|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2014 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/06/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Consumers are asking for a shopping experience that allows them to purchase where and when they want, using a mix of devices, web sites and stores. Retailers are responding by erasing lines between channels, targeting offers and making inventory readily available at the right time and place. With the introduction of its largest, most far-reaching new release, Oracle Retail is uniquely equipped to help retailers offer customers commerce anywhere in a targeted, profitable and efficient manner.
- Oracle today introduced Oracle Retail version 14, encompassing new features and functionality across its complete offering of retail business solutions. The enhanced suite of solutions enables relevant customer engagements across touchpoints, targets assortments, drives improved efficiency from inventory and helps reduce total cost of ownership.
- Oracle's leading retail science and best practices are now embedded within even more business processes, placing the customer at the center of the value chain and aligning people, processes and technology to drive profitability.
- New operational and planning processes in Oracle Retail version 14 allow customers to buy, pick-up or return items via any channel and equips retailers to fulfill demand without channel constraints, using built-in functionality that offers efficiencies and profit gains for retailers.
- Throughout the solution set, processes reflect an increased focus on the consumer, and assortment planning is informed by a range of new data points that work together to influence item and category performance.
- Oracle Retail version 14 delivers further improvements through packaged integration, a rich set of application programming interfaces and an infrastructure that can accelerate implementation and accommodate modular deployments that work within the constraints of a retailer's evolving mix of systems.
- Additionally, Oracle Retail version 14 is optimized for Oracle's engineered systems, servers and storage to deliver faster performance, greater efficiency, higher availability, and near-unlimited scalability. Deploying Oracle Retail solutions on Oracle systems enables customers to lower total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity, and help streamline management, while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability.
Oracle Retail Connects the Consumer Journey from Mobile to Store to Fulfillment
- New features and functionality make it easier for customers to purchase items no matter where inventory resides, with store-level inventory visibility online, real-time inventory lookup for items in another store, support for orders and take-with items in the same transaction and support for returning purchases from any channel.
- To help retailers take advantage of mobile, Oracle Retail solutions deliver enhanced support for most devices and help mobilize store associates with mobile Point of Service (POS), tablet POS, assisted selling tools and better visibility to promotions, merchandising and store dashboards.
Targeted Assortments Give Customers Better Choices
- To help retailers target the right mix of items online and in stores, Oracle Retail version 14 embeds leading retail science and draws insight from multiple data sources including consumer decision trees, advanced store clustering, demand transference and space optimization, as well as traditional demand forecasting, to recommend alternate actions and illustrate each one's impact on item, category and overall performance.
- Oracle's advanced store clustering capabilities are included in the suite to help retailers allocate products based on customer segments and optimize space planning across groups of stores.
- New analytics and visualizations included with the latest release help to answer retailers' most commonly asked questions, such as "Where are my most beneficial customers located and shopping, and what are their top purchases?"
Retailers Drive Performance by Making Inventory Transparent and Accessible
- With version 14, Oracle Retail provides a single inventory master, which enables retailers to make inventory visible and accessible 24/7 across channels for consumers and employees.
- Oracle Retail version 14 connects more of the day-to-day supply chain operations to help maximize efficiency and accuracy of store picking, store inventory processes, warehouse management and merchandising.
- Now, operational forecasts can consider not just price and promotional changes but also the transfer of demand that happens when assortments change. The resulting single view of demand across the enterprise helps teams to optimize and align inventory.
Improved Integration Helps Lower Retailers' Total Cost of Ownership
- With Oracle Retail version 14, Oracle continues to simplify deployment, help maximize ROI, and help lower the total cost of ownership by improving integration throughout the full suite of retail solutions.
- In addition, the enhanced integration helps ensure that interdependent retail operations such as customer segmentation, store clustering, pricing, planning, allocation and space planning share information that influences business intelligence and recommendations.
- Following Oracle's commitment to open and scalable solutions, the full offering of Oracle Retail solutions can be implemented as a comprehensive suite or as modular best-of-breed point solutions, integrated with existing solutions or deployed in any order as part of a full-scale IT transformation program.
- A new dashboard allows IT to monitor and manage retail integrations from a single point. Now retailers can more quickly identify transaction volumes, average response times, and errors to help ensure critical systems are consistently operating at maximum efficiency.
- "In the global retail industry we have seen a shift of capital from building and refurbishing stores to digital commerce and creating new and differentiated customer interactions. Retailers are focused on enabling the whole retail enterprise to deliver commerce anywhere," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail.
- "Oracle Retail version 14 is our largest release in terms of functionality and manpower invested in development. This release aligns with the industry investments, has a sharp focus on quality and lowers the total cost of ownership for retailers. It further differentiates Oracle when the retailer is choosing a point solution and in situations where the retailer is transforming multiple business operations to enable a more effective customer experience," said Webster.
About Oracle Retail version 14
About Oracle Retail
Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle Retail Blog
Oracle Commerce Anywhere Blog
Oracle Retail in the News
Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,373
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,674
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,201
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,926
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,029
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,603
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,320
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 24, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,442
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 24, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,649
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,792
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,482
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,512
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,677
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,487
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 766
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 772
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,042
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,724
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,479
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 24, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 917