|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Enterprises today run hundreds of critical applications, written in multiple languages and distributed across a wide range of platforms. These highly distributed and complex computing environments can create unforeseen application development and deployment issues that slow time to market for new applications and hinder the performance, availability and scalability of existing ones. Oracle Tuxedo, the #1 application server for C, C++, COBOL and Java deployments in private cloud or traditional data center environments, provides customers with a highly reliable and scalable platform to develop and deploy mission-critical applications. Regardless of their programming language, Oracle Tuxedo allows applications running on the same platform to communicate seamlessly.
With enhanced management and monitoring features and tighter integration with Oracle technologies, the latest release of Oracle Tuxedo 12c enables organizations to dramatically increase application throughput, while reducing total cost of ownership and time to market for new application development and deployment.
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c, the industry's #1 application server for the deployment of C/C++/COBOL/Java enterprise workloads in private and public cloud environments, now delivers enhanced reliability, availability, performance and scalability for conventional and enterprise cloud applications.
- A key component of Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c and Oracle Cloud Application Foundation, Oracle Tuxedo 12c provides mainframe-class scalability and performance for mission-critical applications.
- Innovative new management and monitoring features for the development, deployment and management of C/C++/COBOL/Java applications in Oracle Tuxedo help lower the total cost of ownership.
- The new release features enhancements to Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor Plus 12c (Oracle TSAM Plus), simplifying application deployment in private cloud environments, and Oracle Services Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo 12c (Oracle SALT), enabling reduced time to market for new applications and business services.
- The release is optimized for interoperability with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c and Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC), resulting in reduced costs, improved throughput and higher availability for Oracle Tuxedo applications on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Super Cluster.
- Oracle also introduced a new release of Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c, the industry's most comprehensive, scalable, and high-performance mainframe rehosting platform. This latest release helps organizations to speed up migration projects and accelerate adoption of the new environment by current IT staff, while delivering increased performance, enhanced supportability, and mainframe-equivalent operation interfaces.
Optimized Application Performance, Accelerated Delivery of New Services
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c is tightly integrated with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c, Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and Oracle Entitlements Server, and is also engineered to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle SuperCluster. Oracle Tuxedo 12.1.3 optimizes Oracle Tuxedo applications and reduces time to market for new services by enabling organizations to:
- Increase Application Performance and Availability: Enhanced inter-domain communications result in reduced latency and up to 4x increase in throughput of Oracle Tuxedo applications on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud. Optimized XA transactions across Oracle Tuxedo, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c and Oracle RAC reduce the cost of running enterprise applications and improve throughput by up to 100 percent. In addition, tighter integration with Oracle RAC simplifies configuration and management of Oracle Tuxedo 12c applications when used with Oracle RAC and provides higher availability by automating re-connections to available Oracle RAC instances.
- Simplify Monitoring and Management: Via integration with the Oracle Business Transaction Management, Oracle TSAM Plus 12.1.3 reduces time to diagnose issues by enabling end-to-end monitoring of business transactions across a wide range of Oracle technologies. Oracle TSAM Plus simplifies deployment of existing Oracle Tuxedo applications in private cloud environments and automation of operation, administration and monitoring tasks with an easy-to-use scripting tool.
- Accelerate Delivery of New Services: New support for RESTful Web services in Oracle SALT 12.1.3 and new capabilities for Java application development help reduce time to market for new and integrated business services.
- "Conventional and cloud-based application environments are becoming increasingly complex, and present IT departments with the unique challenge of managing the applications and services developed in various programming languages and platforms" said Frank Xiong, Group Vice President, Software Development, Oracle. "The latest release of Oracle Tuxedo 12c provides a modern, open and cloud-ready platform that delivers the scale, performance and scalability customers need to develop and manage the next generation applications that move at the pace of business. As a result, organizations can cost-effectively leverage business-critical applications to increase productivity, reduce costs and time-to-market and therefore more rapidly deliver new applications and services to their customers."
- Oracle Tuxedo 12c
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Applications Monitor Plus
- Oracle Service Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo
- Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
- Oracle Cloud Application Foundation
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Oct. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,916
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,830
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,279
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,686
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,949
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 941
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 846
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,646
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 639
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,959
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Oct. 23, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,658
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 23, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,043
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 23, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 886
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 23, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 999
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
Oct. 23, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,545
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 23, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,450
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 23, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,826
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 23, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 453
The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn® open source IoT framework, today announced that the two organizations’ boards have approved a merger under the OCF name and bylaws. This merger will advance interoperability between connected devices from both groups, enabling the full operating potential of IoT and representing a significant step towards a connected ecosystem.
Oct. 23, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,194
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Oct. 22, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,466