|By Marketwired .||
|April 16, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/16/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance enables rapid, repeatable software-defined infrastructure deployment for virtually any x86 application and workload. An easy-to-deploy, integrated system with the elasticity needed for cloud computing, customers can go from power on to production in about an hour(1) and deploy ready-to-run virtual machines in just a few minutes. The latest release, Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance X4-2, delivers increased computing power, faster data processing and cloud lifecycle management capabilities via its integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Oracle today announced Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance X4-2. Engineered for easy application virtualization, it accelerates time-to-application use by enabling rapid, repeatable, full-stack virtual infrastructure deployment.
- The Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance is a "wire-once" engineered system that comes fully assembled and ready to run production workloads with minimal, software-defined configuration, which can save customers hundreds of hours in labor and lower the risk of physical and software configuration errors.
- The latest release offers increased computing power in the same footprint and faster I/O and data processing using Oracle's Sun Server X4-2 systems and Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance ZS3 Series, further reducing the cost and complexity of deploying and consolidating enterprise applications. For added investment protection, customers can add compute one server at a time and mix server generations in the same base rack.
- Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance is a turnkey solution for flexible private cloud platforms that can be used with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to deploy cloud services ranging from Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to Database as a Service (DBaaS) with features such as automated provisioning, elasticity and cloud governance (showback, quota, access controls).
- Oracle will host a Webcast today at 10 a.m. PT to discuss the Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance in more detail.
Rapid Infrastructure Provisioning, Easy Application Deployment
- Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance Controller software automates the installation, configuration, and management of infrastructure components at the push of a button, providing rapid infrastructure provisioning.
- The Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance enables customers to deploy applications rapidly using Oracle VM Templates and assemblies. Oracle Virtual Networking allows new networks to be added dynamically and existing networks to be modified without manually modifying cabling.
- Able to run Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, other Linux distributions and Microsoft Windows side by side, customers can consolidate multiple applications onto one platform with Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance.
- The Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance supports Oracle Trusted Partitions, which gives customers the flexibility to license Oracle software on a vCPU basis.
- Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance can access existing Oracle's ZS3 Series as well as other NFS and iSCSI storage for additional capacity, further extending ROI of data center assets.
- Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance combined with the Application Engineered Storage benefits of Oracle's ZS3 Series enables the deployment of a fully virtualized Oracle Database and application environment with greater storage efficiency, performance and automated database storage management than is available with non-Oracle storage.
- "The Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance exemplifies Oracle's unique ability to engineer hardware and software together, providing a superior solution that's easy to deploy and use without requiring major infrastructure changes," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "This engineered system can significantly cut provisioning time and offers investment protection by allowing customers to mix server generations in the same rack. It's value that's resonating with customers across industries including cloud service providers, financial services, and public sector."
- "As a leading provider of business consulting solutions and 24x7 managed services for Oracle Applications, Tier 1 is using Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance to deliver high-quality private cloud services for a range of Oracle and third-party applications. With technology already engineered and integrated together, the Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance allows us to enable our clients to spend more time adding value to their company and less time managing the day-to-day issues that come with supporting their own Oracle environment," said Edward Eichler, Chief Operating Officer, Tier1 Inc.
- Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle VM
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Linux
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle Virtual Networking
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
- Oracle VM on Facebook, Twitter, Blog
- Oracle Linux on Facebook, Twitter, Blog
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Average time for an initial deployment of an Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance system.
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 24, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 5,454
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 24, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,800
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Feb. 24, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,825
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 24, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 13,204
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Ca...
Feb. 24, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 9,541
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Feb. 24, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,902
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Feb. 23, 2017 11:30 PM EST Reads: 6,309
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Feb. 23, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 7,025
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Feb. 23, 2017 10:00 PM EST Reads: 4,620
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 23, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,538
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 23, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,309
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 23, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,465
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Feb. 23, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,409
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 23, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,466
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Feb. 23, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 6,302
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 23, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,732
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Feb. 23, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 13,074
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 23, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,525
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 23, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,240
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Feb. 23, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,988