|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To reduce costs and become as agile as possible, organizations today are increasingly seeking to move business-critical mainframe applications to open systems and cloud environments. However, to do so can often imply complex, costly and resource-heavy application migration projects, which deter companies from undertaking such migrations. As a result, organizations need a scalable, reliable and high-performance application migration solution that can help them transition to open systems and the cloud faster and with minimal impact on the mainframe-skilled IT personnel. Today Oracle has introduced the latest release of its mainframe application rehosting platform, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c, to help organizations speed up migration projects and accelerate the adoption of the new environment by current IT staff.
- Enabling organizations to accelerate the rehosting of IBM mainframe applications and greatly enhance management and supportability of the rehosted applications while reducing costs and risk, Oracle today introduced the latest release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c helps organizations significantly reduce IT costs by rapidly rehosting large-scale mainframe applications and running them more efficiently on traditional Linux/UNIX servers, Oracle Engineered Systems and in enterprise clouds. This release delivers up to 30% higher performance for CICS and IMS applications, leverages additional Tuxedo 12c optimizations on Exalogic, and enables rehosted IMS applications for rapid configuration and virtual-machine based provisioning using Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder.
- This release of Tuxedo Application Runtimes for CICS, IMS, and batch broadens covered APIs and utilities, supports C applications, and features more of the traditional mainframe integrations channels, including CICS APPC, CICS Web Services, MQ-IMS bridge, and IMS ODBA.
- The new release also offers rich CICS and IMS integration options to extend rehosted applications using native Java services, Tuxedo JCA adapter for J2EE, IBM WebSphere MQ, and simpler Web Services/RESTful integration.
- The new release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c features enhanced operations, administration and management capabilities provided in conjunction with Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c Plus (Oracle TSAMPlus). These capabilities simplify adoption and enhance supportability by providing ISPF integration, native JCL job support, role-based security, and mainframe-style batch production operations with out-of-the-box availability and service level monitoring using Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench helps accelerate the entire migration lifecycle, lower migration cost and risk, and reduce time to ROI by providing enhanced usability and extensibility, improved coverage for IBM JCL and DB2 SQL, and new deployment configuration capabilities.
- Powered by Oracle Tuxedo 12c, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c is the most complete, scalable, reliable and high-performance mainframe rehosting platform, and as the industry's only rehosting solution optimized for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, it can deliver up to 7x performance gains compared to conventional servers.
Enabling Faster Application Rehosting, Easier Adoption and Greater Supportability of the New Environment to Reduce Risk and Speed up Savings
- Streamline and Accelerate Rehosting: Greater automated coverage, pre-built configuration templates, expanded data migration tools, and easy-to-use configuration wizards streamline the migration process for customers and partners. The rehosting process is accelerated and simplified with enhanced migration and deployment tools, which lower migration risk and enable MIPS reduction or mainframe decommissioning to begin sooner.
- Accelerate Integration & Simplify Application Evolution: New features in CICS and IMS runtimes, such as APPC and Web Services support for rehosted CICS applications, and MQ-IMS Bridge and native ATMI gateway for rehosted IMS applications provide out-of-the-box integration channels. To further extend the rehosted applications new capabilities in Oracle Tuxedo ART 12.1.3 Java services, Oracle Tuxedo JCA Adapter 12.1.3, and new support for RESTful services in Oracle Services Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo (SALT) 12.1.3, simplify the process and help reduce the time to extend rehosted applications with Java and Web/RESTful Services.
- Simplify Implementation & Management: Mainframe developers and operations staff can transition to the new environment without a significant learning curve with the new ISPF integration and ART batch operations extensions, native JCL support, and enhanced diagnostics and debugging integration with COBOL compilers and IDEs. For even greater supportability, this release provides enhanced real-time monitoring and detailed tracing in TSAMPlus for CICS, IMS, and batch applications, as well as extended performance and availability management, batch service levels monitoring, ABEND notification and handling, system utilization reporting, job log archival and search, and Web UI for batch operations, all from a "single pane of glass," through an Oracle TSAMPlus plug-in to Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Enhance Security: Role-based security for batch operations enables a more flexible and easy-to-manage mechanism for securing access to production and non-production jobs through built-in integration of batch runtime with LDAP and Oracle Entitlement Server.
- "IMEX, Surecomp's flagship bank back office trade finance system, has been successfully migrated from IBM CICS and is now certified on Linux with Oracle Tuxedo 12c and Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 12c. IMEX incorporates the latest technological trends as well trade finance market requirements. Given that IMEX originated on CICS mainframe, the migration to Oracle Tuxedo ART is a major evolution milestone," said Eyal Ramon, vice president, Head of Global Customer Delivery, Surecomp. "This migration milestone could not have been achieved in the project timeframe without the strong CICS runtime provided by Tuxedo ART 12c. The new Tuxedo 12.1.3 runtime for CICS provides effective support for the CICS functionality required by IMEX. IMEX users can now run their trade finance operations on Linux at a fraction of the cost of mainframe MIPS."
- "Even when customers recognize the benefits of moving to open, flexible and scalable platforms, the transition to the rehosted environment can be challenging to some organizations, with perceived concerns regarding operations and supportability in the new world compared to their mainframe experience," said Frank Xiong, group vice president, Oracle Software Development. "Oracle Tuxedo ART 12cR2 products greatly simplify this transition process by providing native mainframe equivalent capabilities, supporting familiar operation interfaces, and greatly extending real-time monitoring and supportability of the migrated applications. This gives customers the confidence they need to transition to the new platform for rehosted applications and reduce IT costs."
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for CICS and Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for IMS
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 309
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,539
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,775
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,621
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,668
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 870
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,414
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 981
The paradigm has shifted. A Gartner survey shows that 43% of organizations are using or plan to implement the Internet of Things in 2016. However, not just a handful of companies are still using the old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways, unaware of the critical barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can you become a winner? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will present a methodical approach to guide the holistic adoption and enablement of IoT implementations. This ov...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,547
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 845
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 794
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 775
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,493
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
Apr. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,653
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Apr. 29, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,235
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
Apr. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 494
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
Apr. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,425
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
Apr. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,118
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,005
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 856