|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As organizations increasingly adopt cloud and mobile applications, user identities are proliferating and becoming unmanageable. This causes organizations to struggle to embrace new business opportunities while keeping their corporate user information and data secure. Enterprises often end up adopting separate solutions for enterprise applications, cloud applications and mobile device management -- with increased cost, complexity and risk. Instead, what companies need is a complete and integrated identity management platform that can help ensure the security of their data, regardless of where it is accessed, or through which kind of device. With the latest updates to the Oracle Identity Management platform, Oracle is providing organizations with new and enhanced features to further secure enterprise, cloud and mobile applications. Oracle refers to this expanding technology perimeter as the Extended Enterprise, which includes employees, customers, contractors, partners and their respective devices and applications that reside within the enterprise or in public or private clouds.
- Further extending Oracle's commitment to deliver the leading integrated identity management platform, Oracle today introduced enhancements to Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2.
- With these enhancements, Oracle enables organizations to extend consistent access policies and controls beyond enterprise applications and systems to cloud-based systems and mobile devices. By providing consistent identity management across these environments, Oracle is helping organizations lower management costs and safeguard against security and operational risks.
- Oracle will hold a live Webcast today at 10:00 am PDT to share further details about the updates to Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2.
Securing Enterprise, Cloud and Mobile Environments
Key new features and functionality in the latest Oracle Identity Management 11g R2 release include:
- Oracle Mobile Security Suite: Secures corporate applications and data on personal devices used for work purposes (BYOD) and delivers a consistent user experience across channels by extending identity services, such as fraud detection, user registration, access request, self-service password management and authorization management, to customer and employee digital interactions. Enables organizations to secure consumer facing mobile apps, distributed through popular app stores.
- Cloud Access Portal: Extends the range of eSSO beyond Windows desktops and enables users to have single sign-on access to SaaS applications from a simple and personalized launch pad, available on any device, tablet or workstation including applications that require a username and password. As a result, users don't have to remember complex passwords for a plethora of SaaS systems, and enterprises can restrict access to cloud applications from outside the enterprise.
- Oracle Mobile Authenticator: Provides a mobile application to simplify strong authentication, replacing corporate-issued hardware tokens at a fraction of the cost. Oracle Mobile Authenticator is available for iOS and Android.
- Expanded Support for OAuth: Supports 2- and 3-legged OAuth as well as more complex use cases of obtaining consent of a user before a third party consumer application can access information on a service provider's application site. This enables organizations to create more powerful and cloud-connected applications than previously possible, and enables new economic and business relationships that would previously have to be developed with proprietary technology.
- Content Management Security: Provides granular access control to documents managed by Oracle WebCenter Suite and Microsoft SharePoint, using a policy-based model. As a result, management of unstructured data can be simplified and made more secure by leveraging attributes such as role, location and clearance level.
- Improved Governance: New session management and recording capabilities for privileged users allow auditors to know "who did what" and provide forensics in case of a data breach. Additionally, a number of improvements have been made to simplify how enterprise users request access to systems and how managers certify user access.
- Improved Performance: Additional features and performance enhancements in Oracle Access Management include:
- The new release improves performance by as much as 20 percent, compared to the previous version.
- Oracle Access Management is now certified to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, providing elastic scale.
- Enhanced Lifecycle Management: A new installation and patching wizard, which helps automate installation and configuration of Oracle Identity Management, can cut the time to deploy and patch highly available multi-node systems by up to 5X, and can reduce the time and complexity of managing a highly available clustered environment for directory, access and governance. The release also features a production deployment checklist that can speed up and simplify large scale deployments.
- "Cloud and mobile applications are becoming more pervasive in the enterprise, but the security of these applications and the data accessed by them continues to be a concern," said Amit Jasuja, senior vice president Java and Identity Management, Oracle. "With the latest release of Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, Oracle is providing organizations with the most advanced and comprehensive identity management platform. As a result, organizations can realize the full potential of cloud and mobile applications while helping to ensure that valuable company data remains secure."
- "As First National Bank of Omaha continues to invest in our mobile strategy, security will be one of the most important considerations for us, and our customers, going forward. Our decision to leverage our current investment in Oracle Identity Management suite came after we considered their vision and strategy for mobile. Working closely with the senior leadership within Oracle has also been key to our decision. Oracle's openness to listen to our desire to balance ease of use with advanced technology has been very refreshing. We are excited by the collaboration and what it can bring to our customers," said Jim Cole, senior vice president, CIO, First National Bank of Omaha.
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle Access Management
- Register for today's Webcast.
- Blog Post: Save the Date: April 10, 2014 @ 10:00 am PDT - IDM 11gR2 PS2 Webcast
- Blog Post: Major Themes of the IDM 11gR2 PS2 Release
- Blog Post: What's new in PS2? Many enhancements to Identity Governance
- Follow Oracle Identity Management on Twitter, Facebook, Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 24, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,966
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 24, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,857
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,119
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 24, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,214
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 24, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 864
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,212
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,856
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,231
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 23, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,440
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,949
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,660
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,779
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,418
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,800
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,875
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 884
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 23, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 824
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 23, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,897
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,728