|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As organizations increasingly adopt cloud and mobile applications, user identities are proliferating and becoming unmanageable. This causes organizations to struggle to embrace new business opportunities while keeping their corporate user information and data secure. Enterprises often end up adopting separate solutions for enterprise applications, cloud applications and mobile device management -- with increased cost, complexity and risk. Instead, what companies need is a complete and integrated identity management platform that can help ensure the security of their data, regardless of where it is accessed, or through which kind of device. With the latest updates to the Oracle Identity Management platform, Oracle is providing organizations with new and enhanced features to further secure enterprise, cloud and mobile applications. Oracle refers to this expanding technology perimeter as the Extended Enterprise, which includes employees, customers, contractors, partners and their respective devices and applications that reside within the enterprise or in public or private clouds.
- Further extending Oracle's commitment to deliver the leading integrated identity management platform, Oracle today introduced enhancements to Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2.
- With these enhancements, Oracle enables organizations to extend consistent access policies and controls beyond enterprise applications and systems to cloud-based systems and mobile devices. By providing consistent identity management across these environments, Oracle is helping organizations lower management costs and safeguard against security and operational risks.
- Oracle will hold a live Webcast today at 10:00 am PDT to share further details about the updates to Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2.
Securing Enterprise, Cloud and Mobile Environments
Key new features and functionality in the latest Oracle Identity Management 11g R2 release include:
- Oracle Mobile Security Suite: Secures corporate applications and data on personal devices used for work purposes (BYOD) and delivers a consistent user experience across channels by extending identity services, such as fraud detection, user registration, access request, self-service password management and authorization management, to customer and employee digital interactions. Enables organizations to secure consumer facing mobile apps, distributed through popular app stores.
- Cloud Access Portal: Extends the range of eSSO beyond Windows desktops and enables users to have single sign-on access to SaaS applications from a simple and personalized launch pad, available on any device, tablet or workstation including applications that require a username and password. As a result, users don't have to remember complex passwords for a plethora of SaaS systems, and enterprises can restrict access to cloud applications from outside the enterprise.
- Oracle Mobile Authenticator: Provides a mobile application to simplify strong authentication, replacing corporate-issued hardware tokens at a fraction of the cost. Oracle Mobile Authenticator is available for iOS and Android.
- Expanded Support for OAuth: Supports 2- and 3-legged OAuth as well as more complex use cases of obtaining consent of a user before a third party consumer application can access information on a service provider's application site. This enables organizations to create more powerful and cloud-connected applications than previously possible, and enables new economic and business relationships that would previously have to be developed with proprietary technology.
- Content Management Security: Provides granular access control to documents managed by Oracle WebCenter Suite and Microsoft SharePoint, using a policy-based model. As a result, management of unstructured data can be simplified and made more secure by leveraging attributes such as role, location and clearance level.
- Improved Governance: New session management and recording capabilities for privileged users allow auditors to know "who did what" and provide forensics in case of a data breach. Additionally, a number of improvements have been made to simplify how enterprise users request access to systems and how managers certify user access.
- Improved Performance: Additional features and performance enhancements in Oracle Access Management include:
- The new release improves performance by as much as 20 percent, compared to the previous version.
- Oracle Access Management is now certified to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, providing elastic scale.
- Enhanced Lifecycle Management: A new installation and patching wizard, which helps automate installation and configuration of Oracle Identity Management, can cut the time to deploy and patch highly available multi-node systems by up to 5X, and can reduce the time and complexity of managing a highly available clustered environment for directory, access and governance. The release also features a production deployment checklist that can speed up and simplify large scale deployments.
- "Cloud and mobile applications are becoming more pervasive in the enterprise, but the security of these applications and the data accessed by them continues to be a concern," said Amit Jasuja, senior vice president Java and Identity Management, Oracle. "With the latest release of Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, Oracle is providing organizations with the most advanced and comprehensive identity management platform. As a result, organizations can realize the full potential of cloud and mobile applications while helping to ensure that valuable company data remains secure."
- "As First National Bank of Omaha continues to invest in our mobile strategy, security will be one of the most important considerations for us, and our customers, going forward. Our decision to leverage our current investment in Oracle Identity Management suite came after we considered their vision and strategy for mobile. Working closely with the senior leadership within Oracle has also been key to our decision. Oracle's openness to listen to our desire to balance ease of use with advanced technology has been very refreshing. We are excited by the collaboration and what it can bring to our customers," said Jim Cole, senior vice president, CIO, First National Bank of Omaha.
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle Access Management
- Register for today's Webcast.
- Blog Post: Save the Date: April 10, 2014 @ 10:00 am PDT - IDM 11gR2 PS2 Webcast
- Blog Post: Major Themes of the IDM 11gR2 PS2 Release
- Blog Post: What's new in PS2? Many enhancements to Identity Governance
- Follow Oracle Identity Management on Twitter, Facebook, Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 247
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 12, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 454
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) extended its Internet of Things technology platform with performance enhancements to Gen5 – its fifth generation critical infrastructure networking platform. Already delivering nearly 23 million devices on five continents as one of the leading networking providers in the market, Silver Spring announced it is doubling the maximum speed of its Gen5 network to up to 2.4 Mbps, increasing computational performance by 10x, supporting simultaneous mesh communic...
Feb. 12, 2016 05:00 AM EST
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 223
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 403
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 281
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 11, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 123
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 11, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 415
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 11, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 443
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, will discuss how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from mil...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:45 PM EST
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 11, 2016 01:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 441
WebSocket is effectively a persistent and fat pipe that is compatible with a standard web infrastructure; a "TCP for the Web." If you think of WebSocket in this light, there are other more hugely interesting applications of WebSocket than just simply sending data to a browser. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Frank Greco, Director of Technology for Kaazing Corporation, will compare other modern web connectivity methods such as HTTP/2, HTTP Streaming, Server-Sent Events and new W3C event APIs ...
Feb. 11, 2016 12:00 PM EST
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 11, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 217
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:30 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 252
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 135
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 11, 2016 10:15 AM EST
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 11, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 208
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 11, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 118