|By Marketwired .||
|July 30, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/30/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's fast-paced, technology-driven business environment, organizations face an ever-growing volume of enterprise data to manage and analyze. To effectively deliver enhanced customer experiences, analytical insights, and efficient operations, companies around the world are adopting Oracle Database 12c, including key options such as Oracle Multitenant and Oracle Database In-Memory. Oracle Multitenant is helping customers to more easily consolidate and manage multiple databases as one, resulting in improved efficiency and simplified management with maximum availability. Additionally, the newly available Oracle Database In-Memory option transparently extends the power of Oracle Database 12c to enable organizations to discover business insights in real-time while simultaneously increasing transactional performance.
- Customers and partners worldwide are using Oracle Database 12c to manage their critical and complex data workloads.
- The latest release, Oracle Database 12c Release 18.104.22.168, is generally available and includes Oracle Database In-Memory, an option designed to power the real-time enterprise, enabling better and faster business decisions by accelerating the performance of Oracle Database applications.
- By leveraging the Oracle Multitenant architecture that simplifies database consolidation in the cloud, organizations around the world have deployed database as a service (DBaaS), allowing them to manage multiple databases on a shared, scalable, and agile database platform.
- With DBaaS facilitated through Oracle Database 12c, customers have improved server utilization and streamlined database management, all while retaining database isolation and with no application changes.
- Many Oracle PartnerNetwork partners have deployed their applications on Oracle Database 12c to gain a competitive advantage for themselves and their end users, making it one of the most rapidly adopted technologies in the Oracle partner ecosystem. By hosting clients' databases in the cloud with Oracle Multitenant, partners are passing along cost savings to their customers through streamlined management, shared resources, and trusted security.
- This latest release of Oracle Database 12c also enables customers and partners to:
- Easily develop applications with new types of data. With JSON support in Oracle Database 12c Release 22.214.171.124, organizations can store JSON document data in their Oracle Database and query it through traditional SQL and RESTful interfaces.
- Accelerate database and data warehousing performance. Attribute clustering is designed to ensure that related columns in a database are physically stored together for faster access.
- Simplify delivery of mission-critical DBaaS environments. A new Rapid Home Provisioning feature in Oracle Database 12c simplifies provisioning, upgrade, patching, and maintenance of multitenant database cloud environments.
- "As the cloud, mobile devices, and the web send larger volumes of data into the enterprise, organizations are challenged to manage this data efficiently and cost-effectively," said Andrew Mendelsohn, executive vice president, Oracle Database Server Technologies. "Customers around the world are harnessing Oracle Database 12c along with options including Oracle Multitenant to consolidate their databases and deliver database as a service on premises and in the cloud. With the added firepower of Oracle Database In-Memory now available, customers can instantly gain the competitive advantage of the real-time enterprise with the flip of a switch."
- "The Oracle Taleo Business Edition Cloud Service platform leverages Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Multitenant to provide a proven, scalable, multitenant platform to further grow our customer base," said Obaidur Rashid, senior director, development, Oracle Taleo. "By migrating Oracle Taleo Business Edition to a SaaS platform using Oracle Multitenant, we now have a fast, reliable, and scalable database powering our applications to better meet customers' service-level expectations and help grow our business."
- "Deploying Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Multitenant on Oracle Exadata has saved us $1.7 million in capital expense alone, had we decided to maintain our current AIX P-Series environment," said Brian Pawlik, information services manager, Pulte Group Inc. "The value of Oracle Multitenant 'manage many-as-one' for patching and database management has allowed us to save in increasing database staff, and the database clone capability, we project, will save us approximately four man-months in our first year. This was an exceptionally smooth migration for us from Oracle Database 11g to Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Multitenant on Oracle Exadata."
- "With Oracle Database In-Memory, we saw our query performance go from minutes and hours to seconds, while dropping indexes reduced our database size by 80 percent," said Francois Bermond, Data & Analytics, Schneider Electric.
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Multitenant
- Connect with Oracle Database via the Oracle Blog, Facebook, and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Luxoft Holding, Inc., a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Luxoft’s software development services consist of core and mission-critical custom software development and support, product engineering and testing, and technology consulting.
Oct. 7, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 589
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 745
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 450
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, will look at different existing uses of peer-to-peer data sharing and how it can become useful in a live session to...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 545
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley. The program, to be aired during the peak viewership season of the year, will have a major impac...
Oct. 7, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 150
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 7, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 189
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 250
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 156
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 464
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 671
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 482
The enterprise is being consumerized, and the consumer is being enterprised. Moore's Law does not matter anymore, the future belongs to business virtualization powered by invisible service architecture, powered by hyperscale and hyperconvergence, and facilitated by vertical streaming and horizontal scaling and consolidation. Both buyers and sellers want instant results, and from paperwork to paperless to mindless is the ultimate goal for any seamless transaction. The sweetest sweet spot in innovation is automation. The most painful pain point for any business is the mismatch between supplies a...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 148
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 557
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 7, 2015 10:21 AM EDT
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Oct. 7, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 736
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, will provide an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Oct. 7, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 674
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Oct. 7, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 636
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 7, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 421
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Oct. 7, 2015 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 741
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Oct. 7, 2015 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,342