|By Marketwired .||
|June 9, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/09/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's organizations, expectations of technology have never been higher. To help meet these expectations and maximize the value of business-critical applications, organizations must deliver a compelling user experience across all devices, including mobile devices. Addressing this challenge and underscoring its commitment to delivering the best possible user interface, Oracle has extended the simplicity, mobility, and extensibility of the Oracle applications user experience. Available to Oracle Sales Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud customers, the latest additions enhance productivity and efficiency by further simplifying information access, embedding new visualization and analytic capabilities, and adding new extensibility and customization options. This next evolution of the user experience has been optimized for tablets and smartphones, so user productivity doesn't slow down when the user is working from a mobile device.
- Oracle announced enhancements to the Oracle Applications user experience, which will help organizations deliver the best possible user experience and maximize the value of their business-critical applications.
- Part of Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8, the enhancements further improve the simplicity, mobility, and extensibility of the user experience for Oracle HCM Cloud and Oracle Sales Cloud customers.
- The improvements let users quickly and easily access the essential information and actions that support the way they work, with user experiences that have been optimized for both tablets and smartphones.
- The simplified user interface in Oracle Sales Cloud enables sales reps to sell more by streamlining sales and administrative processes, while the simplified UI in Oracle HCM Cloud further drives efficiencies that help organizations maximize the potential of their global talent.
- Infographic-inspired, tablet-friendly, and interactive visualizations and embedded analytics appear throughout the new UI, further enhancing the user experience and mobility of business-critical applications.
- Expanded visualization and analytic capabilities help Oracle Sales Cloud users quickly and easily track sales performance, customer interactions, quota status, and forecasts. For Oracle HCM Cloud users, the visualization and analytic capabilities deliver a comprehensive view of employee information in a highly visual, intuitive, and actionable environment.
- New extensibility and customization capabilities let organizations personalize the branding, structure, and content of the UI with drag-and-drop ease of use.
- "Constellation believes that the vendors who deliver on simplicity, mobility and extensibility in their cloud apps will win over users in the market. There is a war for great design and enterprise software vendors continue to elevate their investments in building consumer grade user experiences." Ray Wang, Principal Analyst, Founder & Chairman at Constellation Research, Inc.
- "The simplified user interface simply looks great. Instead of a boring, or worse, intimidating enterprise application, it comes across as friendly, inviting and light. It enables the user to get going with the flattest learning curve imaginable: it is self-guiding, like any decent app installed on a tablet or smart phone. I can tell that our developers have their fingers itching to add something like the simplified UI on top of the applications we create for our customers. It is the way to go for virtually any application, considering the proliferation of devices, the mobilization of the workforce and the modern user experience demanded by the next generation of users." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS
- "Having had the privilege of seeing a preview of Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8, I am impressed with the enhancements around simplified UI. Even more so, at a recent user group event, an existing Oracle Cloud HCM customer said he was very excited about the latest release as the functionality was so superior and simple to use." Debra Lilley, Oracle ACE Director, DCL Consulting
- "We are both an Oracle Fusion Apps customer as well as a partner. Oracle Applications Cloud Release 7 was our first introduction to the latest Oracle user interface and it is exactly what the majority of our users like. As with many organizations, most of our own users are mobile and don't need all the extended functionality to perform certain tasks. With the latest Oracle cloud applications, we get just that in a simple, easy to follow way that is usable from multiple locations and with multiple devices." Herman Slange, Technical Manager, Profource.
- "We understand how people work. We want users to know where to go. We have simple screens and analytics, so that you can see your status, click to get more information and then commit to the task and go. We are making regular, incremental improvements." Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience
- Screenshots of the Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8 UI
- Oracle Sales Cloud
- Oracle HCM Cloud
- Voice of User Experience for Applications blog
The Oracle User Experience
User experience is a strategic investment area for Oracle. A clear example of this is research and development of Oracle's applications cloud user experiences, with a focus on simplicity, mobility and extensibility. Oracle investigates the capabilities of our next-generation cloud technology, built on Oracle Fusion Middleware, to create these product experiences, which range from simplified UI to wearable devices. We then leverage these innovations across our other product lines through user experience design patterns and associated development tools. Our goals are always to see a clear gain in end-user productivity and a return on our customers' investment in our applications and technologies.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612297
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612299
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612301
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2612303
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 357
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 336
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,421
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 143
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,077
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,173
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,298
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,205
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 335
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,910
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 405
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,973
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 487
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,553
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,502