|By Marketwired .||
|March 27, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/27/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Communications announced that Telefónica Digital, Telstra Corporation and Verizon Enterprise Solutions received Oracle Communications Innovation Awards today at the annual Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board (CAB) meeting in Boston, MA.
- Oracle Communications presents Innovation Awards to organizations in the communications industry that use its products and solutions for projects that:
- Result in measurable business process improvement
- Introduce innovative products and services
- Deliver an improved customer experience
- Impact the bottom line
Telefónica Digital Details
- Telefónica is one of the world's largest telecommunications companies with more than 320 million customers and operations across Europe and Latin America. With its best in class mobile, fixed and broadband networks, as well as an innovative digital solution portfolio, Telefónica is transforming itself into a "digital telco" that will be even better positioned to meet its customers' needs and capture new revenue growth.
- Telefónica Digital required a reliable, flexible and secure technology platform on which to base its TU Go service, which enables customers to use devices, such as laptops and tablets, to make and receive phone calls and text messages with their mobile number. The company also needed to accelerate its time to market for this service.
- Telefónica Digital implemented Oracle Communications Unified Session Manager, Oracle Communications Session Router, Oracle Communications Subscriber-Aware Load Balancer and Oracle Communications Session Border Controller to develop TU Go securely and quickly.
- TU Go rings across all devices -- smartphone, tablet, or laptop -- where it is installed, each time a user receives a phone call. This new service is aiding customer retention for Telefónica, particularly among those who might consider switching to other providers due to better pricing or plans. Telefónica plans to extend the service into Latin America and other countries in the coming year.
Telstra Corporation Details
- Telstra a leading Australian telecommunications and information services company. Telstra builds and operates information communications technology (ICT) and media services, competing in all telecommunications markets with 1,900 points of presence spanning 230 countries.
- Telstra needed to upgrade its existing customer relationship management (CRM) system to enhance the way it helps drive customer satisfaction and advocacy, including providing the sales teams with timely access to information on their mobile devices to help progress deals and opportunities rapidly, even when away from the office. Telstra also sought to reduce the time sales representatives spent on administrative functions and enable a truly flexible way of working.
- Telstra implemented Oracle's Siebel Customer Relationship Management, Siebel Mobile Sales, Oracle Database, Oracle User Productivity Kit and Oracle Business Intelligence solutions to expand CRM system capacity on both desktop and mobile interfaces to support today's connected world.
- The new system enables Telstra's sales force to stay connected via tablets or other mobile devices and do their job on the go, maximizing time with customers, supporting strong customer relationship development and creating deep customer insight. Telstra has also significantly reduced the time needed to capture sales opportunities -- from 10-12 minutes down to approximately three minutes on a desktop, and 90 seconds on a mobile device. This has helped improve productivity an estimated 20-30 percent and reduce its carbon footprint.
- Telstra's innovation was possible due to the level of teamwork and collaboration between Telstra and its partners Infosys and Oracle. Its CRM project has been also recognized by Oracle as the new global CRM best practice baseline.
Verizon Enterprise Solutions Details
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions designs, builds and operates the advanced technology platforms and networks that enterprises and governments rely on to efficiently manage business operations and serve their customers.
- The company has experienced exponential growth in its IP-based contact center services business and needed a more robust and scalable underlying system to support new business and accelerate new customer onboarding.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions leveraged Oracle Communications Converged Application Server to enable enterprise customers to create or move contact centers onto IP networks, while still servicing calls from any source -- including public switched telephone networks (PSTN), IP networks and wireless networks.
- With Oracle Communications Converged Application Server, Verizon Enterprise Solutions has helped its customers improve network reliability and provide the flexibility to route traffic between IP and PSTN-based contact centers -- bridging old and new application technologies for a customer-paced evolution to IP. Further, the high availability, scalability and flexibility of the Oracle solution has increased sales, resolved customer pain points and doubled the capacity of the call processing platform, allowing Verizon Enterprise Solutions to continue its tradition of delivering innovation to organizations for creating better customer experiences.
- "This year's Innovation Award winners have demonstrated an incredible ability to improve business processes and drive growth while delivering an excellent customer experience through the adoption and integration of Oracle Communications solutions. We want to congratulate Telefónica Digital, Telstra and Verizon Enterprise Solutions on their outstanding achievements," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board
- Oracle Communications Innovation Awards
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 296
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Aug. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 397
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 167
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 808
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Aug. 28, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 132
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater.
Aug. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 144
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 186
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 28, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 28, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 392
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Aug. 28, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 550
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 28, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 347
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 343
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 103
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 544
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 472
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,558
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 274
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,218