a retailer's evolving mix of systems.
- Additionally, Oracle Retail version 14 is optimized for Oracle's engineered systems, servers and storage to deliver faster performance, greater efficiency, higher availability, and near-unlimited scalability. Deploying Oracle Retail solutions on Oracle systems enables customers to lower total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity, and help streamline management, while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability.
Oracle Retail Connects the Consumer Journey from Mobile to Store to Fulfillment
- New features and functionality make it easier for customers to purchase items no matter where inventory resides, with store-level inventory visibility online, real-time inventory lookup for items in another store, support for orders and take-with items in the same transaction and support for returning purchases from any channel.
- To help retailers take advantage of mobile, Oracle Retail solutions deliver enhanced support for most devices and help mobilize store associates with mobile Point of Service (POS), tablet POS, assisted selling tools and better visibility to promotions, merchandising and store dashboards.
Targeted Assortments Give Customers Better Choices
- To help retailers target the right mix of items online and in stores, Oracle Retail version 14 embeds leading retail science and draws insight from multiple data sources including consumer decision trees, advanced store clustering, demand transference and space optimization, as well as traditional demand forecasting, to recommend alternate actions and illustrate each one's impact on item, category and overall performance.
- Oracle's advanced store clustering capabilities are included in the suite to help retailers allocate products based on customer segments and optimize space planning across groups of stores.
- New analytics and visualizations included with the latest release help to answer retailers' most commonly asked questions, such as "Where are my most beneficial customers located and shopping, and what are their top purchases?"
Retailers Drive Performance by Making Inventory Transparent and Accessible
- With version 14, Oracle Retail provides a single inventory master, which enables retailers to make inventory visible and accessible 24/7 across channels for consumers and employees.
- Oracle Retail version 14 connects more of the day-to-day supply chain operations to help maximize efficiency and accuracy of store picking, store inventory processes, warehouse management and merchandising.
- Now, operational forecasts can consider not just price and promotional changes but also the transfer of demand that happens when assortments change. The resulting single view of demand across the enterprise helps teams to optimize and align inventory.
Improved Integration Helps Lower Retailers' Total Cost of Ownership
- With Oracle Retail version 14, Oracle continues to simplify deployment, help maximize ROI, and help lower the total cost of ownership by improving integration throughout the full suite of retail solutions.
- In addition, the enhanced integration helps ensure that interdependent retail operations such as customer segmentation, store clustering, pricing, planning, allocation and space planning share information that influences business intelligence and recommendations.
- Following Oracle's commitment to open and scalable solutions, the full offering of Oracle Retail solutions can be implemented as a comprehensive suite or as modular best-of-breed point solutions, integrated with existing solutions or deployed in any order as part of a full-scale IT transformation program.
- A new dashboard allows IT to monitor and manage retail integrations from a single point. Now retailers can more quickly identify transaction volumes, average response times, and errors to help ensure critical systems are consistently operating at maximum efficiency.
- "In the global retail industry we have seen a shift of capital from building and refurbishing stores to digital commerce and creating new and differentiated customer interactions. Retailers are focused on enabling the whole retail enterprise to deliver commerce anywhere," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail.
- "Oracle Retail version 14 is our largest release in terms of functionality and manpower invested in development. This release aligns with the industry investments, has a sharp focus on quality and lowers the total cost of ownership for retailers. It further differentiates Oracle when the retailer is choosing a point solution and in situations where the retailer is transforming multiple business operations to enable a more effective customer experience," said Webster.
About Oracle Retail version 14
About Oracle Retail
Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle Retail Blog
Oracle Commerce Anywhere Blog
Oracle Retail in the News
Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 28, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,203
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,096
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,706
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,217
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,196
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,781
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,040
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 725
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,908
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 623
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,167
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,298
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 851
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 294
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,426
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,626
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 554