|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 01:58 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
With data growing at unprecedented levels, application providers need a robust, scalable and high-performance infrastructure to manage and analyze data at the speed of business. Helping Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) meet these challenges, Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is today extending its Oracle Exastack program to give partners the opportunity to achieve Oracle Exastack Ready or Optimized status for Oracle Big Data Appliance and Oracle Database Appliance.
The announcement was made today during the sixth annual Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) global kickoff event, "Engineered for Success: Oracle and Partners Winning Together." For a replay of the event, visit: http://bit.ly/1pgDjXL
- OPN is extending the Oracle Exastack Ready and Oracle Exastack Optimized program to include Oracle Database Appliance and Oracle Big Data Appliance.
- With the new offerings, Oracle partners can confidently demonstrate to their customers that they have the right infrastructure to manage today's most challenging data environments.
- Oracle Database Appliance is a simple, reliable, and complete package of software, server, storage, and networking for ISV applications that can save time and money by helping them streamline deployment, maintenance, and support of application workloads.
- Optimized to reduce deployment times and reduce risk, Oracle Big Data Appliance is an engineered system that offers a comprehensive and secure solution for ISVs to showcase their enterprise big data capabilities at a low total cost of ownership.
- The Oracle Exastack program helps enable ISVs and other members of OPN -- whether in an on-premise, cloud, or hybrid environment -- rapidly innovate, build and deliver faster, more reliable applications by providing a scalable, integrated, and high-performance infrastructure.
- With the Exastack program, partners can certify their applications on Oracle Engineered Systems, signifying to customers that their applications are either supported and ready to run with or have been optimized, tuned and tested on engineered systems to deliver the reliability, speed and flexibility they require.
- With this program, ISVs can differentiate themselves by demonstrating to customers that their solutions are either supported -- Oracle Exastack Ready -- or tuned and tested -- Oracle Exastack Optimized -- to deliver optimum speed, scalability, and reliability with Oracle Engineered Systems.
- In the past fiscal year the program saw more than 190 percent growth in partner participation and support of Oracle Engineered Systems.
- More than 1,375 ISV applications are supported with Oracle Engineered Systems and have achieved an Oracle Exastack Ready status and over 200 ISV applications have achieved an Oracle Exastack Optimized status.
- "IFS has been leveraging Oracle database technology for more than 30 years as one of the cornerstones of our ERP enterprise architecture," said David Eager, vice president of Global Alliances at IFS. "The out-of-the-box simplicity of Oracle Database Appliance makes it even easier for us to manage the most challenging data workloads of our customers, while reducing cost and complexity. We look forward to adding Oracle Database Appliance Ready status next to our Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Optimized achievements to offer our customers more great ways to run their businesses in an agile way."
- "TCS was looking for an enterprise grade and reliable Hadoop solution for our HDMS document management application," said Jayant Dani, principal consultant, Component Engineering Group, TCS. "We were drawn to Oracle's Big Data Appliance for its ready to use platform, superior performance, scalability, and simple scale-out capabilities."
- "Oracle Database Appliance has enabled us to gain unprecedented levels of performance, with lower cost and less hassle than traditional database environments," said Amit A. Shah, vice president Product Development and Engineering, Mformation Software Technologies. "Managing the Internet of Things for billions of wirelessly connected devices in machine-to-machine deployments takes a high level of reliability, and Oracle Database Appliance enables us to deliver on that promise for our customers."
- "Customers are looking for application partners that can deliver the reliability and performance their constituents demand," said Steve Biondi, group vice president, Worldwide Alliances & Channels, ISV & OEM Sales, Oracle. "By continuing to evolve the Oracle Exastack program we are providing partners the enablement resources and technologies they need to meet their most challenging IT and data management environments. With Oracle Engineered Systems at their core, our ISV application partners will have the flexibility and performance they require, while also giving their customers confidence that the solution will be available when they need it."
- Oracle Exastack Program
- Oracle Exastack Partner Successes
- Oracle Exastack Overview
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,193
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,848
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,216
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 23, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,408
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,940
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,646
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,767
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,017
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,411
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,788
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,867
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 870
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 23, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 799
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 23, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,885
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,721
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, discussed how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technologi...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 939
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,982
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,305
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,508
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,841