|By Marketwired .||
|March 27, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/27/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Communications announced that Telefónica Digital, Telstra Corporation and Verizon Enterprise Solutions received Oracle Communications Innovation Awards today at the annual Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board (CAB) meeting in Boston, MA.
- Oracle Communications presents Innovation Awards to organizations in the communications industry that use its products and solutions for projects that:
- Result in measurable business process improvement
- Introduce innovative products and services
- Deliver an improved customer experience
- Impact the bottom line
Telefónica Digital Details
- Telefónica is one of the world's largest telecommunications companies with more than 320 million customers and operations across Europe and Latin America. With its best in class mobile, fixed and broadband networks, as well as an innovative digital solution portfolio, Telefónica is transforming itself into a "digital telco" that will be even better positioned to meet its customers' needs and capture new revenue growth.
- Telefónica Digital required a reliable, flexible and secure technology platform on which to base its TU Go service, which enables customers to use devices, such as laptops and tablets, to make and receive phone calls and text messages with their mobile number. The company also needed to accelerate its time to market for this service.
- Telefónica Digital implemented Oracle Communications Unified Session Manager, Oracle Communications Session Router, Oracle Communications Subscriber-Aware Load Balancer and Oracle Communications Session Border Controller to develop TU Go securely and quickly.
- TU Go rings across all devices -- smartphone, tablet, or laptop -- where it is installed, each time a user receives a phone call. This new service is aiding customer retention for Telefónica, particularly among those who might consider switching to other providers due to better pricing or plans. Telefónica plans to extend the service into Latin America and other countries in the coming year.
Telstra Corporation Details
- Telstra a leading Australian telecommunications and information services company. Telstra builds and operates information communications technology (ICT) and media services, competing in all telecommunications markets with 1,900 points of presence spanning 230 countries.
- Telstra needed to upgrade its existing customer relationship management (CRM) system to enhance the way it helps drive customer satisfaction and advocacy, including providing the sales teams with timely access to information on their mobile devices to help progress deals and opportunities rapidly, even when away from the office. Telstra also sought to reduce the time sales representatives spent on administrative functions and enable a truly flexible way of working.
- Telstra implemented Oracle's Siebel Customer Relationship Management, Siebel Mobile Sales, Oracle Database, Oracle User Productivity Kit and Oracle Business Intelligence solutions to expand CRM system capacity on both desktop and mobile interfaces to support today's connected world.
- The new system enables Telstra's sales force to stay connected via tablets or other mobile devices and do their job on the go, maximizing time with customers, supporting strong customer relationship development and creating deep customer insight. Telstra has also significantly reduced the time needed to capture sales opportunities -- from 10-12 minutes down to approximately three minutes on a desktop, and 90 seconds on a mobile device. This has helped improve productivity an estimated 20-30 percent and reduce its carbon footprint.
- Telstra's innovation was possible due to the level of teamwork and collaboration between Telstra and its partners Infosys and Oracle. Its CRM project has been also recognized by Oracle as the new global CRM best practice baseline.
Verizon Enterprise Solutions Details
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions designs, builds and operates the advanced technology platforms and networks that enterprises and governments rely on to efficiently manage business operations and serve their customers.
- The company has experienced exponential growth in its IP-based contact center services business and needed a more robust and scalable underlying system to support new business and accelerate new customer onboarding.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions leveraged Oracle Communications Converged Application Server to enable enterprise customers to create or move contact centers onto IP networks, while still servicing calls from any source -- including public switched telephone networks (PSTN), IP networks and wireless networks.
- With Oracle Communications Converged Application Server, Verizon Enterprise Solutions has helped its customers improve network reliability and provide the flexibility to route traffic between IP and PSTN-based contact centers -- bridging old and new application technologies for a customer-paced evolution to IP. Further, the high availability, scalability and flexibility of the Oracle solution has increased sales, resolved customer pain points and doubled the capacity of the call processing platform, allowing Verizon Enterprise Solutions to continue its tradition of delivering innovation to organizations for creating better customer experiences.
- "This year's Innovation Award winners have demonstrated an incredible ability to improve business processes and drive growth while delivering an excellent customer experience through the adoption and integration of Oracle Communications solutions. We want to congratulate Telefónica Digital, Telstra and Verizon Enterprise Solutions on their outstanding achievements," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board
- Oracle Communications Innovation Awards
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Dec. 3, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,967
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 6,905
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web ...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,194
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,706
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,519
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,489
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 765
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,519
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 903
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,979
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,561
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,992
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,482
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 4,083
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,112
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,978
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 399
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 387
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,870
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 2, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,206