|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As organizations increasingly adopt cloud and mobile applications, user identities are proliferating and becoming unmanageable. This causes organizations to struggle to embrace new business opportunities while keeping their corporate user information and data secure. Enterprises often end up adopting separate solutions for enterprise applications, cloud applications and mobile device management -- with increased cost, complexity and risk. Instead, what companies need is a complete and integrated identity management platform that can help ensure the security of their data, regardless of where it is accessed, or through which kind of device. With the latest updates to the Oracle Identity Management platform, Oracle is providing organizations with new and enhanced features to further secure enterprise, cloud and mobile applications. Oracle refers to this expanding technology perimeter as the Extended Enterprise, which includes employees, customers, contractors, partners and their respective devices and applications that reside within the enterprise or in public or private clouds.
- Further extending Oracle's commitment to deliver the leading integrated identity management platform, Oracle today introduced enhancements to Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2.
- With these enhancements, Oracle enables organizations to extend consistent access policies and controls beyond enterprise applications and systems to cloud-based systems and mobile devices. By providing consistent identity management across these environments, Oracle is helping organizations lower management costs and safeguard against security and operational risks.
- Oracle will hold a live Webcast today at 10:00 am PDT to share further details about the updates to Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2.
Securing Enterprise, Cloud and Mobile Environments
Key new features and functionality in the latest Oracle Identity Management 11g R2 release include:
- Oracle Mobile Security Suite: Secures corporate applications and data on personal devices used for work purposes (BYOD) and delivers a consistent user experience across channels by extending identity services, such as fraud detection, user registration, access request, self-service password management and authorization management, to customer and employee digital interactions. Enables organizations to secure consumer facing mobile apps, distributed through popular app stores.
- Cloud Access Portal: Extends the range of eSSO beyond Windows desktops and enables users to have single sign-on access to SaaS applications from a simple and personalized launch pad, available on any device, tablet or workstation including applications that require a username and password. As a result, users don't have to remember complex passwords for a plethora of SaaS systems, and enterprises can restrict access to cloud applications from outside the enterprise.
- Oracle Mobile Authenticator: Provides a mobile application to simplify strong authentication, replacing corporate-issued hardware tokens at a fraction of the cost. Oracle Mobile Authenticator is available for iOS and Android.
- Expanded Support for OAuth: Supports 2- and 3-legged OAuth as well as more complex use cases of obtaining consent of a user before a third party consumer application can access information on a service provider's application site. This enables organizations to create more powerful and cloud-connected applications than previously possible, and enables new economic and business relationships that would previously have to be developed with proprietary technology.
- Content Management Security: Provides granular access control to documents managed by Oracle WebCenter Suite and Microsoft SharePoint, using a policy-based model. As a result, management of unstructured data can be simplified and made more secure by leveraging attributes such as role, location and clearance level.
- Improved Governance: New session management and recording capabilities for privileged users allow auditors to know "who did what" and provide forensics in case of a data breach. Additionally, a number of improvements have been made to simplify how enterprise users request access to systems and how managers certify user access.
- Improved Performance: Additional features and performance enhancements in Oracle Access Management include:
- The new release improves performance by as much as 20 percent, compared to the previous version.
- Oracle Access Management is now certified to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, providing elastic scale.
- Enhanced Lifecycle Management: A new installation and patching wizard, which helps automate installation and configuration of Oracle Identity Management, can cut the time to deploy and patch highly available multi-node systems by up to 5X, and can reduce the time and complexity of managing a highly available clustered environment for directory, access and governance. The release also features a production deployment checklist that can speed up and simplify large scale deployments.
- "Cloud and mobile applications are becoming more pervasive in the enterprise, but the security of these applications and the data accessed by them continues to be a concern," said Amit Jasuja, senior vice president Java and Identity Management, Oracle. "With the latest release of Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, Oracle is providing organizations with the most advanced and comprehensive identity management platform. As a result, organizations can realize the full potential of cloud and mobile applications while helping to ensure that valuable company data remains secure."
- "As First National Bank of Omaha continues to invest in our mobile strategy, security will be one of the most important considerations for us, and our customers, going forward. Our decision to leverage our current investment in Oracle Identity Management suite came after we considered their vision and strategy for mobile. Working closely with the senior leadership within Oracle has also been key to our decision. Oracle's openness to listen to our desire to balance ease of use with advanced technology has been very refreshing. We are excited by the collaboration and what it can bring to our customers," said Jim Cole, senior vice president, CIO, First National Bank of Omaha.
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle Access Management
- Register for today's Webcast.
- Blog Post: Save the Date: April 10, 2014 @ 10:00 am PDT - IDM 11gR2 PS2 Webcast
- Blog Post: Major Themes of the IDM 11gR2 PS2 Release
- Blog Post: What's new in PS2? Many enhancements to Identity Governance
- Follow Oracle Identity Management on Twitter, Facebook, Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 275
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,964
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,711
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,742
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,657
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,594
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:26 PM EDT Reads: 200
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,552
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,206
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,869
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,069
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,491
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,785
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,737
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 27, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,007
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 27, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 963
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,603
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,193
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Sep. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,878
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Sep. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,178