|By Marketwired .||
|July 30, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/30/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's fast-paced, technology-driven business environment, organizations face an ever-growing volume of enterprise data to manage and analyze. To effectively deliver enhanced customer experiences, analytical insights, and efficient operations, companies around the world are adopting Oracle Database 12c, including key options such as Oracle Multitenant and Oracle Database In-Memory. Oracle Multitenant is helping customers to more easily consolidate and manage multiple databases as one, resulting in improved efficiency and simplified management with maximum availability. Additionally, the newly available Oracle Database In-Memory option transparently extends the power of Oracle Database 12c to enable organizations to discover business insights in real-time while simultaneously increasing transactional performance.
- Customers and partners worldwide are using Oracle Database 12c to manage their critical and complex data workloads.
- The latest release, Oracle Database 12c Release 188.8.131.52, is generally available and includes Oracle Database In-Memory, an option designed to power the real-time enterprise, enabling better and faster business decisions by accelerating the performance of Oracle Database applications.
- By leveraging the Oracle Multitenant architecture that simplifies database consolidation in the cloud, organizations around the world have deployed database as a service (DBaaS), allowing them to manage multiple databases on a shared, scalable, and agile database platform.
- With DBaaS facilitated through Oracle Database 12c, customers have improved server utilization and streamlined database management, all while retaining database isolation and with no application changes.
- Many Oracle PartnerNetwork partners have deployed their applications on Oracle Database 12c to gain a competitive advantage for themselves and their end users, making it one of the most rapidly adopted technologies in the Oracle partner ecosystem. By hosting clients' databases in the cloud with Oracle Multitenant, partners are passing along cost savings to their customers through streamlined management, shared resources, and trusted security.
- This latest release of Oracle Database 12c also enables customers and partners to:
- Easily develop applications with new types of data. With JSON support in Oracle Database 12c Release 184.108.40.206, organizations can store JSON document data in their Oracle Database and query it through traditional SQL and RESTful interfaces.
- Accelerate database and data warehousing performance. Attribute clustering is designed to ensure that related columns in a database are physically stored together for faster access.
- Simplify delivery of mission-critical DBaaS environments. A new Rapid Home Provisioning feature in Oracle Database 12c simplifies provisioning, upgrade, patching, and maintenance of multitenant database cloud environments.
- "As the cloud, mobile devices, and the web send larger volumes of data into the enterprise, organizations are challenged to manage this data efficiently and cost-effectively," said Andrew Mendelsohn, executive vice president, Oracle Database Server Technologies. "Customers around the world are harnessing Oracle Database 12c along with options including Oracle Multitenant to consolidate their databases and deliver database as a service on premises and in the cloud. With the added firepower of Oracle Database In-Memory now available, customers can instantly gain the competitive advantage of the real-time enterprise with the flip of a switch."
- "The Oracle Taleo Business Edition Cloud Service platform leverages Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Multitenant to provide a proven, scalable, multitenant platform to further grow our customer base," said Obaidur Rashid, senior director, development, Oracle Taleo. "By migrating Oracle Taleo Business Edition to a SaaS platform using Oracle Multitenant, we now have a fast, reliable, and scalable database powering our applications to better meet customers' service-level expectations and help grow our business."
- "Deploying Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Multitenant on Oracle Exadata has saved us $1.7 million in capital expense alone, had we decided to maintain our current AIX P-Series environment," said Brian Pawlik, information services manager, Pulte Group Inc. "The value of Oracle Multitenant 'manage many-as-one' for patching and database management has allowed us to save in increasing database staff, and the database clone capability, we project, will save us approximately four man-months in our first year. This was an exceptionally smooth migration for us from Oracle Database 11g to Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Multitenant on Oracle Exadata."
- "With Oracle Database In-Memory, we saw our query performance go from minutes and hours to seconds, while dropping indexes reduced our database size by 80 percent," said Francois Bermond, Data & Analytics, Schneider Electric.
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Multitenant
- Connect with Oracle Database via the Oracle Blog, Facebook, and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,368
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,748
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 211
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,245
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,155
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 402
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 176
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,024
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,036
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,017
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 230
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,890
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,550
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,135
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 378
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,935
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 442
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,517
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,479
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Jul. 24, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,042