|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Enterprises today run hundreds of critical applications, written in multiple languages and distributed across a wide range of platforms. These highly distributed and complex computing environments can create unforeseen application development and deployment issues that slow time to market for new applications and hinder the performance, availability and scalability of existing ones. Oracle Tuxedo, the #1 application server for C, C++, COBOL and Java deployments in private cloud or traditional data center environments, provides customers with a highly reliable and scalable platform to develop and deploy mission-critical applications. Regardless of their programming language, Oracle Tuxedo allows applications running on the same platform to communicate seamlessly.
With enhanced management and monitoring features and tighter integration with Oracle technologies, the latest release of Oracle Tuxedo 12c enables organizations to dramatically increase application throughput, while reducing total cost of ownership and time to market for new application development and deployment.
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c, the industry's #1 application server for the deployment of C/C++/COBOL/Java enterprise workloads in private and public cloud environments, now delivers enhanced reliability, availability, performance and scalability for conventional and enterprise cloud applications.
- A key component of Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c and Oracle Cloud Application Foundation, Oracle Tuxedo 12c provides mainframe-class scalability and performance for mission-critical applications.
- Innovative new management and monitoring features for the development, deployment and management of C/C++/COBOL/Java applications in Oracle Tuxedo help lower the total cost of ownership.
- The new release features enhancements to Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor Plus 12c (Oracle TSAM Plus), simplifying application deployment in private cloud environments, and Oracle Services Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo 12c (Oracle SALT), enabling reduced time to market for new applications and business services.
- The release is optimized for interoperability with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c and Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC), resulting in reduced costs, improved throughput and higher availability for Oracle Tuxedo applications on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Super Cluster.
- Oracle also introduced a new release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c, the industry's most comprehensive, scalable, and high-performance mainframe rehosting platform. This latest release helps organizations to speed up migration projects and accelerate adoption of the new environment by current IT staff, while delivering increased performance, enhanced supportability, and mainframe-equivalent operation interfaces.
Optimized Application Performance, Accelerated Delivery of New Services
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c is tightly integrated with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c, Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and Oracle Entitlements Server, and is also engineered to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle SuperCluster. Oracle Tuxedo 12.1.3 optimizes Oracle Tuxedo applications and reduces time to market for new services by enabling organizations to:
- Increase Application Performance and Availability: Enhanced inter-domain communications result in reduced latency and up to 4x increase in throughput of Oracle Tuxedo applications on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud. Optimized XA transactions across Oracle Tuxedo, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c and Oracle RAC reduce the cost of running enterprise applications and improve throughput by up to 100 percent. In addition, tighter integration with Oracle RAC simplifies configuration and management of Oracle Tuxedo 12c applications when used with Oracle RAC and provides higher availability by automating re-connections to available Oracle RAC instances.
- Simplify Monitoring and Management: Via integration with the Oracle Business Transaction Management, Oracle TSAM Plus 12.1.3 reduces time to diagnose issues by enabling end-to-end monitoring of business transactions across a wide range of Oracle technologies. Oracle TSAM Plus simplifies deployment of existing Oracle Tuxedo applications in private cloud environments and automation of operation, administration and monitoring tasks with an easy-to-use scripting tool.
- Accelerate Delivery of New Services: New support for RESTful Web services in Oracle SALT 12.1.3 and new capabilities for Java application development help reduce time to market for new and integrated business services.
- "Conventional and cloud-based application environments are becoming increasingly complex, and present IT departments with the unique challenge of managing the applications and services developed in various programming languages and platforms" said Frank Xiong, Group Vice President, Software Development, Oracle. "The latest release of Oracle Tuxedo 12c provides a modern, open and cloud-ready platform that delivers the scale, performance and scalability customers need to develop and manage the next generation applications that move at the pace of business. As a result, organizations can cost-effectively leverage business-critical applications to increase productivity, reduce costs and time-to-market and therefore more rapidly deliver new applications and services to their customers."
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Applications Monitor Plus
- Oracle Service Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
- Oracle Cloud Application Foundation
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,239
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,266
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,464
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,260
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,281
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,884
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 673
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,719
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,411
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,925
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,243
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,091
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,757
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,945
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,632
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,460
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,641
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,088
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,991