|By Marketwired .||
|June 9, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/09/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's organizations, expectations of technology have never been higher. To help meet these expectations and maximize the value of business-critical applications, organizations must deliver a compelling user experience across all devices, including mobile devices. Addressing this challenge and underscoring its commitment to delivering the best possible user interface, Oracle has extended the simplicity, mobility, and extensibility of the Oracle applications user experience. Available to Oracle Sales Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud customers, the latest additions enhance productivity and efficiency by further simplifying information access, embedding new visualization and analytic capabilities, and adding new extensibility and customization options. This next evolution of the user experience has been optimized for tablets and smartphones, so user productivity doesn't slow down when the user is working from a mobile device.
- Oracle announced enhancements to the Oracle Applications user experience, which will help organizations deliver the best possible user experience and maximize the value of their business-critical applications.
- Part of Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8, the enhancements further improve the simplicity, mobility, and extensibility of the user experience for Oracle HCM Cloud and Oracle Sales Cloud customers.
- The improvements let users quickly and easily access the essential information and actions that support the way they work, with user experiences that have been optimized for both tablets and smartphones.
- The simplified user interface in Oracle Sales Cloud enables sales reps to sell more by streamlining sales and administrative processes, while the simplified UI in Oracle HCM Cloud further drives efficiencies that help organizations maximize the potential of their global talent.
- Infographic-inspired, tablet-friendly, and interactive visualizations and embedded analytics appear throughout the new UI, further enhancing the user experience and mobility of business-critical applications.
- Expanded visualization and analytic capabilities help Oracle Sales Cloud users quickly and easily track sales performance, customer interactions, quota status, and forecasts. For Oracle HCM Cloud users, the visualization and analytic capabilities deliver a comprehensive view of employee information in a highly visual, intuitive, and actionable environment.
- New extensibility and customization capabilities let organizations personalize the branding, structure, and content of the UI with drag-and-drop ease of use.
- "Constellation believes that the vendors who deliver on simplicity, mobility and extensibility in their cloud apps will win over users in the market. There is a war for great design and enterprise software vendors continue to elevate their investments in building consumer grade user experiences." Ray Wang, Principal Analyst, Founder & Chairman at Constellation Research, Inc.
- "The simplified user interface simply looks great. Instead of a boring, or worse, intimidating enterprise application, it comes across as friendly, inviting and light. It enables the user to get going with the flattest learning curve imaginable: it is self-guiding, like any decent app installed on a tablet or smart phone. I can tell that our developers have their fingers itching to add something like the simplified UI on top of the applications we create for our customers. It is the way to go for virtually any application, considering the proliferation of devices, the mobilization of the workforce and the modern user experience demanded by the next generation of users." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS
- "Having had the privilege of seeing a preview of Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8, I am impressed with the enhancements around simplified UI. Even more so, at a recent user group event, an existing Oracle Cloud HCM customer said he was very excited about the latest release as the functionality was so superior and simple to use." Debra Lilley, Oracle ACE Director, DCL Consulting
- "We are both an Oracle Fusion Apps customer as well as a partner. Oracle Applications Cloud Release 7 was our first introduction to the latest Oracle user interface and it is exactly what the majority of our users like. As with many organizations, most of our own users are mobile and don't need all the extended functionality to perform certain tasks. With the latest Oracle cloud applications, we get just that in a simple, easy to follow way that is usable from multiple locations and with multiple devices." Herman Slange, Technical Manager, Profource.
- "We understand how people work. We want users to know where to go. We have simple screens and analytics, so that you can see your status, click to get more information and then commit to the task and go. We are making regular, incremental improvements." Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience
- Screenshots of the Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8 UI
- Oracle Sales Cloud
- Oracle HCM Cloud
- Voice of User Experience for Applications blog
The Oracle User Experience
User experience is a strategic investment area for Oracle. A clear example of this is research and development of Oracle's applications cloud user experiences, with a focus on simplicity, mobility and extensibility. Oracle investigates the capabilities of our next-generation cloud technology, built on Oracle Fusion Middleware, to create these product experiences, which range from simplified UI to wearable devices. We then leverage these innovations across our other product lines through user experience design patterns and associated development tools. Our goals are always to see a clear gain in end-user productivity and a return on our customers' investment in our applications and technologies.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612297
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612299
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612301
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612303
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,847
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,870
Much of IT terminology is often misused and misapplied. Modernization and transformation are two such terms. They are often used interchangeably even though they mean different things and have very different connotations. Indeed, it is somewhat safe to assume that in IT any transformative effort is likely to also have a modernizing effect, and thus, we can see these as levels of improvement efforts. However, many businesses are being led to believe if they don’t transform now they risk becoming ...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,089
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,785
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,007
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,289
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,060
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 888
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,057
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,463
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,058
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,171
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,815
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 897
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 756
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,418
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 24, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,317
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 24, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,888
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 24, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,980
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,156