|By Marketwired .||
|April 28, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/28/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Businesses today are faced with an ever-growing volume of data originating from both inside and outside the firewall that, if leveraged properly, can offer a competitive advantage and drive growth. In order to capitalize on this opportunity, organizations must overcome a wealth of challenges including cost-effective data governance, ensuring timely and reliable access to trusted data, accommodating different data types, sources, and deployment styles in hybrid IT environments. To meet these needs, Oracle Data Integration offers an integrated software platform that provides enterprises access to trusted data in bulk or real-time, in any format, varying from traditional transactional systems or big data, for various data integration patterns including data replication, data transformation, E-LT, data virtualization, and data services. Leveraging this comprehensive and integrated data integration solution, Oracle customers can achieve operational excellence, deliver greater customer experience, and stay ahead of competition.
- To reduce costs and drive business growth, organizations across the world continue to choose Oracle Data Integration for pervasive and continuous access to trusted data across Oracle and third-party technologies.
- More than 4,500 organizations spanning nearly every industry are using Oracle Data Integration to cost-effectively manage and create value from ever-growing streams of structured and unstructured data, and address emerging deployment styles. Recent customers include ICON, SolarWorld and Tukas Food. These recent customers join Avea, Land O'Lakes, Raymond James, Schneider National, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., and Ufone, who are using Oracle Data Integration products for strategic data initiatives in their enterprise.
- In addition, many industry leading partners, including BIAS, Bristlecone, Cintra, and Rittman Mead leverage Oracle Data Integration to provide their customers with reliable and cost-effective data integration and replication.
- With the recent releases of Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c, Oracle continues to enhance its comprehensive data integration offering.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c provide organizations with extreme performance and simplified solutions that helps companies keep pace with new data-oriented technology trends such as cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time operational intelligence, and continuous data availability.
- In addition to offering comprehensive big data integration capabilities, Oracle Data Integrator 12c helps improve developer productivity and lower total cost of ownership by delivering high-performance data movement and transformation across heterogeneous platforms with its open and integrated architecture.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c offers tight integration with Oracle GoldenGate 12c, increased developer productivity with a new flow-based declarative design, and a new migration tool that enables seamless transition from Oracle Warehouse Builder.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c delivers extreme performance with simplified configuration options while expanding its heterogeneity with support for the latest versions of major databases. The newly supported database versions include Microsoft SQL Server 2012, MySQL 5.6, MySQL Cluster 7.3, IBM DB2 LUW 10.1 and 10.5, IBM DB2 Remote, Sybase 15.7, and Teradata 14.10.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c also offers optimized support for Oracle Database 12c and provides a strong foundation for seamless private cloud deployments.
- Oracle Data Integration has gained notable industry recognition, with Gartner positioning Oracle in the Leaders quadrant in its July 17, 2013 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools. Furthermore, in its latest Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools Vendor Shares report(1) IDC named Oracle a leader in data replication with the combination of Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Management Packs offerings.
- Oracle Data Integration is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- "In today's data-driven business environment, organizations are faced with the complexity of managing large collections of data from a variety of sources," said Brad Adelberg, vice president, Development, Oracle. "As the industry-leading data integration solution, Oracle Data Integration provides high-performance, streamlined solutions that help increase productivity and drive innovation using big data. Oracle's tightly integrated data integration solution enables our customers to achieve operational excellence and to deliver better customer experience, leading to sustainable competitive advantage."
- "Oracle Data Integrator enables us to align clinical trials intelligence with the information needs of our sponsors," said Diarmaid O'Reilly, enterprise data warehouse manager, ICON plc. "It helps differentiate ICON's services in an increasingly competitive drug-development industry."
- "With Oracle GoldenGate 11g, we've been able to migrate our enterprise-wide implementation of Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, ERP system, to a new database and application server platform with minimal downtime to our business," said Rich Bellefeuille, manager, ETL & data warehouse, Land O'Lakes. "Using Oracle GoldenGate 11g we reduced database migration time from nearly 30 hours to less than 30 minutes. Given our quick success, we are considering expansion of our Oracle GoldenGate 12c footprint. We are also in the midst of deploying a solution leveraging Oracle Data Integrator 12c to manage our pricing data to handle orders more effectively and provide a better relationship with our clients. We feel we are gaining higher productivity and flexibility with Oracle's data integration products."
- "We use Oracle GoldenGate for real-time data integration into our decision support system, which performs real-time analysis for manufacturing operations to continuously improve product quality, yield and efficiency," said Russ Toyama, U.S. senior database administrator, SolarWorld. "With reliable and low-impact data movement capabilities, Oracle GoldenGate also helps ensure that our critical manufacturing systems are stable and operate with high performance."
- "We leverage Oracle GoldenGate to replicate data from our central reservations systems and other OLTP databases -- significantly decreasing the overall ETL duration," said Gordon Light, senior director of information technology, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. "Moving forward, we plan to use Oracle GoldenGate to help the company achieve near-real-time reporting."
- "Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate help us integrate information from various systems and provide up-to-date and real-time CRM data updates hourly, rather than daily," said Atif Aslam, head of management information systems, Ufone. "The applications have simplified data warehouse operations and allowed business users to make faster and better informed decisions to protect revenue in the fast-moving Pakistani telecommunications market."
- Oracle Data Integration
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Connect with Oracle Data Integration via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) IDC, Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools 2013-2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares, Doc # 242376, Jul 2013
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 698
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 316
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 342
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 6, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 328
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 6, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 528
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 103
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 6, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 323
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 763
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 5, 2016 10:00 AM EST
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 399
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 832
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 915
The IoT's basic concept of collecting data from as many sources possible to drive better decision making, create process innovation and realize additional revenue has been in use at large enterprises with deep pockets for decades. So what has changed? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Prasanna Sivaramakrishnan, Solutions Architect at Red Hat, discussed the impact commodity hardware, ubiquitous connectivity, and innovations in open source software are having on the connected universe of people, thi...
Jan. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 712
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Jan. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,131
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, showed how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants received the download information, scripts, and complete end-t...
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,190
For manufacturers, the Internet of Things (IoT) represents a jumping-off point for innovation, jobs, and revenue creation. But to adequately seize the opportunity, manufacturers must design devices that are interconnected, can continually sense their environment and process huge amounts of data. As a first step, manufacturers must embrace a new product development ecosystem in order to support these products.
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 790
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, discussed how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the dat...
Jan. 30, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 757
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Jan. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,253