|By Marketwired .||
|July 30, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/30/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's fast-paced, technology-driven business environment, organizations face an ever-growing volume of enterprise data to manage and analyze. To effectively deliver enhanced customer experiences, analytical insights, and efficient operations, companies around the world are adopting Oracle Database 12c, including key options such as Oracle Multitenant and Oracle Database In-Memory. Oracle Multitenant is helping customers to more easily consolidate and manage multiple databases as one, resulting in improved efficiency and simplified management with maximum availability. Additionally, the newly available Oracle Database In-Memory option transparently extends the power of Oracle Database 12c to enable organizations to discover business insights in real-time while simultaneously increasing transactional performance.
- Customers and partners worldwide are using Oracle Database 12c to manage their critical and complex data workloads.
- The latest release, Oracle Database 12c Release 188.8.131.52, is generally available and includes Oracle Database In-Memory, an option designed to power the real-time enterprise, enabling better and faster business decisions by accelerating the performance of Oracle Database applications.
- By leveraging the Oracle Multitenant architecture that simplifies database consolidation in the cloud, organizations around the world have deployed database as a service (DBaaS), allowing them to manage multiple databases on a shared, scalable, and agile database platform.
- With DBaaS facilitated through Oracle Database 12c, customers have improved server utilization and streamlined database management, all while retaining database isolation and with no application changes.
- Many Oracle PartnerNetwork partners have deployed their applications on Oracle Database 12c to gain a competitive advantage for themselves and their end users, making it one of the most rapidly adopted technologies in the Oracle partner ecosystem. By hosting clients' databases in the cloud with Oracle Multitenant, partners are passing along cost savings to their customers through streamlined management, shared resources, and trusted security.
- This latest release of Oracle Database 12c also enables customers and partners to:
- Easily develop applications with new types of data. With JSON support in Oracle Database 12c Release 184.108.40.206, organizations can store JSON document data in their Oracle Database and query it through traditional SQL and RESTful interfaces.
- Accelerate database and data warehousing performance. Attribute clustering is designed to ensure that related columns in a database are physically stored together for faster access.
- Simplify delivery of mission-critical DBaaS environments. A new Rapid Home Provisioning feature in Oracle Database 12c simplifies provisioning, upgrade, patching, and maintenance of multitenant database cloud environments.
- "As the cloud, mobile devices, and the web send larger volumes of data into the enterprise, organizations are challenged to manage this data efficiently and cost-effectively," said Andrew Mendelsohn, executive vice president, Oracle Database Server Technologies. "Customers around the world are harnessing Oracle Database 12c along with options including Oracle Multitenant to consolidate their databases and deliver database as a service on premises and in the cloud. With the added firepower of Oracle Database In-Memory now available, customers can instantly gain the competitive advantage of the real-time enterprise with the flip of a switch."
- "The Oracle Taleo Business Edition Cloud Service platform leverages Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Multitenant to provide a proven, scalable, multitenant platform to further grow our customer base," said Obaidur Rashid, senior director, development, Oracle Taleo. "By migrating Oracle Taleo Business Edition to a SaaS platform using Oracle Multitenant, we now have a fast, reliable, and scalable database powering our applications to better meet customers' service-level expectations and help grow our business."
- "Deploying Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Multitenant on Oracle Exadata has saved us $1.7 million in capital expense alone, had we decided to maintain our current AIX P-Series environment," said Brian Pawlik, information services manager, Pulte Group Inc. "The value of Oracle Multitenant 'manage many-as-one' for patching and database management has allowed us to save in increasing database staff, and the database clone capability, we project, will save us approximately four man-months in our first year. This was an exceptionally smooth migration for us from Oracle Database 11g to Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Multitenant on Oracle Exadata."
- "With Oracle Database In-Memory, we saw our query performance go from minutes and hours to seconds, while dropping indexes reduced our database size by 80 percent," said Francois Bermond, Data & Analytics, Schneider Electric.
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Multitenant
- Connect with Oracle Database via the Oracle Blog, Facebook, and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 320
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,545
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,779
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,629
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,671
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 876
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,418
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 983
The paradigm has shifted. A Gartner survey shows that 43% of organizations are using or plan to implement the Internet of Things in 2016. However, not just a handful of companies are still using the old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways, unaware of the critical barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can you become a winner? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will present a methodical approach to guide the holistic adoption and enablement of IoT implementations. This ov...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,548
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 848
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 795
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 777
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,494
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
Apr. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,657
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Apr. 29, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,239
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
Apr. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 496
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
Apr. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,427
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
Apr. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,120
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,005
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 857