|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As organizations increasingly adopt cloud and mobile applications, user identities are proliferating and becoming unmanageable. This causes organizations to struggle to embrace new business opportunities while keeping their corporate user information and data secure. Enterprises often end up adopting separate solutions for enterprise applications, cloud applications and mobile device management -- with increased cost, complexity and risk. Instead, what companies need is a complete and integrated identity management platform that can help ensure the security of their data, regardless of where it is accessed, or through which kind of device. With the latest updates to the Oracle Identity Management platform, Oracle is providing organizations with new and enhanced features to further secure enterprise, cloud and mobile applications. Oracle refers to this expanding technology perimeter as the Extended Enterprise, which includes employees, customers, contractors, partners and their respective devices and applications that reside within the enterprise or in public or private clouds.
- Further extending Oracle's commitment to deliver the leading integrated identity management platform, Oracle today introduced enhancements to Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2.
- With these enhancements, Oracle enables organizations to extend consistent access policies and controls beyond enterprise applications and systems to cloud-based systems and mobile devices. By providing consistent identity management across these environments, Oracle is helping organizations lower management costs and safeguard against security and operational risks.
- Oracle will hold a live Webcast today at 10:00 am PDT to share further details about the updates to Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2.
Securing Enterprise, Cloud and Mobile Environments
Key new features and functionality in the latest Oracle Identity Management 11g R2 release include:
- Oracle Mobile Security Suite: Secures corporate applications and data on personal devices used for work purposes (BYOD) and delivers a consistent user experience across channels by extending identity services, such as fraud detection, user registration, access request, self-service password management and authorization management, to customer and employee digital interactions. Enables organizations to secure consumer facing mobile apps, distributed through popular app stores.
- Cloud Access Portal: Extends the range of eSSO beyond Windows desktops and enables users to have single sign-on access to SaaS applications from a simple and personalized launch pad, available on any device, tablet or workstation including applications that require a username and password. As a result, users don't have to remember complex passwords for a plethora of SaaS systems, and enterprises can restrict access to cloud applications from outside the enterprise.
- Oracle Mobile Authenticator: Provides a mobile application to simplify strong authentication, replacing corporate-issued hardware tokens at a fraction of the cost. Oracle Mobile Authenticator is available for iOS and Android.
- Expanded Support for OAuth: Supports 2- and 3-legged OAuth as well as more complex use cases of obtaining consent of a user before a third party consumer application can access information on a service provider's application site. This enables organizations to create more powerful and cloud-connected applications than previously possible, and enables new economic and business relationships that would previously have to be developed with proprietary technology.
- Content Management Security: Provides granular access control to documents managed by Oracle WebCenter Suite and Microsoft SharePoint, using a policy-based model. As a result, management of unstructured data can be simplified and made more secure by leveraging attributes such as role, location and clearance level.
- Improved Governance: New session management and recording capabilities for privileged users allow auditors to know "who did what" and provide forensics in case of a data breach. Additionally, a number of improvements have been made to simplify how enterprise users request access to systems and how managers certify user access.
- Improved Performance: Additional features and performance enhancements in Oracle Access Management include:
- The new release improves performance by as much as 20 percent, compared to the previous version.
- Oracle Access Management is now certified to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, providing elastic scale.
- Enhanced Lifecycle Management: A new installation and patching wizard, which helps automate installation and configuration of Oracle Identity Management, can cut the time to deploy and patch highly available multi-node systems by up to 5X, and can reduce the time and complexity of managing a highly available clustered environment for directory, access and governance. The release also features a production deployment checklist that can speed up and simplify large scale deployments.
- "Cloud and mobile applications are becoming more pervasive in the enterprise, but the security of these applications and the data accessed by them continues to be a concern," said Amit Jasuja, senior vice president Java and Identity Management, Oracle. "With the latest release of Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, Oracle is providing organizations with the most advanced and comprehensive identity management platform. As a result, organizations can realize the full potential of cloud and mobile applications while helping to ensure that valuable company data remains secure."
- "As First National Bank of Omaha continues to invest in our mobile strategy, security will be one of the most important considerations for us, and our customers, going forward. Our decision to leverage our current investment in Oracle Identity Management suite came after we considered their vision and strategy for mobile. Working closely with the senior leadership within Oracle has also been key to our decision. Oracle's openness to listen to our desire to balance ease of use with advanced technology has been very refreshing. We are excited by the collaboration and what it can bring to our customers," said Jim Cole, senior vice president, CIO, First National Bank of Omaha.
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle Access Management
- Register for today's Webcast.
- Blog Post: Save the Date: April 10, 2014 @ 10:00 am PDT - IDM 11gR2 PS2 Webcast
- Blog Post: Major Themes of the IDM 11gR2 PS2 Release
- Blog Post: What's new in PS2? Many enhancements to Identity Governance
- Follow Oracle Identity Management on Twitter, Facebook, Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 27, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 348
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 27, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 360
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 363
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 356
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 763
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,160
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,233
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,243
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 852
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,057
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 27, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 902
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 27, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,078
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,328
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,245
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,300
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,369
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,318
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,157
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,378
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Jun. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,653