|By Marketwired .||
|June 9, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/09/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's organizations, expectations of technology have never been higher. To help meet these expectations and maximize the value of business-critical applications, organizations must deliver a compelling user experience across all devices, including mobile devices. Addressing this challenge and underscoring its commitment to delivering the best possible user interface, Oracle has extended the simplicity, mobility, and extensibility of the Oracle applications user experience. Available to Oracle Sales Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud customers, the latest additions enhance productivity and efficiency by further simplifying information access, embedding new visualization and analytic capabilities, and adding new extensibility and customization options. This next evolution of the user experience has been optimized for tablets and smartphones, so user productivity doesn't slow down when the user is working from a mobile device.
- Oracle announced enhancements to the Oracle Applications user experience, which will help organizations deliver the best possible user experience and maximize the value of their business-critical applications.
- Part of Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8, the enhancements further improve the simplicity, mobility, and extensibility of the user experience for Oracle HCM Cloud and Oracle Sales Cloud customers.
- The improvements let users quickly and easily access the essential information and actions that support the way they work, with user experiences that have been optimized for both tablets and smartphones.
- The simplified user interface in Oracle Sales Cloud enables sales reps to sell more by streamlining sales and administrative processes, while the simplified UI in Oracle HCM Cloud further drives efficiencies that help organizations maximize the potential of their global talent.
- Infographic-inspired, tablet-friendly, and interactive visualizations and embedded analytics appear throughout the new UI, further enhancing the user experience and mobility of business-critical applications.
- Expanded visualization and analytic capabilities help Oracle Sales Cloud users quickly and easily track sales performance, customer interactions, quota status, and forecasts. For Oracle HCM Cloud users, the visualization and analytic capabilities deliver a comprehensive view of employee information in a highly visual, intuitive, and actionable environment.
- New extensibility and customization capabilities let organizations personalize the branding, structure, and content of the UI with drag-and-drop ease of use.
- "Constellation believes that the vendors who deliver on simplicity, mobility and extensibility in their cloud apps will win over users in the market. There is a war for great design and enterprise software vendors continue to elevate their investments in building consumer grade user experiences." Ray Wang, Principal Analyst, Founder & Chairman at Constellation Research, Inc.
- "The simplified user interface simply looks great. Instead of a boring, or worse, intimidating enterprise application, it comes across as friendly, inviting and light. It enables the user to get going with the flattest learning curve imaginable: it is self-guiding, like any decent app installed on a tablet or smart phone. I can tell that our developers have their fingers itching to add something like the simplified UI on top of the applications we create for our customers. It is the way to go for virtually any application, considering the proliferation of devices, the mobilization of the workforce and the modern user experience demanded by the next generation of users." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS
- "Having had the privilege of seeing a preview of Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8, I am impressed with the enhancements around simplified UI. Even more so, at a recent user group event, an existing Oracle Cloud HCM customer said he was very excited about the latest release as the functionality was so superior and simple to use." Debra Lilley, Oracle ACE Director, DCL Consulting
- "We are both an Oracle Fusion Apps customer as well as a partner. Oracle Applications Cloud Release 7 was our first introduction to the latest Oracle user interface and it is exactly what the majority of our users like. As with many organizations, most of our own users are mobile and don't need all the extended functionality to perform certain tasks. With the latest Oracle cloud applications, we get just that in a simple, easy to follow way that is usable from multiple locations and with multiple devices." Herman Slange, Technical Manager, Profource.
- "We understand how people work. We want users to know where to go. We have simple screens and analytics, so that you can see your status, click to get more information and then commit to the task and go. We are making regular, incremental improvements." Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience
- Screenshots of the Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8 UI
- Oracle Sales Cloud
- Oracle HCM Cloud
- Voice of User Experience for Applications blog
The Oracle User Experience
User experience is a strategic investment area for Oracle. A clear example of this is research and development of Oracle's applications cloud user experiences, with a focus on simplicity, mobility and extensibility. Oracle investigates the capabilities of our next-generation cloud technology, built on Oracle Fusion Middleware, to create these product experiences, which range from simplified UI to wearable devices. We then leverage these innovations across our other product lines through user experience design patterns and associated development tools. Our goals are always to see a clear gain in end-user productivity and a return on our customers' investment in our applications and technologies.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612297
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612299
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612301
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612303
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 23, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,560
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,414
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from hardware to software, or as we like to say, it’s an Internet of many different things. The difference ...
Nov. 22, 2014 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,250
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,384
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,222
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,423
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 21, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,312
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,331
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,390
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,250
Focused on this fast-growing market’s needs, Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of IC solutions to advance "Ethernet Everywhere" in Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks, introduced its IStaX™ software (VSC6815SDK), a robust protocol stack to simplify deployment and management of Industrial-IoT network applications such as Industrial Ethernet switching, surveillance, video distribution, LCD signage, intelligent sensors, and metering equipment. Leveraging technologies proven in the Carrier and Enterprise markets, IStaX is designed to work ac...
Nov. 20, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,346
C-Labs LLC, a leading provider of remote and mobile access for the Internet of Things (IoT), announced the appointment of John Traynor to the position of chief operating officer. Previously a strategic advisor to the firm, Mr. Traynor will now oversee sales, marketing, finance, and operations. Mr. Traynor is based out of the C-Labs office in Redmond, Washington. He reports to Chris Muench, Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Traynor brings valuable business leadership and technology industry expertise to C-Labs. With over 30 years' experience in the high-tech sector, John Traynor has held numerous...
Nov. 20, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,294
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 20, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,082
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades.
Nov. 20, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,544
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Nov. 20, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,771
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Nov. 18, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 2,004
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,583
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,533
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Nov. 18, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,996
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world. The next @ThingsExpo will take place November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, in Santa Clara, California. Since its launch in 2008, Cloud Expo TV commercials have been aired and CNBC, Fox News Network, and Bloomberg TV. Please enjoy our 2014 commercial.
Nov. 13, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,536