|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2014 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/06/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Consumers are asking for a shopping experience that allows them to purchase where and when they want, using a mix of devices, web sites and stores. Retailers are responding by erasing lines between channels, targeting offers and making inventory readily available at the right time and place. With the introduction of its largest, most far-reaching new release, Oracle Retail is uniquely equipped to help retailers offer customers commerce anywhere in a targeted, profitable and efficient manner.
- Oracle today introduced Oracle Retail version 14, encompassing new features and functionality across its complete offering of retail business solutions. The enhanced suite of solutions enables relevant customer engagements across touchpoints, targets assortments, drives improved efficiency from inventory and helps reduce total cost of ownership.
- Oracle's leading retail science and best practices are now embedded within even more business processes, placing the customer at the center of the value chain and aligning people, processes and technology to drive profitability.
- New operational and planning processes in Oracle Retail version 14 allow customers to buy, pick-up or return items via any channel and equips retailers to fulfill demand without channel constraints, using built-in functionality that offers efficiencies and profit gains for retailers.
- Throughout the solution set, processes reflect an increased focus on the consumer, and assortment planning is informed by a range of new data points that work together to influence item and category performance.
- Oracle Retail version 14 delivers further improvements through packaged integration, a rich set of application programming interfaces and an infrastructure that can accelerate implementation and accommodate modular deployments that work within the constraints of a retailer's evolving mix of systems.
- Additionally, Oracle Retail version 14 is optimized for Oracle's engineered systems, servers and storage to deliver faster performance, greater efficiency, higher availability, and near-unlimited scalability. Deploying Oracle Retail solutions on Oracle systems enables customers to lower total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity, and help streamline management, while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability.
Oracle Retail Connects the Consumer Journey from Mobile to Store to Fulfillment
- New features and functionality make it easier for customers to purchase items no matter where inventory resides, with store-level inventory visibility online, real-time inventory lookup for items in another store, support for orders and take-with items in the same transaction and support for returning purchases from any channel.
- To help retailers take advantage of mobile, Oracle Retail solutions deliver enhanced support for most devices and help mobilize store associates with mobile Point of Service (POS), tablet POS, assisted selling tools and better visibility to promotions, merchandising and store dashboards.
Targeted Assortments Give Customers Better Choices
- To help retailers target the right mix of items online and in stores, Oracle Retail version 14 embeds leading retail science and draws insight from multiple data sources including consumer decision trees, advanced store clustering, demand transference and space optimization, as well as traditional demand forecasting, to recommend alternate actions and illustrate each one's impact on item, category and overall performance.
- Oracle's advanced store clustering capabilities are included in the suite to help retailers allocate products based on customer segments and optimize space planning across groups of stores.
- New analytics and visualizations included with the latest release help to answer retailers' most commonly asked questions, such as "Where are my most beneficial customers located and shopping, and what are their top purchases?"
Retailers Drive Performance by Making Inventory Transparent and Accessible
- With version 14, Oracle Retail provides a single inventory master, which enables retailers to make inventory visible and accessible 24/7 across channels for consumers and employees.
- Oracle Retail version 14 connects more of the day-to-day supply chain operations to help maximize efficiency and accuracy of store picking, store inventory processes, warehouse management and merchandising.
- Now, operational forecasts can consider not just price and promotional changes but also the transfer of demand that happens when assortments change. The resulting single view of demand across the enterprise helps teams to optimize and align inventory.
Improved Integration Helps Lower Retailers' Total Cost of Ownership
- With Oracle Retail version 14, Oracle continues to simplify deployment, help maximize ROI, and help lower the total cost of ownership by improving integration throughout the full suite of retail solutions.
- In addition, the enhanced integration helps ensure that interdependent retail operations such as customer segmentation, store clustering, pricing, planning, allocation and space planning share information that influences business intelligence and recommendations.
- Following Oracle's commitment to open and scalable solutions, the full offering of Oracle Retail solutions can be implemented as a comprehensive suite or as modular best-of-breed point solutions, integrated with existing solutions or deployed in any order as part of a full-scale IT transformation program.
- A new dashboard allows IT to monitor and manage retail integrations from a single point. Now retailers can more quickly identify transaction volumes, average response times, and errors to help ensure critical systems are consistently operating at maximum efficiency.
- "In the global retail industry we have seen a shift of capital from building and refurbishing stores to digital commerce and creating new and differentiated customer interactions. Retailers are focused on enabling the whole retail enterprise to deliver commerce anywhere," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail.
- "Oracle Retail version 14 is our largest release in terms of functionality and manpower invested in development. This release aligns with the industry investments, has a sharp focus on quality and lowers the total cost of ownership for retailers. It further differentiates Oracle when the retailer is choosing a point solution and in situations where the retailer is transforming multiple business operations to enable a more effective customer experience," said Webster.
About Oracle Retail version 14
About Oracle Retail
Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle Retail Blog
Oracle Commerce Anywhere Blog
Oracle Retail in the News
Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 4, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 353
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 4, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,221
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 4, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,318
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,155
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 4, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 788
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,252
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 3, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,342
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 364
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 3, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,289
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 3, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,221
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,066
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 362
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,200
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 3, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 956
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,193
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,595
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,376
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,468
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 3, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,138
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,707