|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To reduce costs and become as agile as possible, organizations today are increasingly seeking to move business-critical mainframe applications to open systems and cloud environments. However, to do so can often imply complex, costly and resource-heavy application migration projects, which deter companies from undertaking such migrations. As a result, organizations need a scalable, reliable and high-performance application migration solution that can help them transition to open systems and the cloud faster and with minimal impact on the mainframe-skilled IT personnel. Today Oracle has introduced the latest release of its mainframe application rehosting platform, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c, to help organizations speed up migration projects and accelerate the adoption of the new environment by current IT staff.
- Enabling organizations to accelerate the rehosting of IBM mainframe applications and greatly enhance management and supportability of the rehosted applications while reducing costs and risk, Oracle today introduced the latest release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c helps organizations significantly reduce IT costs by rapidly rehosting large-scale mainframe applications and running them more efficiently on traditional Linux/UNIX servers, Oracle Engineered Systems and in enterprise clouds. This release delivers up to 30% higher performance for CICS and IMS applications, leverages additional Tuxedo 12c optimizations on Exalogic, and enables rehosted IMS applications for rapid configuration and virtual-machine based provisioning using Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder.
- This release of Tuxedo Application Runtimes for CICS, IMS, and batch broadens covered APIs and utilities, supports C applications, and features more of the traditional mainframe integrations channels, including CICS APPC, CICS Web Services, MQ-IMS bridge, and IMS ODBA.
- The new release also offers rich CICS and IMS integration options to extend rehosted applications using native Java services, Tuxedo JCA adapter for J2EE, IBM WebSphere MQ, and simpler Web Services/RESTful integration.
- The new release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c features enhanced operations, administration and management capabilities provided in conjunction with Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c Plus (Oracle TSAMPlus). These capabilities simplify adoption and enhance supportability by providing ISPF integration, native JCL job support, role-based security, and mainframe-style batch production operations with out-of-the-box availability and service level monitoring using Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench helps accelerate the entire migration lifecycle, lower migration cost and risk, and reduce time to ROI by providing enhanced usability and extensibility, improved coverage for IBM JCL and DB2 SQL, and new deployment configuration capabilities.
- Powered by Oracle Tuxedo 12c, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c is the most complete, scalable, reliable and high-performance mainframe rehosting platform, and as the industry's only rehosting solution optimized for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, it can deliver up to 7x performance gains compared to conventional servers.
Enabling Faster Application Rehosting, Easier Adoption and Greater Supportability of the New Environment to Reduce Risk and Speed up Savings
- Streamline and Accelerate Rehosting: Greater automated coverage, pre-built configuration templates, expanded data migration tools, and easy-to-use configuration wizards streamline the migration process for customers and partners. The rehosting process is accelerated and simplified with enhanced migration and deployment tools, which lower migration risk and enable MIPS reduction or mainframe decommissioning to begin sooner.
- Accelerate Integration & Simplify Application Evolution: New features in CICS and IMS runtimes, such as APPC and Web Services support for rehosted CICS applications, and MQ-IMS Bridge and native ATMI gateway for rehosted IMS applications provide out-of-the-box integration channels. To further extend the rehosted applications new capabilities in Oracle Tuxedo ART 12.1.3 Java services, Oracle Tuxedo JCA Adapter 12.1.3, and new support for RESTful services in Oracle Services Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo (SALT) 12.1.3, simplify the process and help reduce the time to extend rehosted applications with Java and Web/RESTful Services.
- Simplify Implementation & Management: Mainframe developers and operations staff can transition to the new environment without a significant learning curve with the new ISPF integration and ART batch operations extensions, native JCL support, and enhanced diagnostics and debugging integration with COBOL compilers and IDEs. For even greater supportability, this release provides enhanced real-time monitoring and detailed tracing in TSAMPlus for CICS, IMS, and batch applications, as well as extended performance and availability management, batch service levels monitoring, ABEND notification and handling, system utilization reporting, job log archival and search, and Web UI for batch operations, all from a "single pane of glass," through an Oracle TSAMPlus plug-in to Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Enhance Security: Role-based security for batch operations enables a more flexible and easy-to-manage mechanism for securing access to production and non-production jobs through built-in integration of batch runtime with LDAP and Oracle Entitlement Server.
- "IMEX, Surecomp's flagship bank back office trade finance system, has been successfully migrated from IBM CICS and is now certified on Linux with Oracle Tuxedo 12c and Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 12c. IMEX incorporates the latest technological trends as well trade finance market requirements. Given that IMEX originated on CICS mainframe, the migration to Oracle Tuxedo ART is a major evolution milestone," said Eyal Ramon, vice president, Head of Global Customer Delivery, Surecomp. "This migration milestone could not have been achieved in the project timeframe without the strong CICS runtime provided by Tuxedo ART 12c. The new Tuxedo 12.1.3 runtime for CICS provides effective support for the CICS functionality required by IMEX. IMEX users can now run their trade finance operations on Linux at a fraction of the cost of mainframe MIPS."
- "Even when customers recognize the benefits of moving to open, flexible and scalable platforms, the transition to the rehosted environment can be challenging to some organizations, with perceived concerns regarding operations and supportability in the new world compared to their mainframe experience," said Frank Xiong, group vice president, Oracle Software Development. "Oracle Tuxedo ART 12cR2 products greatly simplify this transition process by providing native mainframe equivalent capabilities, supporting familiar operation interfaces, and greatly extending real-time monitoring and supportability of the migrated applications. This gives customers the confidence they need to transition to the new platform for rehosted applications and reduce IT costs."
