|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To reduce costs and become as agile as possible, organizations today are increasingly seeking to move business-critical mainframe applications to open systems and cloud environments. However, to do so can often imply complex, costly and resource-heavy application migration projects, which deter companies from undertaking such migrations. As a result, organizations need a scalable, reliable and high-performance application migration solution that can help them transition to open systems and the cloud faster and with minimal impact on the mainframe-skilled IT personnel. Today Oracle has introduced the latest release of its mainframe application rehosting platform, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c, to help organizations speed up migration projects and accelerate the adoption of the new environment by current IT staff.
- Enabling organizations to accelerate the rehosting of IBM mainframe applications and greatly enhance management and supportability of the rehosted applications while reducing costs and risk, Oracle today introduced the latest release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c helps organizations significantly reduce IT costs by rapidly rehosting large-scale mainframe applications and running them more efficiently on traditional Linux/UNIX servers, Oracle Engineered Systems and in enterprise clouds. This release delivers up to 30% higher performance for CICS and IMS applications, leverages additional Tuxedo 12c optimizations on Exalogic, and enables rehosted IMS applications for rapid configuration and virtual-machine based provisioning using Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder.
- This release of Tuxedo Application Runtimes for CICS, IMS, and batch broadens covered APIs and utilities, supports C applications, and features more of the traditional mainframe integrations channels, including CICS APPC, CICS Web Services, MQ-IMS bridge, and IMS ODBA.
- The new release also offers rich CICS and IMS integration options to extend rehosted applications using native Java services, Tuxedo JCA adapter for J2EE, IBM WebSphere MQ, and simpler Web Services/RESTful integration.
- The new release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c features enhanced operations, administration and management capabilities provided in conjunction with Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c Plus (Oracle TSAMPlus). These capabilities simplify adoption and enhance supportability by providing ISPF integration, native JCL job support, role-based security, and mainframe-style batch production operations with out-of-the-box availability and service level monitoring using Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench helps accelerate the entire migration lifecycle, lower migration cost and risk, and reduce time to ROI by providing enhanced usability and extensibility, improved coverage for IBM JCL and DB2 SQL, and new deployment configuration capabilities.
- Powered by Oracle Tuxedo 12c, Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c is the most complete, scalable, reliable and high-performance mainframe rehosting platform, and as the industry's only rehosting solution optimized for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, it can deliver up to 7x performance gains compared to conventional servers.
Enabling Faster Application Rehosting, Easier Adoption and Greater Supportability of the New Environment to Reduce Risk and Speed up Savings
- Streamline and Accelerate Rehosting: Greater automated coverage, pre-built configuration templates, expanded data migration tools, and easy-to-use configuration wizards streamline the migration process for customers and partners. The rehosting process is accelerated and simplified with enhanced migration and deployment tools, which lower migration risk and enable MIPS reduction or mainframe decommissioning to begin sooner.
- Accelerate Integration & Simplify Application Evolution: New features in CICS and IMS runtimes, such as APPC and Web Services support for rehosted CICS applications, and MQ-IMS Bridge and native ATMI gateway for rehosted IMS applications provide out-of-the-box integration channels. To further extend the rehosted applications new capabilities in Oracle Tuxedo ART 12.1.3 Java services, Oracle Tuxedo JCA Adapter 12.1.3, and new support for RESTful services in Oracle Services Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo (SALT) 12.1.3, simplify the process and help reduce the time to extend rehosted applications with Java and Web/RESTful Services.
- Simplify Implementation & Management: Mainframe developers and operations staff can transition to the new environment without a significant learning curve with the new ISPF integration and ART batch operations extensions, native JCL support, and enhanced diagnostics and debugging integration with COBOL compilers and IDEs. For even greater supportability, this release provides enhanced real-time monitoring and detailed tracing in TSAMPlus for CICS, IMS, and batch applications, as well as extended performance and availability management, batch service levels monitoring, ABEND notification and handling, system utilization reporting, job log archival and search, and Web UI for batch operations, all from a "single pane of glass," through an Oracle TSAMPlus plug-in to Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Enhance Security: Role-based security for batch operations enables a more flexible and easy-to-manage mechanism for securing access to production and non-production jobs through built-in integration of batch runtime with LDAP and Oracle Entitlement Server.
- "IMEX, Surecomp's flagship bank back office trade finance system, has been successfully migrated from IBM CICS and is now certified on Linux with Oracle Tuxedo 12c and Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 12c. IMEX incorporates the latest technological trends as well trade finance market requirements. Given that IMEX originated on CICS mainframe, the migration to Oracle Tuxedo ART is a major evolution milestone," said Eyal Ramon, vice president, Head of Global Customer Delivery, Surecomp. "This migration milestone could not have been achieved in the project timeframe without the strong CICS runtime provided by Tuxedo ART 12c. The new Tuxedo 12.1.3 runtime for CICS provides effective support for the CICS functionality required by IMEX. IMEX users can now run their trade finance operations on Linux at a fraction of the cost of mainframe MIPS."
- "Even when customers recognize the benefits of moving to open, flexible and scalable platforms, the transition to the rehosted environment can be challenging to some organizations, with perceived concerns regarding operations and supportability in the new world compared to their mainframe experience," said Frank Xiong, group vice president, Oracle Software Development. "Oracle Tuxedo ART 12cR2 products greatly simplify this transition process by providing native mainframe equivalent capabilities, supporting familiar operation interfaces, and greatly extending real-time monitoring and supportability of the migrated applications. This gives customers the confidence they need to transition to the new platform for rehosted applications and reduce IT costs."
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for CICS and Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for IMS
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 12c for Batch
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor 12c
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 16, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 7,425
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 337
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,545
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,592
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,475
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,008
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,378
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,872
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 4,133
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 5,674
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 16, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 3,029
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,852
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 4,505
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,099
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,526
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 5,240
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,845
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,750
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,939
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,681