|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Enterprises today run hundreds of critical applications, written in multiple languages and distributed across a wide range of platforms. These highly distributed and complex computing environments can create unforeseen application development and deployment issues that slow time to market for new applications and hinder the performance, availability and scalability of existing ones. Oracle Tuxedo, the #1 application server for C, C++, COBOL and Java deployments in private cloud or traditional data center environments, provides customers with a highly reliable and scalable platform to develop and deploy mission-critical applications. Regardless of their programming language, Oracle Tuxedo allows applications running on the same platform to communicate seamlessly.
With enhanced management and monitoring features and tighter integration with Oracle technologies, the latest release of Oracle Tuxedo 12c enables organizations to dramatically increase application throughput, while reducing total cost of ownership and time to market for new application development and deployment.
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c, the industry's #1 application server for the deployment of C/C++/COBOL/Java enterprise workloads in private and public cloud environments, now delivers enhanced reliability, availability, performance and scalability for conventional and enterprise cloud applications.
- A key component of Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c and Oracle Cloud Application Foundation, Oracle Tuxedo 12c provides mainframe-class scalability and performance for mission-critical applications.
- Innovative new management and monitoring features for the development, deployment and management of C/C++/COBOL/Java applications in Oracle Tuxedo help lower the total cost of ownership.
- The new release features enhancements to Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor Plus 12c (Oracle TSAM Plus), simplifying application deployment in private cloud environments, and Oracle Services Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo 12c (Oracle SALT), enabling reduced time to market for new applications and business services.
- The release is optimized for interoperability with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c and Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC), resulting in reduced costs, improved throughput and higher availability for Oracle Tuxedo applications on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Super Cluster.
- Oracle also introduced a new release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c, the industry's most comprehensive, scalable, and high-performance mainframe rehosting platform. This latest release helps organizations to speed up migration projects and accelerate adoption of the new environment by current IT staff, while delivering increased performance, enhanced supportability, and mainframe-equivalent operation interfaces.
Optimized Application Performance, Accelerated Delivery of New Services
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c is tightly integrated with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c, Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and Oracle Entitlements Server, and is also engineered to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle SuperCluster. Oracle Tuxedo 12.1.3 optimizes Oracle Tuxedo applications and reduces time to market for new services by enabling organizations to:
- Increase Application Performance and Availability: Enhanced inter-domain communications result in reduced latency and up to 4x increase in throughput of Oracle Tuxedo applications on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud. Optimized XA transactions across Oracle Tuxedo, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c and Oracle RAC reduce the cost of running enterprise applications and improve throughput by up to 100 percent. In addition, tighter integration with Oracle RAC simplifies configuration and management of Oracle Tuxedo 12c applications when used with Oracle RAC and provides higher availability by automating re-connections to available Oracle RAC instances.
- Simplify Monitoring and Management: Via integration with the Oracle Business Transaction Management, Oracle TSAM Plus 12.1.3 reduces time to diagnose issues by enabling end-to-end monitoring of business transactions across a wide range of Oracle technologies. Oracle TSAM Plus simplifies deployment of existing Oracle Tuxedo applications in private cloud environments and automation of operation, administration and monitoring tasks with an easy-to-use scripting tool.
- Accelerate Delivery of New Services: New support for RESTful Web services in Oracle SALT 12.1.3 and new capabilities for Java application development help reduce time to market for new and integrated business services.
- "Conventional and cloud-based application environments are becoming increasingly complex, and present IT departments with the unique challenge of managing the applications and services developed in various programming languages and platforms" said Frank Xiong, Group Vice President, Software Development, Oracle. "The latest release of Oracle Tuxedo 12c provides a modern, open and cloud-ready platform that delivers the scale, performance and scalability customers need to develop and manage the next generation applications that move at the pace of business. As a result, organizations can cost-effectively leverage business-critical applications to increase productivity, reduce costs and time-to-market and therefore more rapidly deliver new applications and services to their customers."
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Applications Monitor Plus
- Oracle Service Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
- Oracle Cloud Application Foundation
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 354
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 335
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,421
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 140
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,079
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,173
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,299
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,205
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 334
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,910
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 404
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,973
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 486
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,553
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,502