|By Jason Weathersby, Iana Chatalbasheva, Tom Bondur||
|March 7, 2007 11:15 AM EST||
The rotated label report item extension implements the following extension points:
- org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.reportitemUI registers the graphical user interface (GUI) to use for the report item extension
- org.eclipse.birt.report.model.reportItemModel specifies how to represent and persist the report item extension in the Report Object Model (ROM)
- org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.reportitemPresentation specifies how to instantiate, process, and render the report item extension
An XML schema specifies the following properties that identify each extension point in the runtime environment:
- ID - Optional identifier of the extension instance
- Name - Optional name of the extension instance
- Point - Fully qualified identifier of the extension point
The extension point, org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.reportitemUI, specifies the following extension elements:
- reportItemLabelUI - The fully qualified name of the Java class that gets the display text for the report item component in the BIRT Report Designer
- model - ROM report item extension name that maps to this UI component
- palette - Icon to show and the category in which the icon appears in the Palette
- editor - Flags indicating whether the editor shows in the MasterPage and Designer UI and is resizable in the Editor
- outline - Icon to show in the Outline View
- propertyPage - Optional Property Edit Page to use for the report item extension in the Property Edit View
The extension point org.eclipse.birt.report.model.reportItemModel specifies reportItem and the following extension element properties:
- extensionName - Internal unique name of the report item extension
- class - Fully qualified name of the Java class that implements the org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.extension.IReportItemFactory interface
- defaultStyle - Predefined style to use for the report item extension
- isNameRequired - Field indicating whether the report item instance name is required
- displayNameID - Resource key for the display name
reportItem also specifies the following property extension elements:
rotationAngle and displayText each specify the following properties:
- name - Internal unique name of the property extension element
- type - Data type, such as integer or string
- displayNameID - Resource key for the display name
- canInherit - Flag indicating whether the property extension element can inherit properties
- detailType - Detail data type such as Boolean or string
- defaultValue - Default value of the property extension element
- isEncryptable - Flag indicating whether the property is encrypted
- defaultDisplayName - Display name to use if no localized I18N display name exists
The extension point org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.reportitemPresentation specifies the following report Item extension elements:
- name - Unique name of the report item extension.
- class - Fully qualified name of the Java class that implements the org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.extension.IReportItemPresentation interface.
- supportedFormats - Supported rendering formats for this extended item. The value for this attribute is a comma-separated string, such as "HTML, PDF." The string is case-insensitive.
After defining the plug-in framework in the Eclipse PDE, the developer makes the code-based extensions required to complete the plug-in development process.
The rotated label report item extension implements the following interfaces and classes:
- org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.extensions specifies the following interfaces:
- IPropertyTabUI - Represents a new tab in the Property Editor view, creating the UI, updating property values on request, and notifying the BIRT framework of any UI-based property change. PropertyTabUIAdapter is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- IReportItemLabelProvider - Defines the interface for the accessor method that provides the label text. ReportItemLabelProvider is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- IReportItemPropertyEditUI - Provides the interface for defining tabs in the Property Editor.
- org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.views.attributes.providers.PropertyProcessor provides accessor methods for processing general property information.
- IRowSet - Defines the interface to a row set. Provides metadata, grouping level, and row navigation methods.
- IReportItemPresentation - Defines the interface for presentation of a report item extension. IReportItem-Presentation sets the locale, resolution, output, and image formats and processes the extended item in the report presentation environment. ReportItemPresentationBase is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- DesignElementHandle - Functions as the base class for all report elements. DesignElementHandle provides a high-level interface to the BIRT report model. The class provides the generic services for all elements. Derived classes provide specialized methods for each element type. DesignElementHandle implements the interface, org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.interfaces.IDesignElementModel.
- DesignEngine - Provides an interface to the BIRT design engine. DesignEngine instantiates a session handle to use when creating a new design, opening an existing design, and managing design processing. The session handle contains the report design's state. DesignEngine implements the interface, IDesignEngine interface.
- ExtendedItemHandle - Provides a handle to an extended item that appears in a section of a report. The extended report item can have properties such as size, position, style, visibility rules, or a binding to a data source. ExtendedItemHandle extends ReportItemHandle, an abstract base class that extends DesignElement-Handle.
- org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.Style extends org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.StyleElement, the base class for report elements with a style, and implements org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.interfaces.IStyleModel, the interface for storing style element constants.
- org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.extension specifies the following interfaces:
- IMessages - Defines the interface for getting a localized message from a message file using a resource key.
- IPropertyDefinition - Defines the interface for the accessor methods that describe a property. PropertyDefinition is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- IReportItem - Defines the interface for an instance of an extended report element. There is a one-to-one correspondence between the BIRT report item and this implementation. ReportItem is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- IReportItemFactory - Defines the interface for the factory that creates an instance of the extended element, IReportItem. IReportItem stores the model data and serializes the model state. ReportItemFactory is the adapter class that implements this interface.
- org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.PropertyType functions as the base class for the metadata of a property type. A property type provides the display name, data validation and conversion methods, XML name, and other processing. PropertyType implements the interface, org.eclipse.birt.re-port.model.api.metadata.IPropertyType.
- org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin defines the basic methods for starting, managing, and stopping the plug-in instance.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 29, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,734
Five years ago development was seen as a dead-end career, now it’s anything but – with an explosion in mobile and IoT initiatives increasing the demand for skilled engineers. But apart from having a ready supply of great coders, what constitutes true ‘DevOps Royalty’? It’ll be the ability to craft resilient architectures, supportability, security everywhere across the software lifecycle. In his keynote at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Jeffrey Scheaffer, GM and SVP, Continuous Delivery Busine...
Apr. 29, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,244
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 29, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,726
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 29, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,494
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 29, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,559
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 29, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,538
Judith Hurwitz is president and CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, a Needham, Mass., research and consulting firm focused on emerging technology, including big data, cognitive computing and governance. She is co-author of the book Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics, published in 2015. Her Cloud Expo session, "What Is the Business Imperative for Cognitive Computing?" is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8, at 8:40 a.m. In it, she puts cognitive computing into perspective with its value to the busin...
Apr. 29, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,834
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 29, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,374
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,614
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,327
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 29, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 983
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 29, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,091
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 28, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,682
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 28, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,532
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 28, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,564
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 28, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,227
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 28, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,706
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 28, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,459
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 28, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,002
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 28, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,389