|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To reduce costs and become as agile as possible, organizations today are increasingly seeking to move business-critical mainframe applications to open systems and cloud environments. However, to do so can often imply complex, costly and resource-heavy application migration projects, which deter companies from undertaking such migrations. As a result, organizations need a scalable, reliable and high-performance application migration solution that can help them transition to open systems and the cloud faster and with minimal impact on the mainframe-skilled IT personnel. Today Oracle has introduced the latest release of its mainframe application rehosting platform, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c, to help organizations speed up migration projects and accelerate the adoption of the new environment by current IT staff.
- Enabling organizations to accelerate the rehosting of IBM mainframe applications and greatly enhance management and supportability of the rehosted applications while reducing costs and risk, Oracle today introduced the latest release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c helps organizations significantly reduce IT costs by rapidly rehosting large-scale mainframe applications and running them more efficiently on traditional Linux/UNIX servers, Oracle Engineered Systems and in enterprise clouds. This release delivers up to 30% higher performance for CICS and IMS applications, leverages additional Tuxedo 12c optimizations on Exalogic, and enables rehosted IMS applications for rapid configuration and virtual-machine based provisioning using Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder.
- This release of Tuxedo Application Runtimes for CICS, IMS, and batch broadens covered APIs and utilities, supports C applications, and features more of the traditional mainframe integrations channels, including CICS APPC, CICS Web Services, MQ-IMS bridge, and IMS ODBA.
- The new release also offers rich CICS and IMS integration options to extend rehosted applications using native Java services, Tuxedo JCA adapter for J2EE, IBM WebSphere MQ, and simpler Web Services/RESTful integration.
- The new release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c features enhanced operations, administration and management capabilities provided in conjunction with Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c Plus (Oracle TSAMPlus). These capabilities simplify adoption and enhance supportability by providing ISPF integration, native JCL job support, role-based security, and mainframe-style batch production operations with out-of-the-box availability and service level monitoring using Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench helps accelerate the entire migration lifecycle, lower migration cost and risk, and reduce time to ROI by providing enhanced usability and extensibility, improved coverage for IBM JCL and DB2 SQL, and new deployment configuration capabilities.
- Powered by Oracle Tuxedo 12c, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c is the most complete, scalable, reliable and high-performance mainframe rehosting platform, and as the industry's only rehosting solution optimized for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, it can deliver up to 7x performance gains compared to conventional servers.
Enabling Faster Application Rehosting, Easier Adoption and Greater Supportability of the New Environment to Reduce Risk and Speed up Savings
- Streamline and Accelerate Rehosting: Greater automated coverage, pre-built configuration templates, expanded data migration tools, and easy-to-use configuration wizards streamline the migration process for customers and partners. The rehosting process is accelerated and simplified with enhanced migration and deployment tools, which lower migration risk and enable MIPS reduction or mainframe decommissioning to begin sooner.
- Accelerate Integration & Simplify Application Evolution: New features in CICS and IMS runtimes, such as APPC and Web Services support for rehosted CICS applications, and MQ-IMS Bridge and native ATMI gateway for rehosted IMS applications provide out-of-the-box integration channels. To further extend the rehosted applications new capabilities in Oracle Tuxedo ART 12.1.3 Java services, Oracle Tuxedo JCA Adapter 12.1.3, and new support for RESTful services in Oracle Services Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo (SALT) 12.1.3, simplify the process and help reduce the time to extend rehosted applications with Java and Web/RESTful Services.
- Simplify Implementation & Management: Mainframe developers and operations staff can transition to the new environment without a significant learning curve with the new ISPF integration and ART batch operations extensions, native JCL support, and enhanced diagnostics and debugging integration with COBOL compilers and IDEs. For even greater supportability, this release provides enhanced real-time monitoring and detailed tracing in TSAMPlus for CICS, IMS, and batch applications, as well as extended performance and availability management, batch service levels monitoring, ABEND notification and handling, system utilization reporting, job log archival and search, and Web UI for batch operations, all from a "single pane of glass," through an Oracle TSAMPlus plug-in to Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Enhance Security: Role-based security for batch operations enables a more flexible and easy-to-manage mechanism for securing access to production and non-production jobs through built-in integration of batch runtime with LDAP and Oracle Entitlement Server.
- "IMEX, Surecomp's flagship bank back office trade finance system, has been successfully migrated from IBM CICS and is now certified on Linux with Oracle Tuxedo 12c and Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 12c. IMEX incorporates the latest technological trends as well trade finance market requirements. Given that IMEX originated on CICS mainframe, the migration to Oracle Tuxedo ART is a major evolution milestone," said Eyal Ramon, vice president, Head of Global Customer Delivery, Surecomp. "This migration milestone could not have been achieved in the project timeframe without the strong CICS runtime provided by Tuxedo ART 12c. The new Tuxedo 12.1.3 runtime for CICS provides effective support for the CICS functionality required by IMEX. IMEX users can now run their trade finance operations on Linux at a fraction of the cost of mainframe MIPS."
- "Even when customers recognize the benefits of moving to open, flexible and scalable platforms, the transition to the rehosted environment can be challenging to some organizations, with perceived concerns regarding operations and supportability in the new world compared to their mainframe experience," said Frank Xiong, group vice president, Oracle Software Development. "Oracle Tuxedo ART 12cR2 products greatly simplify this transition process by providing native mainframe equivalent capabilities, supporting familiar operation interfaces, and greatly extending real-time monitoring and supportability of the migrated applications. This gives customers the confidence they need to transition to the new platform for rehosted applications and reduce IT costs."
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for CICS and Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for IMS
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,754
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,688
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,251
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,201
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 312
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,988
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,596
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,660
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:26 PM EDT Reads: 253
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,216
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,559
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,075
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,500
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,785
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,884
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,746
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 27, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,016
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 27, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 972
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,608