|By Marketwired .||
|July 30, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/30/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's fast-paced, technology-driven business environment, organizations face an ever-growing volume of enterprise data to manage and analyze. To effectively deliver enhanced customer experiences, analytical insights, and efficient operations, companies around the world are adopting Oracle Database 12c, including key options such as Oracle Multitenant and Oracle Database In-Memory. Oracle Multitenant is helping customers to more easily consolidate and manage multiple databases as one, resulting in improved efficiency and simplified management with maximum availability. Additionally, the newly available Oracle Database In-Memory option transparently extends the power of Oracle Database 12c to enable organizations to discover business insights in real-time while simultaneously increasing transactional performance.
- Customers and partners worldwide are using Oracle Database 12c to manage their critical and complex data workloads.
- The latest release, Oracle Database 12c Release 126.96.36.199, is generally available and includes Oracle Database In-Memory, an option designed to power the real-time enterprise, enabling better and faster business decisions by accelerating the performance of Oracle Database applications.
- By leveraging the Oracle Multitenant architecture that simplifies database consolidation in the cloud, organizations around the world have deployed database as a service (DBaaS), allowing them to manage multiple databases on a shared, scalable, and agile database platform.
- With DBaaS facilitated through Oracle Database 12c, customers have improved server utilization and streamlined database management, all while retaining database isolation and with no application changes.
- Many Oracle PartnerNetwork partners have deployed their applications on Oracle Database 12c to gain a competitive advantage for themselves and their end users, making it one of the most rapidly adopted technologies in the Oracle partner ecosystem. By hosting clients' databases in the cloud with Oracle Multitenant, partners are passing along cost savings to their customers through streamlined management, shared resources, and trusted security.
- This latest release of Oracle Database 12c also enables customers and partners to:
- Easily develop applications with new types of data. With JSON support in Oracle Database 12c Release 188.8.131.52, organizations can store JSON document data in their Oracle Database and query it through traditional SQL and RESTful interfaces.
- Accelerate database and data warehousing performance. Attribute clustering is designed to ensure that related columns in a database are physically stored together for faster access.
- Simplify delivery of mission-critical DBaaS environments. A new Rapid Home Provisioning feature in Oracle Database 12c simplifies provisioning, upgrade, patching, and maintenance of multitenant database cloud environments.
- "As the cloud, mobile devices, and the web send larger volumes of data into the enterprise, organizations are challenged to manage this data efficiently and cost-effectively," said Andrew Mendelsohn, executive vice president, Oracle Database Server Technologies. "Customers around the world are harnessing Oracle Database 12c along with options including Oracle Multitenant to consolidate their databases and deliver database as a service on premises and in the cloud. With the added firepower of Oracle Database In-Memory now available, customers can instantly gain the competitive advantage of the real-time enterprise with the flip of a switch."
- "The Oracle Taleo Business Edition Cloud Service platform leverages Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Multitenant to provide a proven, scalable, multitenant platform to further grow our customer base," said Obaidur Rashid, senior director, development, Oracle Taleo. "By migrating Oracle Taleo Business Edition to a SaaS platform using Oracle Multitenant, we now have a fast, reliable, and scalable database powering our applications to better meet customers' service-level expectations and help grow our business."
- "Deploying Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Multitenant on Oracle Exadata has saved us $1.7 million in capital expense alone, had we decided to maintain our current AIX P-Series environment," said Brian Pawlik, information services manager, Pulte Group Inc. "The value of Oracle Multitenant 'manage many-as-one' for patching and database management has allowed us to save in increasing database staff, and the database clone capability, we project, will save us approximately four man-months in our first year. This was an exceptionally smooth migration for us from Oracle Database 11g to Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Multitenant on Oracle Exadata."
- "With Oracle Database In-Memory, we saw our query performance go from minutes and hours to seconds, while dropping indexes reduced our database size by 80 percent," said Francois Bermond, Data & Analytics, Schneider Electric.
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Multitenant
- Connect with Oracle Database via the Oracle Blog, Facebook, and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,795
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,114
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,947
"C2M is our digital transformation and IoT platform. We've had C2M on the market for almost three years now and it has a comprehensive set of functionalities that it brings to the market," explained Mahesh Ramu, Vice President, IoT Strategy and Operations at Plasma, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,026
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,879
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,719
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 948
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 23, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,000
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,912
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,431
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,233
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,387
Much of IT terminology is often misused and misapplied. Modernization and transformation are two such terms. They are often used interchangeably even though they mean different things and have very different connotations. Indeed, it is somewhat safe to assume that in IT any transformative effort is likely to also have a modernizing effect, and thus, we can see these as levels of improvement efforts. However, many businesses are being led to believe if they don’t transform now they risk becoming ...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,043
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,043
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 951
Jul. 23, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,009
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,769
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,835
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 23, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 570
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 23, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 641