|By Marketwired .||
|March 26, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/26/14 -- ORACLE INDUSTRY CONNECT -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Celcom Axiata Berhad is transforming IT to enhance its customer experience with Oracle Communications solutions and Oracle Communications Consulting.
- Celcom Axiata Berhad, one of Malaysia's leading mobile communications service providers (CSPs), has embarked on an IT transformation project to enhance customer experience through an integrated customer relationship management (CRM) platform, enabled by Oracle Communications Cross Channel Customer Experience Solutions, Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution, and Oracle Communications Consulting.
- The transformation project spans call center, customer database, online portals and dealer management solutions -- consolidating customer information in a single view to enable Celcom to improve and accelerate customer service across online, call center and retail channels. Celcom completed the implementation in just 18 months for more than 10 million customers, working with Oracle and Accenture.
- Celcom shared best practices and lessons learned from this transformation project during Oracle Industry Connect this week in Boston. The event features many of the world's premier communications companies, and will highlight best practices to help drive next-generation industry innovation.
- Oracle Communications Consulting experts played a crucial role in helping Celcom meet its customer satisfaction goals by providing strong program governance, advising on best practice approaches and working with Celcom to improve deployment speed, enhance its customer experience and reduce operational costs.
- Celcom undertook its business transformation initiative in the second half of 2012 and its efforts began to bear fruit in less than a year.
- With improved system flow-through capabilities from retail sales to network provisioning, up to 95 percent of Celcom's prepaid customers can activate services in less than two minutes, while the company's Xpax brand customers -- which represent 50 percent of Celcom's prepaid customer base -- can activate services in less than 15 seconds. Customers can also easily reload their prepaid cards online in just three clicks. The new platform also allows Celcom to complete 90 percent of its mobile Internet activation in less than 60 seconds.
- The new Oracle platform also enables Celcom to run its call center operations more efficiently, with customer information provided on a single screen, instead of the two to five previously required. In addition, the Oracle solution helps increase customer service efficiency at Celcom's Blue Cube retail outlets, where representatives can complete service requests in an average of four minutes. It also enables live chat capability for real-time customer engagement and faster registration process with the new "snap and sign" feature. Further, Celcom has decreased new phone activation time from two hours to two minutes. With improved data visibility, Celcom can pay its dealers earlier and more often to help motivate them to achieve their sales targets.
- Finally, the solution has helped Celcom go to market more quickly, accelerating new product launches by 25 days, on average.
- Celcom was recently voted the 2014 Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Best Customer Experience in Telecommunications with the highest Customer Experience Index. The win is a testament to Celcom's commitment to satisfy customer needs and recognition of Oracle's solution effectiveness.
- "Meeting customer demands and exceeding their expectations will inevitably improve customer satisfaction and enable us to stay ahead of the competition. We are pleased that Oracle's advanced solutions will help us to implement a business transformation strategy to help ensure our technology, processes and people are on track to deliver the best results to our customers," said Suresh Sidhu, chief corporate and operations officer, Celcom Axiata Berhad.
- "Oracle is pleased to support Celcom's business transformation success by helping to enhance its multi-channel customer experience and improve service efficiency with an integrated CRM platform. We look forward to discussing Celcom's innovation strategies during Oracle Industry Connect," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Cross Channel Customer Experience Solutions
- Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution
- Oracle Communications Consulting
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 24, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,326
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
May. 24, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,785
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happens, where data lives and where the interface lies. For instance, it's a mix of architectural styles ...
May. 24, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,553
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo – to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – is now accepting Hackathon proposals. Hackathon sponsorship benefits include general brand exposure and increasing engagement with the developer ecosystem. At Cloud Expo 2014 Silicon Valley, IBM held the Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held the DevOps Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of...
May. 24, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,171
We’re no longer looking to the future for the IoT wave. It’s no longer a distant dream but a reality that has arrived. It’s now time to make sure the industry is in alignment to meet the IoT growing pains – cooperate and collaborate as well as innovate. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine the key ingredients to IoT success and identify solutions to challenges the industry is facing. The deep industry expertise behind this presentation will provide attendees with a leading edge view of rapidly emerging IoT oppor...
May. 24, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,696
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
May. 24, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,012
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
May. 24, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,217
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
May. 24, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,034
For years, we’ve relied too heavily on individual network functions or simplistic cloud controllers. However, they are no longer enough for today’s modern cloud data center. Businesses need a comprehensive platform architecture in order to deliver a complete networking suite for IoT environment based on OpenStack. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dhiraj Sehgal from PLUMgrid will discuss what a holistic networking solution should really entail, and how to build a complete platform that is scalable, secure, agile and automated.
May. 24, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,093
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focused on understanding how industrial data can create intelligence for industrial operations. Imagine ...
May. 24, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,965
Hadoop as a Service (as offered by handful of niche vendors now) is a cloud computing solution that makes medium and large-scale data processing accessible, easy, fast and inexpensive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Kumar Ramamurthy, Vice President and Chief Technologist, EIM & Big Data, at Virtusa, will discuss how this is achieved by eliminating the operational challenges of running Hadoop, so one can focus on business growth. The fragmented Hadoop distribution world and various PaaS solutions that provide a Hadoop flavor either make choices for customers very flexible in the name of opti...
May. 24, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,482
In the consumer IoT, everything is new, and the IT world of bits and bytes holds sway. But industrial and commercial realms encompass operational technology (OT) that has been around for 25 or 50 years. This grittier, pre-IP, more hands-on world has much to gain from Industrial IoT (IIoT) applications and principles. But adding sensors and wireless connectivity won’t work in environments that demand unwavering reliability and performance. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ron Sege, CEO of Echelon, will discuss how as enterprise IT embraces other IoT-related technology trends, enterprises with i...
May. 24, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,066
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
May. 23, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,949
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
May. 23, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,654
Every day we read jaw-dropping stats on the explosion of data. We allocate significant resources to harness and better understand it. We build businesses around it. But we’ve only just begun. For big payoffs in Big Data, CIOs are turning to cognitive computing. Cognitive computing’s ability to securely extract insights, understand natural language, and get smarter each time it’s used is the next, logical step for Big Data.
May. 23, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,777
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will want to use their existing identities, but these will have credentials already that are (hopefully) i...
May. 23, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,021
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 23, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,316
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
May. 23, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,105
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
May. 23, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,672
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example t...
May. 23, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,234