|By Marketwired .||
|July 17, 2014 11:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/17/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Supporting large database workloads used to require large numbers of high-end servers and storage arrays. Now, with Oracle's new Exadata Database Machine X4-8, workloads that previously required dozens of racks of equipment can run dramatically faster on a single engineered system.
The Exadata Database Machine X4-8 delivers extreme compute and data throughput for large database workloads using powerful 8-socket database servers, intelligent storage, ultra-fast PCI flash cards, and unified InfiniBand connectivity.
While the Exadata Database Machine X4-8 excels at traditional database workloads such as online transaction processing (OLTP) and data warehousing, it is specifically optimized for a new generation of workloads: database as a service (DBaaS) and database in-memory. With up to 12 terabytes (TB) of DRAM memory, the Exadata Database Machine X4-8 can consolidate hundreds of databases and can run massive databases entirely in-memory.
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8 has been enhanced with increased compute, memory, and communication to provide an ideal platform for customers' most critical data-intensive operations, including data warehousing, OLTP, and big data analytics. The new engineered system is specifically optimized for DBaaS and in-memory database.
- Optimized for Oracle Database In-Memory, Exadata Database Machine X4-8 supports in-memory processing with massive DRAM capacity, together with transparent data tiering to flash and disk for less performance-critical data.
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8 supports Oracle Database In-Memory fault tolerance, allowing in-memory processing to continue without interruption, even when a database node fails.
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8 further reduces the operational and management costs in large private and public cloud deployments of Oracle Database, enabling large-scale DBaaS or consolidation initiatives within the enterprise.
- For the database compute nodes, Exadata Database Machine X4-8 uses the Intel® Xeon® E7-8895 v2, an optimized 15-core microprocessor that elastically scales frequency and number of active cores to help deliver peak workload performance.
- Overall, Exadata Database Machine X4-8 provides large performance and memory increases compared to the previous generation. The hardware enhancements include:
- 50 percent more database compute cores, using the Xeon® E7 v2 15-core processors
- Up to 6TB of memory per compute node for a total of 12TB per rack
- 2x faster InfiniBand with a new PCIe card with all ports active
- Nearly 2x more local disk space
- Up to 672 TB of disk storage, and 44 TB of PCI flash per rack
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8 hardware is compatible and interoperable with previously released Oracle Exadata Database Machines, enabling customers with existing systems to easily expand with the newest system. Additionally, the new Oracle Exadata software supports previous-generation Oracle Exadata hardware systems and also supports both Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
- Oracle designs engineered systems to reduce the cost and complexity of IT infrastructure by optimizing performance at every layer of the stack. Thousands of customers worldwide rely on Oracle Exadata to simplify data center operations, drive down costs, and accelerate business innovation.
- "Since Oracle Exadata Database Machine was introduced in 2008, Oracle has been delivering industry-leading engineered systems that help our customers attain the most value from their enterprise data," said Juan Loaiza, Senior Vice President, Systems Technology, Oracle. "Exadata Database Machine X4-8 again raises the bar and provides an ideal platform for Oracle Database In-Memory. Together, the combination enables customers to evolve into real-time enterprises."
- "The massive influx of data and the need to respond immediately to changing business conditions require IT to take a new approach to their data infrastructure," said Diane Bryant, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Intel's Data Center Group. "This customized version of the Intel Xeon processor E7 v2, developed in collaboration with Oracle, helps maximize the power of the Exadata Database Machine X4-8 by elastically accelerating peak performance of database operations, while also reducing the data footprint."
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Exadata Database Machine X4-8
- Video: Oracle Introduces Exadata Database Machine X4-8
- Video: New Database Technologies and Elastic Computing
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Database Cloud Service
- Follow Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201407/77574_Exadata_X4_8_InMemoryProcessing.pdf
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201407/77573_Exadata_X4_8_4DBaaS.pdf
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2641139
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2641142
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,376
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,994
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,543
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 554
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,156
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 369
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,949
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,586
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,339
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,880
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,520
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,180
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,147
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,172
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,962
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,626
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,818
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 11,537
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,079