|By Marketwired .||
|June 5, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/05/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle is expanding its application-driven software defined networking (SDN) capabilities in Oracle Solaris 11.2 with plans to integrate OpenDaylight SDN. The integration is intended to allow customers to improve service quality and take advantage of apps-to-disk SLAs through compatibility with a wide range of SDN devices, applications and services. It will also allow them to use a common and open SDN platform with OpenStack to manage Oracle Solaris-based clouds.
- Oracle has joined the OpenDaylight Project as a Silver Member.
- The OpenDaylight Project is a community-led and industry-supported open source platform to advance SDN and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
- Oracle intends to integrate OpenDaylight SDN into Oracle Solaris 11.2, which melds efficient virtualization, application-driven software-defined networking (SDN) technology and a full OpenStack distribution with an enterprise-class OS to provide a highly efficient, compliant, secure, open and affordable software platform for cloud computing.
- The integration is intended to enable customers to use Oracle Solaris' virtualization and application-driven SDN features with OpenDaylight-compatible SDN devices, applications and services.
- Integrating OpenDaylight with Oracle's complete stack will also allow customers to take advantage of apps-to-disk SLAs with pluggable databases and Java, protect higher priority application and management flows and use Java Developer Kit APIs for Networking SLAs.
- Customers will also be able to use Oracle Solaris' OpenStack distribution for cloud management across Oracle SPARC and x86 systems, Oracle storage, and a wide range of SDN ecosystems and applications built upon a common and open platform.
- Oracle also intends to enable compatibility with OpenStack Neutron and OpenDaylight SDN to allow customers to deploy applications in highly available, secure and flexible Oracle Solaris virtual machine instances.
- Since the release of Oracle Solaris 11, over 5,000 customers have gone into production and many are deploying applications in Oracle Solaris-based clouds. With the integration of OpenDaylight SDN and OpenStack in Oracle Solaris, customers will be able to expand their use of Oracle Solaris in new cloud deployments.
- "With Oracle Solaris 11.2 we are offering a highly efficient, compliant, secure, open and affordable cloud platform that is tightly integrated with the Oracle software stack. OpenDaylight allows customers to improve their service quality by taking advantage of Oracle Solaris application-driven SDN and OpenDaylight-compatible networking devices as well as OpenDaylight-compatible SDN applications," said Markus Flierl, vice president, Oracle Solaris.
- "We are happy to welcome Oracle to the OpenDaylight Project and excited to see their developers already working within the community to improve and utilize the code base," said Neela Jacques, executive director, OpenDaylight Project. "Oracle's focus on delivering an open cloud computing platform based on OpenStack and OpenDaylight makes perfect sense given the synergies between the two open source projects. We look forward to seeing how OpenDaylight is integrated within Oracle Solaris 11.2."
- Download: Oracle Solaris 11.2 Beta
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Solaris Blog
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: Statements in this press release relating to Oracle's future plans, expectations, beliefs, intentions and prospects, including Oracle's plans to integrate OpenDaylight SDN capabilities into Oracle Solaris and any potential synergies or benefits to customers from this integration, are "forward-looking statements" and are subject to material risks and uncertainties. Many factors could affect our current expectations and the actual or final integration of OpenDaylight SDN capabilities into Oracle Solaris, and could cause the actual or final integration to differ materially from our intentions stated in this press release. All information in this press release is current as of June 5, 2014. Oracle undertakes no duty to update any statement in light of new information or future events.
Apr. 28, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,883
Apr. 28, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,767
Apr. 28, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,665
Apr. 27, 2015 11:00 PM EDT
Apr. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT
Apr. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,492
Apr. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,515
Apr. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,934
Apr. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,913
Apr. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
Apr. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,535
Apr. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,579
Apr. 27, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,429
Apr. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,678
Apr. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,329
Apr. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,801
How is unified communications transforming the way businesses operate? In his session at WebRTC Summit, Arvind Rangarajan, Director of Product Marketing at BroadSoft, will discuss how to extend unified communications experience outside the enterprise through WebRTC. He will also review use cases across different industry verticals. Arvind Rangarajan is Director, Product Marketing at BroadSoft. He has over 19 years of experience in the telecommunications industry in various roles such as Software Development, Product Management and Product Marketing, applied across Wireless, Unified Communic...
Apr. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,729
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY., and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides private all-in-one social intranets allowing workers to securely collaborate from anywhere in the world and from any device. Social, mobile, and easy to use. MangoApps has been named a "Market Leader" by Ovum Research and a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner...
Apr. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,591
SYS-CON Media announced today that @ThingsExpo Blog launched with 7,788 original stories. @ThingsExpo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @ThingsExpo Blog can be bookmarked. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Apr. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,573
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
Apr. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,117