|By Marketwired .||
|April 9, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 04/09/14 -- COLLABORATE 14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Adoption of sales force automation (SFA) applications by sales reps remains one of the top challenges for today's sales organizations. To address this challenge, Oracle has made ease-of-use and improved productivity a core priority for our suite of Customer Experience Cloud offerings. With today's introduction of the latest release of Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle announces major enhancements, which center squarely on improving sales productivity (efficiency, effectiveness, and on-boarding), improving the SFA mobile experience for sales representatives and sales managers, and minimizing the need for system training, data entry and reporting chores. To meet the needs of increasingly mobile sales organizations, Oracle Sales Cloud offers anywhere, anytime access to help sales reps sell more.
- Extending its commitment to helping organizations sell more, Oracle today announced the latest release of the Oracle Sales Cloud.
- By providing sales reps with a continuous and simplified experience on both desktop and mobile devices, even when in a disconnected mode, the latest release of Oracle Sales Cloud provides "anywhere, anytime" access designed to achieve fast and wide user adoption.
- The latest release also helps sales reps focus on the deals with the highest likelihood of closing and increase the predictability of achieving sales targets by delivering real-time predictive analytics on both desktop and mobile devices.
- To further help sales reps maximize their time and achieve consistent forecasting, the latest release of Oracle Sales Cloud includes real-time configurable dashboards that enable sales managers and sales executives to focus on areas at risk and problem deals, instead of spending valuable time collecting data.
- In addition to helping sales reps plan, prospect, collaborate and close effectively and efficiently, Oracle Sales Cloud also helps customers preserve their existing IT investments and establish an easy path to the cloud by facilitating integration from on-premise SFA systems such as Oracle Siebel, Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
- For more information regarding the future of sales force automation and mobile selling, register for an Oracle Sales Cloud and Gartner webcast on April 23, 9am PT/12pm ET.
- "Today's sales environment is competitive and challenging, and organizations need technology that simplifies processes and empowers staff to sell more efficiently," said Siva Sundaresan, Group Vice President, Oracle Sales Cloud. "The enhancements to Oracle Sales Cloud reinforce Oracle's commitment to deliver simple and smart sales automation solutions. With the latest release, Oracle Sales Cloud offers sales teams a simple design, more intelligence, and greater mobility to help optimize customer interactions, increase sales effectiveness and efficiency, and drive revenue."
- "The streamlined user interface and usability focus make Oracle's SaaS Sales Force Automation application easy to adopt and use with virtually no training. The smart phone and tablet user experiences virtually eliminate data entry and are enhanced with sales productivity capabilities that guide salespeople through the entire selling process," said Rebecca Wettemann, VP of Research, Nucleus Research. "With Oracle Sales Cloud, sales executives have all the metrics and tools they need to increase their teams' sales performance and effectiveness, with added value in areas such as territory management, forecasting, and compensation management."
- "Twenty years after they were invented, the number one reason for the failure of sales force automation (SFA) deployments has been the lack of adoption by field sales users who see little to no value in the amount of data they are asked to enter," said Bruce Daley, Vice President and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research. "Owning many of the most successful first generation products, Oracle kept this requirement in mind when designing the user interface for Oracle Sales Cloud. Oracle deliberately chose to give its enterprise applications a consumer like look-and-feel and provide a colorful, contemporary, graphic user interface and has automated as much of the data entry as possible."
- Oracle Sales Cloud
- Oracle's Customer Experience Suite
- Oracle Customer Relationship Management
- Oracle Cloud
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Connect with Oracle Sales Cloud on Facebook and Twitter
- Drive Smarter Sales: The Future of Sales Force Automation and Mobile Selling Webcast
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,260
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 967
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 3, 2016 03:58 PM EDT
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 3, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,048
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 3, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,157
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 3, 2016 03:23 PM EDT Reads: 114
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,138
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,136
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 641
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,039
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 3, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,235
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 3, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 928
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 3, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,176
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,158
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,582
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,350
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,419
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 3, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,075
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,681
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
May. 2, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,570