|By Liz McMillan||
|January 30, 2014 06:45 AM EST||
The explosive growth of cloud, mobile, and social technologies is driving the need for organizations to gain faster and easier access to innovative and trusted business applications. To address this need, Oracle launched the Oracle Cloud Marketplace at Oracle OpenWorld 2013. Today, Oracle announced that DocuSign and Badgeville have created innovative new business applications using Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) and listed them in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace. The Oracle Cloud Marketplace features hundreds of business applications developed by Oracle partners such as DocuSign and Badgeville, and enables Oracle Cloud customers to easily browse, evaluate, and license trusted business applications.
- Extending its commitment to providing customers with easy access to innovative and trusted Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud applications, Oracle today announced the availability of new applications from DocuSign and Badgeville on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
- DocuSign, the global leader in eSignature transaction management, has listed its eSignature solution, an extension to the Oracle Sales Cloud, on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace to help Oracle users accelerate transactions to increase speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers.
- Badgeville, a global leader in gamification technology to drive customer loyalty and employee performance, has listed its solution, The Behavior Platform for Oracle Sales Cloud, on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
- Leveraging the Oracle Java Cloud Service, an Oracle Cloud PaaS offering, both DocuSign and Badgeville developed their applications to extend and integrate with the Oracle Sales Cloud.
- Oracle Cloud PaaS provides an enterprise-grade application development and deployment platform in the cloud. With Oracle Cloud PaaS, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) partners can quickly and easily create scalable, standards-based applications that extend Oracle Cloud SaaS applications.
- The Oracle Cloud Marketplace gives Oracle partners a highly effective cloud applications distribution channel, providing an opportunity to market and sell innovative solutions directly to Oracle's customer base.
- With the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, Oracle Cloud customers and partners can achieve greater success with trusted and innovative applications in key business areas including sales and marketing; customer service and support; finance and operations; human resources; and software development.
- The Oracle Cloud Marketplace provides Oracle Cloud customers with an easy to use interface to search and find applications best suited to meet their business needs. Application listings in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace include relevant details, such as user ratings and reviews, to help customers determine whether applications are a good fit for their businesses.
- With the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, Oracle's extensive ecosystem of 390,000 customers, 25,000 partners and 15 million community developers can foster and cultivate an environment of shared innovation.
- "To remain competitive in today's highly connected business environment, organizations are increasingly adopting innovative cloud applications to support their everyday business operations. We are happy to see partners like DocuSign and Badgeville building new extensions to Oracle Cloud SaaS applications by leveraging a secure and enterprise-grade platform that is based on open standards, integrated to work together seamlessly and one that supports full portability between on-premise and cloud environments," said Prashant Ketkar, VP Product Management, Oracle.
- "DocuSign helps organizations of all sizes and industries keep business digital from start to finish to accelerate speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers," said Neil Hudspith, Chief Revenue Officer, DocuSign. "We wanted a platform that allows for configuring once and deploying to multiple devices such as desktop and mobile. Oracle Cloud PaaS and the Oracle Cloud Marketplace delivered exactly what we needed. Extending the Oracle Sales Cloud helps our customers quickly and easily access sales contracts and securely DocuSign them to close deals -- anytime, anywhere."
- "Badgeville's gamification platform supercharges sales performance by motivating desired employee and partner behaviors in the Oracle Sales Cloud. In choosing Oracle Cloud PaaS, we found an integrated and efficient platform for development and deployment and the Oracle Cloud Marketplace to quickly and easily get our solution to market," said Ted Farrell, CTO Badgeville.
- Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- Sign up - Oracle Cloud
- Learn more - Oracle Cloud
- Join the Oracle Cloud online communities: Twitter, Facebook and blogs
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 12:11 PM EST Reads: 127
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,823
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 119
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,450
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,842
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 392
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,590
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,897
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,020
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 500
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, discussed key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the age ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,069
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 703
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 2,108
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 568
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:17 AM EST Reads: 225
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 777
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 684
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 3,899
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 764
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 395