|By Marketwired .||
|March 26, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/26/14 -- ORACLE INDUSTRY CONNECT -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Celcom Axiata Berhad is transforming IT to enhance its customer experience with Oracle Communications solutions and Oracle Communications Consulting.
- Celcom Axiata Berhad, one of Malaysia's leading mobile communications service providers (CSPs), has embarked on an IT transformation project to enhance customer experience through an integrated customer relationship management (CRM) platform, enabled by Oracle Communications Cross Channel Customer Experience Solutions, Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution, and Oracle Communications Consulting.
- The transformation project spans call center, customer database, online portals and dealer management solutions -- consolidating customer information in a single view to enable Celcom to improve and accelerate customer service across online, call center and retail channels. Celcom completed the implementation in just 18 months for more than 10 million customers, working with Oracle and Accenture.
- Celcom shared best practices and lessons learned from this transformation project during Oracle Industry Connect this week in Boston. The event features many of the world's premier communications companies, and will highlight best practices to help drive next-generation industry innovation.
- Oracle Communications Consulting experts played a crucial role in helping Celcom meet its customer satisfaction goals by providing strong program governance, advising on best practice approaches and working with Celcom to improve deployment speed, enhance its customer experience and reduce operational costs.
- Celcom undertook its business transformation initiative in the second half of 2012 and its efforts began to bear fruit in less than a year.
- With improved system flow-through capabilities from retail sales to network provisioning, up to 95 percent of Celcom's prepaid customers can activate services in less than two minutes, while the company's Xpax brand customers -- which represent 50 percent of Celcom's prepaid customer base -- can activate services in less than 15 seconds. Customers can also easily reload their prepaid cards online in just three clicks. The new platform also allows Celcom to complete 90 percent of its mobile Internet activation in less than 60 seconds.
- The new Oracle platform also enables Celcom to run its call center operations more efficiently, with customer information provided on a single screen, instead of the two to five previously required. In addition, the Oracle solution helps increase customer service efficiency at Celcom's Blue Cube retail outlets, where representatives can complete service requests in an average of four minutes. It also enables live chat capability for real-time customer engagement and faster registration process with the new "snap and sign" feature. Further, Celcom has decreased new phone activation time from two hours to two minutes. With improved data visibility, Celcom can pay its dealers earlier and more often to help motivate them to achieve their sales targets.
- Finally, the solution has helped Celcom go to market more quickly, accelerating new product launches by 25 days, on average.
- Celcom was recently voted the 2014 Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Best Customer Experience in Telecommunications with the highest Customer Experience Index. The win is a testament to Celcom's commitment to satisfy customer needs and recognition of Oracle's solution effectiveness.
- "Meeting customer demands and exceeding their expectations will inevitably improve customer satisfaction and enable us to stay ahead of the competition. We are pleased that Oracle's advanced solutions will help us to implement a business transformation strategy to help ensure our technology, processes and people are on track to deliver the best results to our customers," said Suresh Sidhu, chief corporate and operations officer, Celcom Axiata Berhad.
- "Oracle is pleased to support Celcom's business transformation success by helping to enhance its multi-channel customer experience and improve service efficiency with an integrated CRM platform. We look forward to discussing Celcom's innovation strategies during Oracle Industry Connect," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Cross Channel Customer Experience Solutions
- Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution
- Oracle Communications Consulting
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, discussed how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technologi...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 923
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,290
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,963
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,488
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,828
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 768
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,643
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 23, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,696
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 617
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 23, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 814
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Jul. 23, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,119
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 23, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 830
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,139
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,815
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,965
"C2M is our digital transformation and IoT platform. We've had C2M on the market for almost three years now and it has a comprehensive set of functionalities that it brings to the market," explained Mahesh Ramu, Vice President, IoT Strategy and Operations at Plasma, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,039
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,918
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,732
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 963
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 23, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,024