|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To reduce costs and become as agile as possible, organizations today are increasingly seeking to move business-critical mainframe applications to open systems and cloud environments. However, to do so can often imply complex, costly and resource-heavy application migration projects, which deter companies from undertaking such migrations. As a result, organizations need a scalable, reliable and high-performance application migration solution that can help them transition to open systems and the cloud faster and with minimal impact on the mainframe-skilled IT personnel. Today Oracle has introduced the latest release of its mainframe application rehosting platform, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c, to help organizations speed up migration projects and accelerate the adoption of the new environment by current IT staff.
- Enabling organizations to accelerate the rehosting of IBM mainframe applications and greatly enhance management and supportability of the rehosted applications while reducing costs and risk, Oracle today introduced the latest release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c helps organizations significantly reduce IT costs by rapidly rehosting large-scale mainframe applications and running them more efficiently on traditional Linux/UNIX servers, Oracle Engineered Systems and in enterprise clouds. This release delivers up to 30% higher performance for CICS and IMS applications, leverages additional Tuxedo 12c optimizations on Exalogic, and enables rehosted IMS applications for rapid configuration and virtual-machine based provisioning using Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder.
- This release of Tuxedo Application Runtimes for CICS, IMS, and batch broadens covered APIs and utilities, supports C applications, and features more of the traditional mainframe integrations channels, including CICS APPC, CICS Web Services, MQ-IMS bridge, and IMS ODBA.
- The new release also offers rich CICS and IMS integration options to extend rehosted applications using native Java services, Tuxedo JCA adapter for J2EE, IBM WebSphere MQ, and simpler Web Services/RESTful integration.
- The new release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c features enhanced operations, administration and management capabilities provided in conjunction with Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c Plus (Oracle TSAMPlus). These capabilities simplify adoption and enhance supportability by providing ISPF integration, native JCL job support, role-based security, and mainframe-style batch production operations with out-of-the-box availability and service level monitoring using Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench helps accelerate the entire migration lifecycle, lower migration cost and risk, and reduce time to ROI by providing enhanced usability and extensibility, improved coverage for IBM JCL and DB2 SQL, and new deployment configuration capabilities.
- Powered by Oracle Tuxedo 12c, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c is the most complete, scalable, reliable and high-performance mainframe rehosting platform, and as the industry's only rehosting solution optimized for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, it can deliver up to 7x performance gains compared to conventional servers.
Enabling Faster Application Rehosting, Easier Adoption and Greater Supportability of the New Environment to Reduce Risk and Speed up Savings
- Streamline and Accelerate Rehosting: Greater automated coverage, pre-built configuration templates, expanded data migration tools, and easy-to-use configuration wizards streamline the migration process for customers and partners. The rehosting process is accelerated and simplified with enhanced migration and deployment tools, which lower migration risk and enable MIPS reduction or mainframe decommissioning to begin sooner.
- Accelerate Integration & Simplify Application Evolution: New features in CICS and IMS runtimes, such as APPC and Web Services support for rehosted CICS applications, and MQ-IMS Bridge and native ATMI gateway for rehosted IMS applications provide out-of-the-box integration channels. To further extend the rehosted applications new capabilities in Oracle Tuxedo ART 12.1.3 Java services, Oracle Tuxedo JCA Adapter 12.1.3, and new support for RESTful services in Oracle Services Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo (SALT) 12.1.3, simplify the process and help reduce the time to extend rehosted applications with Java and Web/RESTful Services.
- Simplify Implementation & Management: Mainframe developers and operations staff can transition to the new environment without a significant learning curve with the new ISPF integration and ART batch operations extensions, native JCL support, and enhanced diagnostics and debugging integration with COBOL compilers and IDEs. For even greater supportability, this release provides enhanced real-time monitoring and detailed tracing in TSAMPlus for CICS, IMS, and batch applications, as well as extended performance and availability management, batch service levels monitoring, ABEND notification and handling, system utilization reporting, job log archival and search, and Web UI for batch operations, all from a "single pane of glass," through an Oracle TSAMPlus plug-in to Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Enhance Security: Role-based security for batch operations enables a more flexible and easy-to-manage mechanism for securing access to production and non-production jobs through built-in integration of batch runtime with LDAP and Oracle Entitlement Server.
- "IMEX, Surecomp's flagship bank back office trade finance system, has been successfully migrated from IBM CICS and is now certified on Linux with Oracle Tuxedo 12c and Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 12c. IMEX incorporates the latest technological trends as well trade finance market requirements. Given that IMEX originated on CICS mainframe, the migration to Oracle Tuxedo ART is a major evolution milestone," said Eyal Ramon, vice president, Head of Global Customer Delivery, Surecomp. "This migration milestone could not have been achieved in the project timeframe without the strong CICS runtime provided by Tuxedo ART 12c. The new Tuxedo 12.1.3 runtime for CICS provides effective support for the CICS functionality required by IMEX. IMEX users can now run their trade finance operations on Linux at a fraction of the cost of mainframe MIPS."
- "Even when customers recognize the benefits of moving to open, flexible and scalable platforms, the transition to the rehosted environment can be challenging to some organizations, with perceived concerns regarding operations and supportability in the new world compared to their mainframe experience," said Frank Xiong, group vice president, Oracle Software Development. "Oracle Tuxedo ART 12cR2 products greatly simplify this transition process by providing native mainframe equivalent capabilities, supporting familiar operation interfaces, and greatly extending real-time monitoring and supportability of the migrated applications. This gives customers the confidence they need to transition to the new platform for rehosted applications and reduce IT costs."
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for CICS and Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for IMS
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,019
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,091
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,890
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 28, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,342
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 28, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 982
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 27, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,663
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,332
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,216
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Mar. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,614
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 27, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,990
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,040
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,097
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 763
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,511
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,432
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,407
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,036
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,186
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 27, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,159
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,137