|By Marketwired .||
|July 17, 2014 11:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/17/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Supporting large database workloads used to require large numbers of high-end servers and storage arrays. Now, with Oracle's new Exadata Database Machine X4-8, workloads that previously required dozens of racks of equipment can run dramatically faster on a single engineered system.
The Exadata Database Machine X4-8 delivers extreme compute and data throughput for large database workloads using powerful 8-socket database servers, intelligent storage, ultra-fast PCI flash cards, and unified InfiniBand connectivity.
While the Exadata Database Machine X4-8 excels at traditional database workloads such as online transaction processing (OLTP) and data warehousing, it is specifically optimized for a new generation of workloads: database as a service (DBaaS) and database in-memory. With up to 12 terabytes (TB) of DRAM memory, the Exadata Database Machine X4-8 can consolidate hundreds of databases and can run massive databases entirely in-memory.
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8 has been enhanced with increased compute, memory, and communication to provide an ideal platform for customers' most critical data-intensive operations, including data warehousing, OLTP, and big data analytics. The new engineered system is specifically optimized for DBaaS and in-memory database.
- Optimized for Oracle Database In-Memory, Exadata Database Machine X4-8 supports in-memory processing with massive DRAM capacity, together with transparent data tiering to flash and disk for less performance-critical data.
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8 supports Oracle Database In-Memory fault tolerance, allowing in-memory processing to continue without interruption, even when a database node fails.
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8 further reduces the operational and management costs in large private and public cloud deployments of Oracle Database, enabling large-scale DBaaS or consolidation initiatives within the enterprise.
- For the database compute nodes, Exadata Database Machine X4-8 uses the Intel® Xeon® E7-8895 v2, an optimized 15-core microprocessor that elastically scales frequency and number of active cores to help deliver peak workload performance.
- Overall, Exadata Database Machine X4-8 provides large performance and memory increases compared to the previous generation. The hardware enhancements include:
- 50 percent more database compute cores, using the Xeon® E7 v2 15-core processors
- Up to 6TB of memory per compute node for a total of 12TB per rack
- 2x faster InfiniBand with a new PCIe card with all ports active
- Nearly 2x more local disk space
- Up to 672 TB of disk storage, and 44 TB of PCI flash per rack
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8 hardware is compatible and interoperable with previously released Oracle Exadata Database Machines, enabling customers with existing systems to easily expand with the newest system. Additionally, the new Oracle Exadata software supports previous-generation Oracle Exadata hardware systems and also supports both Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
- Oracle designs engineered systems to reduce the cost and complexity of IT infrastructure by optimizing performance at every layer of the stack. Thousands of customers worldwide rely on Oracle Exadata to simplify data center operations, drive down costs, and accelerate business innovation.
- "Since Oracle Exadata Database Machine was introduced in 2008, Oracle has been delivering industry-leading engineered systems that help our customers attain the most value from their enterprise data," said Juan Loaiza, Senior Vice President, Systems Technology, Oracle. "Exadata Database Machine X4-8 again raises the bar and provides an ideal platform for Oracle Database In-Memory. Together, the combination enables customers to evolve into real-time enterprises."
- "The massive influx of data and the need to respond immediately to changing business conditions require IT to take a new approach to their data infrastructure," said Diane Bryant, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Intel's Data Center Group. "This customized version of the Intel Xeon processor E7 v2, developed in collaboration with Oracle, helps maximize the power of the Exadata Database Machine X4-8 by elastically accelerating peak performance of database operations, while also reducing the data footprint."
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8
- Video: Oracle Introduces Exadata Database Machine X4-8
- Video: New Database Technologies and Elastic Computing
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Database Cloud Service
- Follow Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201407/77574_Exadata_X4_8_InMemoryProcessing.pdf
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201407/77573_Exadata_X4_8_4DBaaS.pdf
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2641139
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2641142
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,250
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,472
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,479
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,969
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,947
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,117
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,460
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,849
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,051
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,690
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,929
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,759
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,354
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,549
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,725
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 902
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,673
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,011
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 776