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for CICS and Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for IMS
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
There is no doubt that Big Data is here and getting bigger every day. Building a Big Data infrastructure today is no easy task. There are an enormous number of choices for database engines and technologies. To make things even more challenging, requirements are getting more sophisticated, and the standard paradigm of supporting historical analytics queries is often just one facet of what is needed. As Big Data growth continues, organizations are demanding real-time access to data, allowing immediate and actionable interpretation of events as they happen. Another aspect concerns how to deliver ...
May. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,472
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY., and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides private all-in-one social intranets allowing workers to securely collaborate from anywhere in the world and from any device. Social, mobile, and easy to use. MangoApps has been named a "Market Leader" by Ovum Research and a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner...
May. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,251
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
May. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,748
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
May. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,151
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 3, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,164
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
May. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,337
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark and Intel Edison. You will also get an overview of cloud technologies s...
May. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,780
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
May. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,195
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
May. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,661
As we approach the next @ThingsExpo, to be held June 9-11 at the Javits Center in New York, my thoughts naturally turn to the Internet of Things. The IoT is a leviathan—in the best possible sense of the term—that will sweep up most everything in the ocean of data and technology being created today and tomorrow. But rather than try to grasp all of its possible uses, for today I'm looking at “just” the Industrial Internet part. I just read a long paper co-authored by Tim Berners-Lee about the possibility of describing a “web science,” that is, discipline that combines the study involved ...
May. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 656
Chuck Piluso will present a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Speaker Bio: Prior to Data Storage Corporation (DSC), Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Telecommunications Corporation, a facilities-based international carrier licensed by t...
May. 3, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 682
There are lots of challenges in IoT around secure, scalable and business friendly infrastructure for enterprises. For large corporations, IoT implementations are one of the top priorities of the decade. All industries are seeing a competitive need to sustain by investing in IoT initiatives. The value addition comes from improved customer service, innovative product and additional revenue streams. The data from these IP-connected devices can be leveraged for a variety of business applications as well as responsive action controls. The various architectural building blocks of an IoT ...
May. 3, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,037
The WebRTC Summit 2015 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
May. 3, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,012
Recent technology advances in miniaturization has positioned the wearables as the pinnacle of technology convergence with the human body. We inquire if wearables are mere standard miniaturized devices extended with the connectivity and present our views on considerations like design, applications, performance, efficiency, interoperability, usage scenarios, human device interaction and consequent trade-offs enabling wearables to impart optimal value.
May. 3, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,647
In this session we look at creating interactive communications via the web by adding messaging, file transfer, and group communication (group chat and audio/video conferencing) into the web experience. We will also discuss potential applications of this technology in areas including B2B, B2C, P2P, and gaming. Peter is Technical Director at Acision. He graduated from The University of Edinburgh in 2000 with a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science. After graduation Peter worked on a PSTN switch developing signalling stacks for SS7, ISDN and similar protocols and creating advanced routing and serv...
May. 3, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,752
The Internet of Things Maturity Model (IoTMM) is a qualitative method to gauge the growth and increasing impact of IoT capabilities in an IT environment from both a business and technology perspective. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will first scan the IoT landscape and investigate the major challenges and barriers. The key areas of consideration are identified to get started with IoT journey. He will then pinpoint the need of a tool for effective IoT adoption and implementation, which leads to IoTMM in which five maturity levels are defined: Advanced, Dynamic, Optimized, Primitive,...
May. 3, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 900
SYS-CON Events announced today that AIC, a leading provider of OEM/ODM server and storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AIC is a leading provider of both standard OTS, off-the-shelf, and OEM/ODM server and storage solutions. With expert in-house design capabilities, validation, manufacturing and production, AIC's broad selection of products are highly flexible and are configurable to any form factor or custom configuration. AIC leads the industry with nearly 20 years of ...
May. 3, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,704
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vicom Computer Services, Inc., a provider of technology and service solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. They are located at booth #427. Vicom Computer Services, Inc. is a progressive leader in the technology industry for over 30 years. Headquartered in the NY Metropolitan area. Vicom provides products and services based on today’s requirements around Unified Networks, Cloud Computing strategies, Virtualization around Software defined Data Ce...
May. 3, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,375
The best mobile applications are augmented by dedicated servers, the Internet and Cloud services. Mobile developers should focus on one thing: writing the next socially disruptive viral app. Thanks to the cloud, they can focus on the overall solution, not the underlying plumbing. From iOS to Android and Windows, developers can leverage cloud services to create a common cross-platform backend to persist user settings, app data, broadcast notifications, run jobs, etc. This session provides a high level technical overview of many cloud services available to mobile app developers, includi...
May. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,221
How is unified communications transforming the way businesses operate? In his session at WebRTC Summit, Arvind Rangarajan, Director of Product Marketing at BroadSoft, will discuss how to extend unified communications experience outside the enterprise through WebRTC. He will also review use cases across different industry verticals. Arvind Rangarajan is Director, Product Marketing at BroadSoft. He has over 19 years of experience in the telecommunications industry in various roles such as Software Development, Product Management and Product Marketing, applied across Wireless, Unified Communic...
May. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,421