|By Marketwired .||
|March 27, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/27/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Communications announced that Telefónica Digital, Telstra Corporation and Verizon Enterprise Solutions received Oracle Communications Innovation Awards today at the annual Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board (CAB) meeting in Boston, MA.
- Oracle Communications presents Innovation Awards to organizations in the communications industry that use its products and solutions for projects that:
- Result in measurable business process improvement
- Introduce innovative products and services
- Deliver an improved customer experience
- Impact the bottom line
Telefónica Digital Details
- Telefónica is one of the world's largest telecommunications companies with more than 320 million customers and operations across Europe and Latin America. With its best in class mobile, fixed and broadband networks, as well as an innovative digital solution portfolio, Telefónica is transforming itself into a "digital telco" that will be even better positioned to meet its customers' needs and capture new revenue growth.
- Telefónica Digital required a reliable, flexible and secure technology platform on which to base its TU Go service, which enables customers to use devices, such as laptops and tablets, to make and receive phone calls and text messages with their mobile number. The company also needed to accelerate its time to market for this service.
- Telefónica Digital implemented Oracle Communications Unified Session Manager, Oracle Communications Session Router, Oracle Communications Subscriber-Aware Load Balancer and Oracle Communications Session Border Controller to develop TU Go securely and quickly.
- TU Go rings across all devices -- smartphone, tablet, or laptop -- where it is installed, each time a user receives a phone call. This new service is aiding customer retention for Telefónica, particularly among those who might consider switching to other providers due to better pricing or plans. Telefónica plans to extend the service into Latin America and other countries in the coming year.
Telstra Corporation Details
- Telstra a leading Australian telecommunications and information services company. Telstra builds and operates information communications technology (ICT) and media services, competing in all telecommunications markets with 1,900 points of presence spanning 230 countries.
- Telstra needed to upgrade its existing customer relationship management (CRM) system to enhance the way it helps drive customer satisfaction and advocacy, including providing the sales teams with timely access to information on their mobile devices to help progress deals and opportunities rapidly, even when away from the office. Telstra also sought to reduce the time sales representatives spent on administrative functions and enable a truly flexible way of working.
- Telstra implemented Oracle's Siebel Customer Relationship Management, Siebel Mobile Sales, Oracle Database, Oracle User Productivity Kit and Oracle Business Intelligence solutions to expand CRM system capacity on both desktop and mobile interfaces to support today's connected world.
- The new system enables Telstra's sales force to stay connected via tablets or other mobile devices and do their job on the go, maximizing time with customers, supporting strong customer relationship development and creating deep customer insight. Telstra has also significantly reduced the time needed to capture sales opportunities -- from 10-12 minutes down to approximately three minutes on a desktop, and 90 seconds on a mobile device. This has helped improve productivity an estimated 20-30 percent and reduce its carbon footprint.
- Telstra's innovation was possible due to the level of teamwork and collaboration between Telstra and its partners Infosys and Oracle. Its CRM project has been also recognized by Oracle as the new global CRM best practice baseline.
Verizon Enterprise Solutions Details
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions designs, builds and operates the advanced technology platforms and networks that enterprises and governments rely on to efficiently manage business operations and serve their customers.
- The company has experienced exponential growth in its IP-based contact center services business and needed a more robust and scalable underlying system to support new business and accelerate new customer onboarding.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions leveraged Oracle Communications Converged Application Server to enable enterprise customers to create or move contact centers onto IP networks, while still servicing calls from any source -- including public switched telephone networks (PSTN), IP networks and wireless networks.
- With Oracle Communications Converged Application Server, Verizon Enterprise Solutions has helped its customers improve network reliability and provide the flexibility to route traffic between IP and PSTN-based contact centers -- bridging old and new application technologies for a customer-paced evolution to IP. Further, the high availability, scalability and flexibility of the Oracle solution has increased sales, resolved customer pain points and doubled the capacity of the call processing platform, allowing Verizon Enterprise Solutions to continue its tradition of delivering innovation to organizations for creating better customer experiences.
- "This year's Innovation Award winners have demonstrated an incredible ability to improve business processes and drive growth while delivering an excellent customer experience through the adoption and integration of Oracle Communications solutions. We want to congratulate Telefónica Digital, Telstra and Verizon Enterprise Solutions on their outstanding achievements," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board
- Oracle Communications Innovation Awards
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,036
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,158
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 24, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,899
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,384
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,848
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 24, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,572
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,846
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,800
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,206
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,482
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,972
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,747
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,632
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,798
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,500
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 23, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,410
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 23, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Aug. 23, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,224
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 23, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,628
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 23, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,040