|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's fast-paced, hyper-connected, and mobile/social world, businesses demand instantaneous information and responsiveness. In this environment, businesses must be able to move as fast as their customers, be they B2B or B2C, to deliver the experience those customers demand.
For years, technology companies have been talking about the "real-time" enterprise. And for years, that's all those vendors delivered -- talk -- because they didn't have the necessary range of world-class technologies to deliver on the real-time promise. But today, Oracle is changing that paradigm, because only Oracle can bring together for customers optimized in-memory capabilities across applications, middleware, databases, and systems. Oracle Database In-Memory transparently extends the power of Oracle Database 12c to enable organizations to discover business insights in real-time while simultaneously increasing transactional performance. With Oracle Database In-Memory, users can get immediate answers to business questions that previously took hours to obtain and are able to deliver a faster, better experience to both their internal and external constituents.
Oracle Database In-Memory delivers leading-edge in-memory performance without the need to restrict functionality or accept compromises, complexity and risk. Deploying Oracle Database In-Memory with virtually any existing Oracle Database-compatible application is as easy as flipping a switch -- no application changes are required. It is fully integrated with Oracle Database's renowned scale-up, scale-out, storage tiering, availability and security technologies making it the most industrial-strength offering in the industry.
At a special event at Oracle's headquarters, CEO Larry Ellison described how the ability to combine real-time data analysis with sub-second transactions on existing applications enables organizations to become Real-Time Enterprises that quickly make data-driven decisions, respond instantly to customers' demands, and continuously optimize key processes.
What Customers are Saying
- "As a consumer Internet pioneer and innovator, Yahoo is always at the leading edge of big data and database technology to deliver a responsive, seamless consumer experience. We joined Oracle's beta program to understand how memory optimization could sharpen our big data processing," said Sudhi Vijayakumar, Yahoo's Principal Oracle Database Architect. "Full support for Oracle Real Application Clusters' scale-out capabilities means Oracle Database In-Memory can be used even on our largest data warehouses."
- Oracle Database In-Memory enables customers to accelerate database performance by orders of magnitude for analytics, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- An innovative, dual-format in-memory architecture combines the best of row format and column format to simultaneously deliver fast analytics and efficient OLTP.
- Oracle Database In-Memory allows any existing Oracle Database-compatible application to automatically and transparently take advantage of columnar in-memory processing, without additional programming or application changes.
- Oracle Database In-Memory demonstrated from 100x to more than 1000x speedup for enterprise application modules in performance tests, including Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's JD Edwards, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle's Siebel, and Oracle Fusion Applications.
- The ability to combine real-time data analysis with sub-second transactions on existing applications enables organizations to become Real-Time Enterprises that quickly make data-driven decisions, respond instantly to customers' demands, and continuously optimize all key processes.
- Oracle Database In-Memory has undergone extensive validation testing by hundreds of end-users, ISV partners, and Oracle Applications teams over the past nine months.
- Oracle Database In-Memory is scheduled for general availability in July and can be used with all hardware platforms on which Oracle Database 12c is supported.
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is also announcing that Oracle Database 12c Ready certification will soon include Oracle Database In-Memory.
Software and Hardware Engineered for the Real-Time Enterprise
- Building on years of innovations and maturity, Oracle Database In-Memory inherits all Oracle Database capabilities including:
- Maximum Availability Architecture to protect against data loss and downtime.
- Industry leading security technologies.
- Scalability to meet any requirement via scale-up on large SMP servers, scale-out across a cluster of servers, and storage-tiering, to cost effectively run databases of any size -- whether petabyte-scale data warehouses, big data processing or database clouds.
- Rich programmability: Java, R, Big Data, PHP Python, Node, REST, Ruby, etc.
- Full data type support: relational, objects, XML, text, spatial, and new integrated JSON support.
- Oracle Engineered Systems are the ideal complement to Oracle Database In-Memory:
- Oracle Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle SuperCluster, are optimized for Oracle Database In-Memory, featuring large memory capacity, extreme performance, and high availability while tiering less active data to flash and disk to deliver outstanding cost effectiveness.
- In-Memory fault tolerance on Oracle Engineered Systems optionally duplicates in-memory data across nodes enabling queries to instantly use a copy of in-memory data if a server fails. New Direct-to-Wire Infiniband accelerates scale-out for in-memory.
- Oracle's M6-32 Big Memory Machine is the most powerful scale-up platform for Oracle Database In-Memory providing up to 32 Terabytes of DRAM memory and 3 terabytes/sec of memory bandwidth for maximum in-memory performance.
- "We are delighted that our MicroStrategy Analytics Platform is among the first third-party applications to be certified with Oracle Database In-Memory," explained Paul Zolfaghari, President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Our participation in Oracle's beta program and integration with Oracle Database In-Memory builds on our long-standing relationship with Oracle, underscoring the importance of working together to optimize our platforms to extend the advanced functionality and speed performance improvements to our joint customers."
- "Oracle is the only vendor in the industry to embrace in-memory computing from applications to middleware to database to systems, enabling businesses to maximize profitability by accelerating operations, quickly discovering new growth opportunities and making smarter, real-time decisions," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "Oracle Database 12c In-Memory uniquely delivers unprecedented performance for virtually all workloads with 100 percent application transparency and no data migration. Plus all the high availability, scalability, and security that customers have come to expect from the Oracle Database are fully preserved."
- "Oracle Applications provide the foundation for our customers' mission-critical business operations, including sales, financials, supply chain and human resources. By raising the bar on speed, Oracle Database In-Memory enables customers to compound the value of their existing applications by deriving new insights and business opportunities faster," said Steve Miranda, Executive Vice President of Application Development, Oracle.
- Oracle Database
- Introducing Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Database In-Memory product page
- Forbes: How In-Memory Technology can Transform Your Business
- Download Oracle Database In-Memory media kit
- Connect with Oracle Database via the Oracle Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201406/76191_DBIM_ComparChart_Vert.pdf
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2613727
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,277
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,873
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 662
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,716
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,405
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,922
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,079
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,238
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,753
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,937
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,630
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,443
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,640
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,084
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,988
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,389
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,683
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 29, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,222
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,070
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,819