|By Marketwired .||
|March 25, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/25/14 -- ORACLE INDUSTRY CONNECT -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Life sciences and clinical research organizations (CROs) are looking to improve project oversight, make smarter trial decisions and gain efficiencies across clinical operations, while supporting patient safety, data integrity and compliance. The Oracle Clinical Monitoring Cloud helps companies achieve these goals by integrating three key solutions in the Oracle Health Sciences Cloud: Oracle Siebel Clinical Trial Management System Cloud Service (CTMS) for advanced trial management capabilities, native mobile app Oracle Health Sciences Mobile CRA for mobile monitoring, and Oracle Health Sciences Clinical Development Analytics (CDA) for comprehensive, real-time visibility to clinical and operational data.
- Oracle Health Sciences today announced the Oracle Clinical Monitoring Cloud, a flexible and scalable solution integrating clinical trial management, comprehensive analytics and mobile monitoring in the Oracle Health Sciences Cloud.
- Combining these three capabilities into one solution helps organizations enhance patient safety and reduce trial cost and risk by supporting the fast, accurate development and implementation of an organization's own monitoring strategies and processes.
- The Oracle Clinical Monitoring Cloud is integrated with Oracle Health Sciences Inform Cloud Service, providing automated data flow, making it easier to monitor and analyze clinical data in real-time to help ensure data timeliness, quality, and compliance with the protocol.
- The solution facilitates the development and implementation of virtually any monitoring strategy -- whether centralized monitoring, targeted monitoring, reduced monitoring, or risk-based monitoring in accordance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMA) and TransCelerate BioPharma guidance and best practices.
- Comprehensive trial management capabilities helps organizations quickly identify underperforming trials and problematic data, make fast and accurate decisions with real-time enrollment and site performance metrics in a centralized trial management database, and provide effective management of sites and subjects to help increase efficiency and productivity.
- The solution leverages the transformative potential of native clinical mobile applications to enable efficient and proactive monitoring and productive site visits, maximizing the utilization, efficiency and productivity of monitoring resources.
- The comprehensive analytics capabilities include pre-built and configurable role-based dashboards and key performance indicators that help measure and drive improved monitoring and project oversight, and streamline and optimize operations across all phases of clinical trials.
- As a cloud-based offering, organizations can achieve rapid time to value, high availability and lower total cost of ownership through reduced and predictable infrastructure, compliance and IT operating costs.
- "By combining three critical trial management and monitoring capabilities into one integrated solution, our customers can gain significant clinical operating efficiencies through real-time visibility into clinical trial progress. This scalable and integrated cloud platform automates trial planning, start-up, clinical operations, data management and site reimbursement processes, while giving organizations the flexibility to implement their trial monitoring strategies to enhance patient safety while reducing trial cost and risk," said Mukhtar Ahmed, global vice president of product strategy, Oracle Health Sciences.
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- White Paper: How Oracle Health Sciences Enables Holistic, Strategic Risk-based Monitoring
- Oracle Siebel Clinical Trial Management System Cloud Service
- Oracle Clinical Development Analytics
- Oracle Health Sciences Mobile Clinical Research Associate
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to health sciences, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Oracle Health Sciences
At Oracle, we believe that a more predictive, preventive, personalized and participatory system will help improve human health. We can help accelerate this journey to personalized medicine through technology, data and insights. Oracle's solutions support industry initiatives to improve care quality and outcomes, reduce costs, and speed time to market for new treatments, therapies and devices. Oracle Health Sciences delivers comprehensive business applications, plus database, middleware, and hardware solutions for life sciences and healthcare companies and institutions worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/health-sciences/index.html.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect, taking place in Boston March 25-26, 2014, brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges. For more information, please visit www.oracleindustryconnect.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,397
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,648
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,992
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,027
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 27, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,084
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,058
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,161
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,864
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 198
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,134
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,741
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,059
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 27, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 975
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 729
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,233
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 485
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,084
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,378
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,181
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 483