|By Jason Weathersby, Iana Chatalbasheva, Tom Bondur||
|March 7, 2007 11:15 AM EST||
The rotated label report item extension implements the following extension points:
- org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.reportitemUI registers the graphical user interface (GUI) to use for the report item extension
- org.eclipse.birt.report.model.reportItemModel specifies how to represent and persist the report item extension in the Report Object Model (ROM)
- org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.reportitemPresentation specifies how to instantiate, process, and render the report item extension
An XML schema specifies the following properties that identify each extension point in the runtime environment:
- ID - Optional identifier of the extension instance
- Name - Optional name of the extension instance
- Point - Fully qualified identifier of the extension point
The extension point, org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.reportitemUI, specifies the following extension elements:
- reportItemLabelUI - The fully qualified name of the Java class that gets the display text for the report item component in the BIRT Report Designer
- model - ROM report item extension name that maps to this UI component
- palette - Icon to show and the category in which the icon appears in the Palette
- editor - Flags indicating whether the editor shows in the MasterPage and Designer UI and is resizable in the Editor
- outline - Icon to show in the Outline View
- propertyPage - Optional Property Edit Page to use for the report item extension in the Property Edit View
The extension point org.eclipse.birt.report.model.reportItemModel specifies reportItem and the following extension element properties:
- extensionName - Internal unique name of the report item extension
- class - Fully qualified name of the Java class that implements the org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.extension.IReportItemFactory interface
- defaultStyle - Predefined style to use for the report item extension
- isNameRequired - Field indicating whether the report item instance name is required
- displayNameID - Resource key for the display name
reportItem also specifies the following property extension elements:
rotationAngle and displayText each specify the following properties:
- name - Internal unique name of the property extension element
- type - Data type, such as integer or string
- displayNameID - Resource key for the display name
- canInherit - Flag indicating whether the property extension element can inherit properties
- detailType - Detail data type such as Boolean or string
- defaultValue - Default value of the property extension element
- isEncryptable - Flag indicating whether the property is encrypted
- defaultDisplayName - Display name to use if no localized I18N display name exists
The extension point org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.reportitemPresentation specifies the following report Item extension elements:
- name - Unique name of the report item extension.
- class - Fully qualified name of the Java class that implements the org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.extension.IReportItemPresentation interface.
- supportedFormats - Supported rendering formats for this extended item. The value for this attribute is a comma-separated string, such as "HTML, PDF." The string is case-insensitive.
After defining the plug-in framework in the Eclipse PDE, the developer makes the code-based extensions required to complete the plug-in development process.
The rotated label report item extension implements the following interfaces and classes:
- org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.extensions specifies the following interfaces:
- IPropertyTabUI - Represents a new tab in the Property Editor view, creating the UI, updating property values on request, and notifying the BIRT framework of any UI-based property change. PropertyTabUIAdapter is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- IReportItemLabelProvider - Defines the interface for the accessor method that provides the label text. ReportItemLabelProvider is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- IReportItemPropertyEditUI - Provides the interface for defining tabs in the Property Editor.
- org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.views.attributes.providers.PropertyProcessor provides accessor methods for processing general property information.
- IRowSet - Defines the interface to a row set. Provides metadata, grouping level, and row navigation methods.
- IReportItemPresentation - Defines the interface for presentation of a report item extension. IReportItem-Presentation sets the locale, resolution, output, and image formats and processes the extended item in the report presentation environment. ReportItemPresentationBase is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- DesignElementHandle - Functions as the base class for all report elements. DesignElementHandle provides a high-level interface to the BIRT report model. The class provides the generic services for all elements. Derived classes provide specialized methods for each element type. DesignElementHandle implements the interface, org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.interfaces.IDesignElementModel.
- DesignEngine - Provides an interface to the BIRT design engine. DesignEngine instantiates a session handle to use when creating a new design, opening an existing design, and managing design processing. The session handle contains the report design's state. DesignEngine implements the interface, IDesignEngine interface.
- ExtendedItemHandle - Provides a handle to an extended item that appears in a section of a report. The extended report item can have properties such as size, position, style, visibility rules, or a binding to a data source. ExtendedItemHandle extends ReportItemHandle, an abstract base class that extends DesignElement-Handle.
- org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.Style extends org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.StyleElement, the base class for report elements with a style, and implements org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.interfaces.IStyleModel, the interface for storing style element constants.
- org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.extension specifies the following interfaces:
- IMessages - Defines the interface for getting a localized message from a message file using a resource key.
- IPropertyDefinition - Defines the interface for the accessor methods that describe a property. PropertyDefinition is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- IReportItem - Defines the interface for an instance of an extended report element. There is a one-to-one correspondence between the BIRT report item and this implementation. ReportItem is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- IReportItemFactory - Defines the interface for the factory that creates an instance of the extended element, IReportItem. IReportItem stores the model data and serializes the model state. ReportItemFactory is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.PropertyType functions as the base class for the metadata of a property type. A property type provides the display name, data validation and conversion methods, XML name, and other processing. PropertyType implements the interface, org.eclipse.birt.re-port.model.api.metadata.IPropertyType.
- org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin defines the basic methods for starting, managing, and stopping the plug-in instance.
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust IoT ...
Jun. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,707
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jun. 29, 2015 12:19 PM EDT Reads: 596
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization – allowing customers to provide amazing user experiences with optimized IT per...
Jun. 29, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,519
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jun. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,087
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jun. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,843
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jun. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,997
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will addresses this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jun. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,384
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jun. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,142
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jun. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,166
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fillin...
Jun. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,154
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jun. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,016
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jun. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,959
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jun. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,110
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA, and the “Third Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place June 7-9, 2016, at Javits Center in New York City. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Jun. 22, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,634
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Jun. 20, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,815
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Jun. 15, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,044
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Jun. 15, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,832
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Jun. 15, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,887
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discusses the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jun. 11, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,285
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jun. 10, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,276