|By Marketwired .||
|March 14, 2014 02:21 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/14/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As cloud computing continues to rapidly transform how organizations approach IT, the importance of optimizing the user experience has become paramount. To help organizations deliver the best possible user experience and maximize the value of their business-critical applications, Oracle is providing a look at its User Experience (UX) strategy at the European debut of the Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo. The OAUX Expo takes place in Europe on March 18, 2014, at the AMIS Services BV offices in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands. Attendees will witness the new strategy first-hand, along with the comprehensive Oracle technologies that power these new experiences. In addition, attendees will see a range of user experience demonstrations of innovative new concepts for enterprise applications.
- Extending its commitment to providing the simplicity, mobility and extensibility that defines next-generation user experiences, Oracle today announced details of the first Oracle Applications User Experience Expo (OAUX) in Europe.
- Hosted by AMIS Services BV, a provider of services for Oracle technologies and Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), the OAUX Expo will take place in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands on March 18, 2014.
- The OAUX Expo will showcase the next evolution of the Oracle application user experience and will also include working demos on topics ranging from simplified UI and zero-touch interfaces to mobile platforms, Google Glass and the Tesla user experience. In addition to the demos, attendees will be able to talk to Oracle's UX R&D experts.
- The interactive expo will also include a series of short lectures that provide targeted content for audiences ranging from students looking to begin a career at Oracle to line-of-business executives, IT managers and developers.
- Senior AMIS consultants and Oracle UX management will also provide attendees with an analysis of the trends that are impacting today's cloud application development and Oracle's technologies.
- In addition, the event will include a Secret Chamber, where Oracle will allow customers, under a formal non-disclosure agreement, to see innovative user experience concepts that are being explored. If you are interested in participating in the Secret Chamber, please send an email to [email protected]
- Since 1991, AMIS has been the leading Oracle technology partner in The Netherlands, and its consultants are involved in many major Oracle implementations in the country and various groundbreaking projects worldwide.
- The OAUX Expo is free and open to the public. Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- "This event shows a unique side of Oracle Corporation: an open company that is willing to inspire and lead customers into new areas of corporate IT. We hope Oracle Corporation will continue to showcase its thought leadership." Paul Uijtewaal, CEO, AMIS Services BV
- "Our primary objective is for people to be inspired. Awed, dazzled, triggered. Have their eyes opened, to realize the importance of a great UX, to get a feel for the many ways in which the UX can be enriched -- targeting specific users, tasks and devices. Be surprised by the lead Oracle has taken in this field and by a sneak peek into the (near) future. Understand how today's technology can be leveraged for UI design -- and how tomorrow's development is going to build on that." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- "For AMIS, it is important to show to our customers what can be done -- now and in the near future. We want to help them stand out with an incredible user experience, and the first step on that path is ideas and inspiration. That is what this event will bring them." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- "Coming to this particular event is a commitment to your own investment in Oracle applications and technology. We are showing our partners and customers that we want them to invest in us because we are showing how we are investing in them and their success. This is about them getting solutions that will take them forward. We are investing in their employees' expectations. We are investing in their company by giving them modern systems. We are investing in their productivity by our understanding of what they need." Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience
- Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- AMIS and Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo
- Oracle's Cloud User Experience Strategy
The Oracle Experience
User Experience is a strategic investment area for Oracle. A clear example of this is our research and development on our applications cloud user experiences, with a focus on simplicity, mobility and extensibility. Oracle investigates first the capabilities of our next-generation cloud technology, built on Oracle Fusion Middleware, to create these product experiences, ranging from simplified UI to wearable devices. We then look to leverage this across our other product lines through user experience design patterns and associated development tools. Our goals are always to see a clear gain in end-user productivity and a return on our customers' investment in our applications and technologies.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Disclaimer
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543006
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543026
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543030
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543032
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web ...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,247
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 5, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,788
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 5, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,588
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 671
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 5, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 842
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 5, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,677
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,610
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,108
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,694
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 938
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 756
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,571
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 6,094
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 5, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,162
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 1,003
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,182
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,039
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,546
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 4,216
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 3,266