|By Marketwired .||
|March 27, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/27/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Communications announced that Telefónica Digital, Telstra Corporation and Verizon Enterprise Solutions received Oracle Communications Innovation Awards today at the annual Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board (CAB) meeting in Boston, MA.
- Oracle Communications presents Innovation Awards to organizations in the communications industry that use its products and solutions for projects that:
- Result in measurable business process improvement
- Introduce innovative products and services
- Deliver an improved customer experience
- Impact the bottom line
Telefónica Digital Details
- Telefónica is one of the world's largest telecommunications companies with more than 320 million customers and operations across Europe and Latin America. With its best in class mobile, fixed and broadband networks, as well as an innovative digital solution portfolio, Telefónica is transforming itself into a "digital telco" that will be even better positioned to meet its customers' needs and capture new revenue growth.
- Telefónica Digital required a reliable, flexible and secure technology platform on which to base its TU Go service, which enables customers to use devices, such as laptops and tablets, to make and receive phone calls and text messages with their mobile number. The company also needed to accelerate its time to market for this service.
- Telefónica Digital implemented Oracle Communications Unified Session Manager, Oracle Communications Session Router, Oracle Communications Subscriber-Aware Load Balancer and Oracle Communications Session Border Controller to develop TU Go securely and quickly.
- TU Go rings across all devices -- smartphone, tablet, or laptop -- where it is installed, each time a user receives a phone call. This new service is aiding customer retention for Telefónica, particularly among those who might consider switching to other providers due to better pricing or plans. Telefónica plans to extend the service into Latin America and other countries in the coming year.
Telstra Corporation Details
- Telstra a leading Australian telecommunications and information services company. Telstra builds and operates information communications technology (ICT) and media services, competing in all telecommunications markets with 1,900 points of presence spanning 230 countries.
- Telstra needed to upgrade its existing customer relationship management (CRM) system to enhance the way it helps drive customer satisfaction and advocacy, including providing the sales teams with timely access to information on their mobile devices to help progress deals and opportunities rapidly, even when away from the office. Telstra also sought to reduce the time sales representatives spent on administrative functions and enable a truly flexible way of working.
- Telstra implemented Oracle's Siebel Customer Relationship Management, Siebel Mobile Sales, Oracle Database, Oracle User Productivity Kit and Oracle Business Intelligence solutions to expand CRM system capacity on both desktop and mobile interfaces to support today's connected world.
- The new system enables Telstra's sales force to stay connected via tablets or other mobile devices and do their job on the go, maximizing time with customers, supporting strong customer relationship development and creating deep customer insight. Telstra has also significantly reduced the time needed to capture sales opportunities -- from 10-12 minutes down to approximately three minutes on a desktop, and 90 seconds on a mobile device. This has helped improve productivity an estimated 20-30 percent and reduce its carbon footprint.
- Telstra's innovation was possible due to the level of teamwork and collaboration between Telstra and its partners Infosys and Oracle. Its CRM project has been also recognized by Oracle as the new global CRM best practice baseline.
Verizon Enterprise Solutions Details
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions designs, builds and operates the advanced technology platforms and networks that enterprises and governments rely on to efficiently manage business operations and serve their customers.
- The company has experienced exponential growth in its IP-based contact center services business and needed a more robust and scalable underlying system to support new business and accelerate new customer onboarding.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions leveraged Oracle Communications Converged Application Server to enable enterprise customers to create or move contact centers onto IP networks, while still servicing calls from any source -- including public switched telephone networks (PSTN), IP networks and wireless networks.
- With Oracle Communications Converged Application Server, Verizon Enterprise Solutions has helped its customers improve network reliability and provide the flexibility to route traffic between IP and PSTN-based contact centers -- bridging old and new application technologies for a customer-paced evolution to IP. Further, the high availability, scalability and flexibility of the Oracle solution has increased sales, resolved customer pain points and doubled the capacity of the call processing platform, allowing Verizon Enterprise Solutions to continue its tradition of delivering innovation to organizations for creating better customer experiences.
- "This year's Innovation Award winners have demonstrated an incredible ability to improve business processes and drive growth while delivering an excellent customer experience through the adoption and integration of Oracle Communications solutions. We want to congratulate Telefónica Digital, Telstra and Verizon Enterprise Solutions on their outstanding achievements," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board
- Oracle Communications Innovation Awards
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,167
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,931
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,134
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,589
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,110
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,447
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 314
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,916
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,016
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,689
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,134
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,746
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,149
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Sep. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 460
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Sep. 29, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,611
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,164
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,527
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,414
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 310
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 428