|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Enterprises today run hundreds of critical applications, written in multiple languages and distributed across a wide range of platforms. These highly distributed and complex computing environments can create unforeseen application development and deployment issues that slow time to market for new applications and hinder the performance, availability and scalability of existing ones. Oracle Tuxedo, the #1 application server for C, C++, COBOL and Java deployments in private cloud or traditional data center environments, provides customers with a highly reliable and scalable platform to develop and deploy mission-critical applications. Regardless of their programming language, Oracle Tuxedo allows applications running on the same platform to communicate seamlessly.
With enhanced management and monitoring features and tighter integration with Oracle technologies, the latest release of Oracle Tuxedo 12c enables organizations to dramatically increase application throughput, while reducing total cost of ownership and time to market for new application development and deployment.
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c, the industry's #1 application server for the deployment of C/C++/COBOL/Java enterprise workloads in private and public cloud environments, now delivers enhanced reliability, availability, performance and scalability for conventional and enterprise cloud applications.
- A key component of Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c and Oracle Cloud Application Foundation, Oracle Tuxedo 12c provides mainframe-class scalability and performance for mission-critical applications.
- Innovative new management and monitoring features for the development, deployment and management of C/C++/COBOL/Java applications in Oracle Tuxedo help lower the total cost of ownership.
- The new release features enhancements to Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor Plus 12c (Oracle TSAM Plus), simplifying application deployment in private cloud environments, and Oracle Services Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo 12c (Oracle SALT), enabling reduced time to market for new applications and business services.
- The release is optimized for interoperability with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c and Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC), resulting in reduced costs, improved throughput and higher availability for Oracle Tuxedo applications on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Super Cluster.
- Oracle also introduced a new release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c, the industry's most comprehensive, scalable, and high-performance mainframe rehosting platform. This latest release helps organizations to speed up migration projects and accelerate adoption of the new environment by current IT staff, while delivering increased performance, enhanced supportability, and mainframe-equivalent operation interfaces.
Optimized Application Performance, Accelerated Delivery of New Services
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c is tightly integrated with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c, Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and Oracle Entitlements Server, and is also engineered to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle SuperCluster. Oracle Tuxedo 12.1.3 optimizes Oracle Tuxedo applications and reduces time to market for new services by enabling organizations to:
- Increase Application Performance and Availability: Enhanced inter-domain communications result in reduced latency and up to 4x increase in throughput of Oracle Tuxedo applications on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud. Optimized XA transactions across Oracle Tuxedo, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c and Oracle RAC reduce the cost of running enterprise applications and improve throughput by up to 100 percent. In addition, tighter integration with Oracle RAC simplifies configuration and management of Oracle Tuxedo 12c applications when used with Oracle RAC and provides higher availability by automating re-connections to available Oracle RAC instances.
- Simplify Monitoring and Management: Via integration with the Oracle Business Transaction Management, Oracle TSAM Plus 12.1.3 reduces time to diagnose issues by enabling end-to-end monitoring of business transactions across a wide range of Oracle technologies. Oracle TSAM Plus simplifies deployment of existing Oracle Tuxedo applications in private cloud environments and automation of operation, administration and monitoring tasks with an easy-to-use scripting tool.
- Accelerate Delivery of New Services: New support for RESTful Web services in Oracle SALT 12.1.3 and new capabilities for Java application development help reduce time to market for new and integrated business services.
- "Conventional and cloud-based application environments are becoming increasingly complex, and present IT departments with the unique challenge of managing the applications and services developed in various programming languages and platforms" said Frank Xiong, Group Vice President, Software Development, Oracle. "The latest release of Oracle Tuxedo 12c provides a modern, open and cloud-ready platform that delivers the scale, performance and scalability customers need to develop and manage the next generation applications that move at the pace of business. As a result, organizations can cost-effectively leverage business-critical applications to increase productivity, reduce costs and time-to-market and therefore more rapidly deliver new applications and services to their customers."
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Applications Monitor Plus
- Oracle Service Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
- Oracle Cloud Application Foundation
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 910
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 366
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,239
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,078
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 382
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 649
On Dice.com, the number of job postings asking for skill in Amazon Web Services increased 76 percent between June 2015 and June 2016. Salesforce.com saw its own skill mentions increase 37 percent, while DevOps and Cloud rose 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Even as they expand their presence in the cloud, companies are also looking for tech professionals who can manage projects, crunch data, and figure out how to make systems run more autonomously. Mentions of ‘data science’ as a skill ...
Jul. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 439
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,203
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,113
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 687
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,344
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,145
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,036
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,481
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 29, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,650
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 29, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,380
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,579
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,692
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 29, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,629
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 29, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,477